Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - House of Legends Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Dope.

But the real question is. What will quantums pet be? Im thinkin a moon. A planet. A giant star? Or if you go the time route. A clock. A grandfather if you will. :cool::p
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

At this time only Elite content from Amazon Fury II and up qualifies. For that little feisty fiery feathered critter, I did go back and add Elite Headlines so it could qualify for the system (so yes, people will need to run that content once more - two elite raids - to qualify to buy the T3 version on the store). Elite Headlines didn't start until EP30 with Earth 3 so we'll look into adding Elite headlines from Amazon Fury II up to Earth 3 where they weren't a thing. If the starros align, I'll get them added when this launches so people can take a stab at them now before waiting until a new pet is introduced and found to best fit into say... Prison Break or some such.
    • Like x 4
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Quislet would have been a nice candidate but BATUBA ruined that for me (now you know why he's no longer with us - I kid, I kid).
    • Like x 5
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Awesome as long as i dont hear the cursed phrase of ”run Darkseid’s War Factory Elite again” I hate that 1
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Ruined. Lol
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Maybe you could attach them to Hop 2, because of the Apokolips connection? Also is the pet vendor dropping in August with everything else?
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Looks like you’re wrong, I will need elite headlines :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

I have a question. Solos will be clamped too? Because I think we are already clamped in Iconic Solos when we use Legends characters? would it be affected at all?
  9. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

You can complete at least some duos by yourself without "rote" knowledge of the combat system "at level". Less if you are trying to complete them in a timely manner. The more experience you have the more likely you'll be able to the complete them alone at level. However, newcomers have issues completing Duos with a leveled partner (let alone by themselves "on time"). This may phase out the higher they get due to experience but I think the Duos get harder---so maybe not.

Bottom Line: Duos need to be Duos. You might as well make them solos if players can complete them alone as a norm. Key factor to stat clamping is to respect the number of players that are participating in the mode. If two can enter, than two is what should be needed.

Skill should make the journey easier but it should not make your teammate unneeded to complete the mission.

Note: Anyone that has played DCUO to ad nauseam or to where "play" has become muscle memory are not suited to judge what is easy or hard for "old content". I suspect that these ppl could walk away from DCUO for five years, come back and still complete old content as if they are over geared (especially "PVP veterans" that were around before it "broke").
  10. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

To be clear, the adds are important as well and probably the harder issue to solve.
    Note: I mention this because I rarely read about their importance on this topic (or on any topic really).
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Not to mention the bugs that can occur. Nothing is more heartbreaking than having an old instance you want finally pop, only to accidentally soft lock it by killing something too quickly. I’m actually much more in favour of clamping than you might think because this has happened to me a lot. But I agree it needs to be a gentle clamp so instances like say, Darkseid’s War Factory remain manageable for players of high cr but average skill.
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yep.
    • Like x 3
  13. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

That's the difference between are points of view. I see player participation as a need, something vital---where you won't complete the mission without everyone making at least average efficacious contributions. To me, your view shifts from mine when there is a high level player in the mix. Suddenly those other players are formalities---whether they participate or not has no "meaningful" position throughout the level. Where if there aren't any high tiered players, than those players are free to have a traditional run.

Note: In FFXIV players can still tear through levels but it's through raw skill---not stats. However, only in regards to their role and how much access they have to their abilities if their not directly cooperating with one another (and I mean directly, not passively). I think a lot of you underestimate how quickly you can get through content by understanding the systems since DCUO and most MMOs are similar as to what I've described.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Then here’s hoping you don’t clamp us *too* hard so I can do the Atlantis elites. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Feel like Gorilla Island is the most deserving content in the game to receive a Elite upscale. Seeing as its only ever been utilized 1 time
    • Like x 1
  16. Sammy Well-Known Player

I don't understand.

I've never been able to do elite content and succeed. Everytime I try, we end up wiping. Even trying to go back and do amazon fury elite zeus was a disaster. And now with the scaling changed. I can't believe it. Either make Elite easier or don't do clamping for elite. Its hard enough already.
  17. Mertal Defer Level 30

How you put time into the game and get better?
  18. Proxystar #Perception

So are you fine where relevant duos sit right now or not? Take the most recent duo, are you saying you have an issue with it? Because you do know although its "helpful" and certainly "desirable" your partner participate in there, it's not exactly required if you're good enough.

I don't particularly agree, I appreciate this might be somewhat subjective, but trash mobs between boss fights are, at least for me anyway irrelevant to the experience, you could literally delete them and I would give zero cares and I'm probably not alone in that.

Of course, breaking the instance is obviously one of the biggest isues.

Similar response to my earlier comments to you, player participation yes, absolute reliance upon that player, no

Balancing a duo around requiring the two players in absolute terms is the exact extremity I referenced in my post you quoted that shouldn't prevail, it's over clamping past the point that exists within what is going to be termed "end game content" you'd be making the new "non end game content" harder than the most recent.

The clamp has to be light enough to still make it feel like you've progressed, not remained static or even worse become even harder that's beyond asinine and is exactly the type of damaging clamping that was undertaken in SWToR.

It sounds like you take some issue with difficulty in general of fresh content, in which case I'd suggest you probably try to give a bit more testing feedback to the devs when the duos are first released so they're the challenge you want at first but not so much as the player progresses :)
  19. Bats. New Player

Hi there Charon, is there anything we could know about the upcoming Batman Day and Wonder Woman’s 80th anniversary? Will we get Batman and Wonder Woman styles, etc?

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Did you bother to learn the mechanics of the fight and then have everyone at least able to listen on voice to directions/alerts?

And still wiped? Or did you not bother, which is the solution to your problem?

Mind, I'm lacking feats for elite raids going back many DLCs due to various health issues of mine and, frankly, lack of dedication these days. But that's how to do them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.