Tactical Mod Rework

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DontCare97, Jun 5, 2021.

1. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

Can we please get a rework for some tactical mods such as power efficiency 5% is ok but not enough plus its 2021 some stuff needs to change here's an example New Power Efficiency:Now uses(Tier System)

Power Efficiency Tier1: Passive @ Tier 1 Player health drops below 20% gain 2% power regen for 10 seconds,Superpowers uses 5% less power.

Power Efficiency Tier2: Player health drops below 20% gain 4% power regen for 10seconds,Superpowers uses 10% less power.

Power Efficiency Tier3: Player health drops below 20% gain 6% power regen for 10seconds,Superpowers uses 15% less power.

Power Efficiency Tier4: Player health drops below 20% gain 8% power regen for 10seconds,Superpowers uses 20% less power.

Power Efficiency Tier5: Player health drops below 20% gain 10% power regen for 10seconds,Superpowers uses 20% less power.

Same thing goes for some other tactical mods such as accelerated back mods but only for ice and earth
    regenerative shield mod,supercharge perfect poise3,supercharge pheromone bloom3,quick healing,reserve tank for example the simple changes.

Supercharge Perfect Poise instead of granting back 2.5% Supercharge when you activate Perfect Poise you'll receive 5% same thing for Pheromone Bloom Sc

Quick Healing Reworked:
    Quick Healing Tier1: Passive @ Tier 1 Player health drops below 20% gain 2% health regen for 10 seconds,Gain 2% Healing bonus.

Quick Healing Tier2: Passive @ Tier 2 Player health drops below 20% gain 4% health regen for 10 seconds,Gain 4% Healing bonus.

Quick Healing Tier3: Passive @ Tier 3 Player health drops below 20% gain 6% health regen for 10 seconds,Gain 6% Healing bonus.

Quick Healing Tier4: Passive @ Tier 4 Player health drops below 20% gain 8% health regen for 10 seconds,Gain 8% Healing bonus.

Quick Healing Tier5: Passive @ Tier 5 Player health drops below 20% gain 10% health regen for 10 seconds,Gain 10% Healing bonus.
    Can also be updated with a pve system effect towards the mods effectiveness meaning it'll only work in pve related content to
    balance out the possibility of players abusing it in things such as duels are arenas

Guardian Angel Reworked small change just decrease the cool down effect from 5 minutes to 2.5 minutes

Tanks Toughness V:A new tactical mod idea increase dominance by an additional 10% without blocking

Introducing waist mods:
    Reserve Tank could be 1st mod for it but with some changes such as a slight rename like Reserved Power with the same stats and effects it already has
    2nd mod could be Extended Supercharge with same stats and effects it has as of rn

Last change to explain what i meant by accelerated back mods for earth and ice it would change Accelerated Gemstone to regen by additional 25%
    and ice reflect shield to make up for the lack of no healing abilities which is stupid for tank powers should be troll powers that cant heal aka lights
    triad ability shouldn't exist on light tbh
    • Like x 1
  2. Vella Well-Known Player

Just make leg mods viable, and I'll be happy.
    • Like x 8
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They just need to fix the scaling on the ones that have scaled to slow over the years/DLC to the point where they’re irrelevant. Affinity mods too.
    • Like x 2
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol here we go again with trying to make everyone op so that you can complete a solo lol.
    • Like x 2
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

When the mods say “heal a small amount” the value is a fixed number when it should be a percentage. Early in the game at much lower levels that fixed value is significant… but when you start talking about current end game levels, that value is barely a drop in the bucket.

The real rework that needs to occur is that the mods should be tied to an armory, not the individual piece of equipment. It becomes a glaring flaw when the OP items need to be set up for alternative builds or dual roles. When the item was a waist, there was no mod socket. When it was legs, most of the mods are not viable… but when it became a head or back, the constant need to switch mods is a royal pain in the tuchus. We had some good build ideas for the items… but the best feature was in Metal: Part I… where once you had the neck you could get an additional one by spending 10 coins for the Dark Robin’s Gift, and then 10 coins each for the three keys to open it (40 keys total). The current system for the past few DLCs (starting with Metal: Part II) is actually quite prohibitive for dual roles or multiple builds because you still need to obtain the same number of catalysts, even though the vendor one is half price, as well as the same amount of manna.
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Why does a player have to be practically dead for any of the mods to activate? Right now the way Power Efficiency and Quick Healing works it is considerably better than what you are proposing because in practical content you would never proc these. You aren't getting to 20% health in an alert or raid, even a Tank realistically in Elite will never get to 20% because powers like Page of Destiny and Bio-Capacitor kick in.
    • Like x 3
  7. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

Ok Buddy Very Special must think everyone rely on healers like he does 24/7 plus my idea way better then the state they in rn and to add could def help healers save more power incase of runs without any trolls and plently of folks drop to 20% or lower in content show me a vid of you sittin at full health without anything or anyone to heal you while not doing anything literally i'll wait
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Lol so now you are completely changing how the mods work with what you just said to me. "could help healers save more power incase of runs without trolls" So you are saying you want your own tactical mod to proc on "OTHER" player's health pools? What healer is EVER dropping to 20% unless its a group wipe? What sense does it make for your own personal tactical mod to proc on something someone else does in the group?

