Bring back classic dcuo as separate game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MojoDuul, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Actually no... People who are playing Classic WoW were people already long gone, and went to playing private servers that would offer that experience again. Now that Blizzard has Classic WoW servers, people who used to play those private servers are actually playing Classic WoW Blizz, so they got old players interested in ONLY CLASSIC WOW back.

It won't divide community, if someone want to play Classic DCUO, they will do so, just like those some peeps are not interested into playing current DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  2. MojoDuul Active Player

1.I made it perfectly clear that if she has not played the game in 2012 then it does not make sense for her to comment on a thread about a 2012 version of the game. this is not hard to understand.
    2. I never said dcuo and daybreak were not the same company and I corrected her on her assumption that i did not know this already. I did not assume she did not play the game in 2012 because she disagreed with me. zoe literally said "I didn't play back then, I've started playing at 2016." I know she did not play the game in 2012 because SHE SAID SHE DID NOT PLAY IT THEN.
    3. Fact is the original game had more popularity and people playing than the current game. the current game is the one that can barely survive.
    4.The population did not gradually decline over time as players lost interest instead the devs released weapon mastery and then the majority of pvp players left. we covered this already.
    5. yes people are allowed to disagree so allow me to disagree with you. i never said people are not allowed to disagree. please show me where i said people are not allowed to disagree with me? strawmanning yet again, that is a logical fallacy.
    6. I know for a fact she is not from 2012 BECAUSE SHE SAID SHE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME THEN AND STARTED IN 2016. FACE PALM. how would you know it is not the solution unless you at least try first? logic dictates that if pvp was more populated and active in 2012, but then died after the devs made changes to it then it is the changes the devs made that killed it.
    7. If you assumed that i was claiming daybreak and soe were not the same then that is your problem not mine. do not act like it is justified to talk down to someone because you assumed wrong. i said the comment about the forums after reading what you guys had to say. that is a conclusion i came to after interacting with you guys and seeing how little you knew.

i have pointed out why dcuo pvp was better in the past in other threads i do not need to do that here. you clearly are ignorant because your argument is completely flawed.
    I addressed every point you made but you guys never address or answer the questions i ask you. you guys can not even debate properly. do you remember FC or CTR? how about EER or SupStat?
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Id like that to see pvp return to how it was, but this isnt like WoW. Replay badges and lack of additions will have DCUO "Classic" bone dry within a matter of time. WoW can fall back on TBC and WotLK. Hell Classic died the moment they released TBC.
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

1.) But it does make sense, you want people to support your idea of a classic DCUO right? But you insist on talking her down and trying to dismiss her because she ain't knowledgeable about the version of this game that you liked so much; When the much better approach would be to explain why DCUO classic was so much better.

But you still refuse to do that; having posts from other threads don't matter unless your willing to come here and quote them.

2.) Okay. I concede on this.

3.) Barely Survive? You mean the Morden DCUO that's on.. Xbox, PS4, Switch, PC, and now coming to the Playstation 5 later down the road? For a 10 year old game, that's something to brag about; not distance yourself from.

4.) What do you think I mean by population gradually declined? WOW left because they did updates people didn't like, people left Terra because it did updates people didn't like. DCUO did the same sort of thing, that's all.

You keep pointing out "weapon mastery" but no. Game Update 47 was what caused the game population to split after people found out about stat-clamping.

5.) Where did I claim you said this? I ain't putting words in your mouth. Rather the only thing I did was point out just how quickly dismissive you are to everyone else who doesn't see classic DCUO in the same vein as you do. Calling everyone ignorant instead of elaborating why DCUO classic was great is toxic.

6.) PVP was more populated because it was playable, but that still doesn't mean Classic DCUO is the answer. PVP just needs to be fixed, everyone universally agrees on the need for PVP to be fixed.

Just think about this for a second.. You really want to entrust Daybreak with Classic DCUO after you've been here preaching that they ruined Morden DCUO? If you want to discuss bad logic, there it is right in front of you.

7.) So if we're so misinformed.. Inform us. Persuade us. It's your thread, your stage, you need to be the one to make the case for DCUO classic. You said you made old posts in other threads; why not quote them here?

8) My argument ain't flawed at all. Everyone told you DCUO classic wouldn't work out, DCUO classic didn't have enough content; DCUO classic didn't survive. The game was most populated, but that didn't matter.

DCUO didn't retain those people.
    DCUO didn't maintain the subscription only model it had in 2011 to 2012 with those population numbers.