I don't believe you actually know what 20% looks like on a health bar or what it feels like to be at 20% health in content. In alerts without a healer a player can block and gain health below 50% health, in a raid like I said multiple artifact abilities proc at 40% and and elec healer procs at 45% and channeled powers like Invocation of Renewal heal more if the target is 50% or less. Literally EVERYTHING in the game is working against you to have your health at 20% for obvious reasons. Not much point in having tactical mod proc if you are about to be dead...

I don't need to upload a video, ill wait until you can understand the fundamental mechanics of how DCUO operates and then you can propose a mod rework system that actually is feasible.

thanks
    • Like x 2
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Not sure how they could revamp the Mods but Legs needs at least more than three options for load out moves.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He's trolling you. Don't entertain him.
  11. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

It would be nice to see the Tactical Mods offer more choices on customization of power choices, doing more to eliminate cookie cutter power trays.

City of Heroes had a very good system for allowing powers to be customized and differentiated.
    • Like x 1
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I would like it if leg mods regenerated 1% of max health, max occurrence every 12 seconds. Seems workable, marginally beneficial, not game breaking.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

A few better options on leg mods (maybe back even) and removal of the prompts when socketing them or donating socketed gear and I'd be happy enough.
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

if you, as a tank, get to 20% in a Raid, either you just got one shotted or someone else has dropped the ball; it's not impossible, just not probable and usually an indicator of something having hit the fan... and to be frank I'd rather have those working like they do now instead of being clutch "oh crap" moment functions only...
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I actually already have this one on deck.

The only thing "Special" about this build is the Mystic Symbol, which is an "anyone can use it" Artifact. She's not doing ANYTHING for a solid minute in the middle there, except getting her *** kicked. Enjoy.
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Iono, see above, like I said, there's already an answer to that question and the answer is "HAH".
  17. DCUO 21Savage Active Player

Most people can't read i can tell especially obsidian here's a breakdown the newer version of the power efficiency will for example at T5 upgrade will always help most players save 20% more power which is very helpful especially to the trolls power spamming buddy and once the troll is near death like at 20% health or lower and their powers are halfway down maybe at 45% for example they'll receive 10% of their power back for 10s now do you understand buddy and btw you can tell by how this was written that even if they health wasn't 20% or lower they'll still save 20% more power then how the mod originally worked which is way better then it currently is im not too much of a follower of the 20% or lower health power regen effect but it'll still come in handy for healers incase they power spam at near death giving them more of a chance to make a comeback or trolls,tanks maybe power hungry near death dpses like atomic
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I can clearly tell English is not your first language. The tactical mod rework as above is completely and utterly worthless power efficiency, how it works now is infinitely better than what is described here. For one there doesn't need to be a system that acts as a crutch to save players who can't follow mechanics and purposefully try to kill themselves to proc tactical mods. Secondly the way the above system is described would never proc naturally in groups.

Critical No-Death apart of the Perfectionist feat is the hardest elite content presently in the game, and in an ENTIRE run of the hardest feat you can do in elite out of an ENTIRE group of 8 players only 1 time did a player drop before 20% and that was for <2 seconds.

In regular content its near impossible to drop that low unless you aren't running with a healer. It's not that "most people can't read" its that the OP has no idea what actually happens in DCUO and wasted his time detailing a worthless system.
    • Like x 3
  19. DCUO 21Savage Active Player

I feel sorry for every guy who watches your content tbh because if you're the guy who's so called teachin newer and returnin players on what and how to use thinkin that 5% power save is better then 20% plus a new passive effect for players near death then ik somethin is truly wrong with your head and you need the help im sure medication can help or the mental institution can help buddy and folks who know me known im not the type to start bs but people like you are the reason dc haven't been improving for all these years i missed when the true og experts used to play tbh like ventus because even they have common sense to know this idea is near perfect compared to its current state with a few problems such as havin to wait till your health drops 20% or lower for the power regen effect but to always save 20% more power then 5% is way better now i see why most folks i hear say you're the worst dcuo youtuber to drop any content so far and after this i believe them you only been somewhat helpful to me with the celest and nature guide by 2% outside of that glad i never listen to any other advice you give because i would be kneelin in every content like you do 24/7 i can imagine the struggle you go through every mornin doing the vault and stabilizer event
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You are probably the same guy as the one who posted this trying to pretend you are a supporter lol.

NO these ideas a terrible. If you actually need any of these ideas to complete content than the issue isnt with the powers. The issue is with the players using the powers. Why in the world does anyone need a 20% power cost reduction. Even on HL when im using my power hungry ST rotation I can manage my power just fine even with a claw troll. If they added the 20% power reduction than why even have a troll? Terrible idea.

Do tactical mods need a rework? in general no. SOME could use buffs but a rework? No.
    • Like x 2