9.) I don't remember any of those people, I was playing the game back in late 2013. I remember FNL but that was about it.

You do what you want to; but be-aware if your dismissive and calling everybody ignorant after a short exchange here on the forums; it ain't gonna serve you well when you make thread topics. You reap what you sow.

/Final Reply.
    • Like x 4
  5. Eve YouTuber

Are you assuming my gender now? wow, rude. Yes I am a girl, me and Jacob known each other for a few years now.
    I would listen if you were abit more constructive in your posts in other threads and here.
    • Like x 4
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've always loved this one. :D

The devs have tried to get PvP in a good place. But one of the big obstacles is that the PvP community couldn't seem to come to a consensus on what it was they wanted. They tried some ideas, some liked them while others didn't. Try other ideas? The exact same thing would happen, usually accompanied by a chorus of "This isn't what we wanted."

It's a bit tough to get things in working order when half of the equation (players) can't seem to agree on what they want. So I don't blame the devs in the least for setting it off to the side until there is a consensus of any kind because until there is agreement, any efforts made by the devs could very well be wasted time, money and resources.

I'd never begrudge the PvP community in getting that part of the game into a better spot. But it's tough for me to have a whole lot of sympathy for their plight when a good chunk of it is due to their own actions.
    • Like x 8
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

You missed the most important part. One must also yell “pancakes” roughly every 45 seconds and once every 2 min must say “thats why you dont stand in the pancakes”
    • Like x 1
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

No we dont
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

By that logic, you shouldnt comment on a vanilla gersion because most content was pve ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Perhaps chat doesnt go a mile a min now like t used to because back then people shouted for groups and shouted to build groups. Now we just Q up an take what we can get, no need to shout this no one shouts.
    I mean, really any instance day 1 of dlc can be Q’d up for. Back in the day you could be full T4 or T5 and still shouted for FOS2 because it was that tough an you needed to build a good group.
    The criteria your using to falsly claim the game is dead and has heen since 2012 is mind numbingly flawwed
    Just sayin
    • Like x 1
  11. MojoDuul Active Player

I agree that you can never make everyone happy so you might as well make the core of the pvp community happy and ignore the rest. the devs introduced weapon mastery which was OP and would basically one shot people when it first came out. this was a horrible idea and the majority of the pvp community would agree. same goes for the OP combos they had where the longer it took the do the combo the more dmg it would do so you would be getting one shotted by smoke bomb, any pvp player would have seen this was a bad idea. when devs introduce stuff like this into pvp it is clear they have no idea what they are doing regarding pvp. my thoughts are that they introduced this stuff for pve really and did not stop to think how it would hurt pvp.
    • Like x 1
  12. MojoDuul Active Player

dcuo always had more pve content than pvp but back then pvp was what attracted so many players to the game. i never would have started playing this game if it was not for the pvp. literally the pvp got me hooked and i have been looking for a game that can fill the void that dcuo left when they broke the pvp but i have not found a game that can even come close to being as good as dcuo use to be. if you know one please recommend it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

I'll take a 2012 version of PVP. Everything else, nah.
    • Like x 2
  14. MojoDuul Active Player

thank you for your comment appreciate the feedback.
    back when the shout chat was full of people joking around and having fun. they had an LFG chat when i was playing so they were not using shout mainly to find groups. most of the time it was casual conversation and fun. if you think the game is so alive please Q for an 8v8 arena match and see how long it takes you, good luck.
    • Like x 1
  15. MojoDuul Active Player

this guy gets it.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mertal Defer Level 30

This ^^ Give us rps back, the old pvp get rid of the power spam in pvp non sense and everything else is cool.
  17. Solarbound Committed Player

Hey, I've been around, man. Haha
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And who, pray tell, gets to decide who makes up the core of the PvP community? If you happened to fall outside of whatever criteria are used to determine the core, would you gladly acquiesce to the demands and whims of those who are determined to be the core?

See that's a nasty little problem with the forums. Speaking generally it's very easy to think that your opinion is one that speaks for everyone when that's usually FAR from the case. And from my years of observing the PvP discussions/requests/demands, there seems to have been more than a few folks who think they speak for everyone when they can only speak for themselves. And when that happens, there's no sign (much less a chance) of getting any agreement, which has contributed significantly to bringing about the current situation.

If you think your suggestion is the way to go, more power to you. Just keep in mind that some of the PvP community might think you aren't in the core, and you'll just end up ignored.
    • Like x 4
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

100% this.

and I hate to say it but this also applies to the PVE side of things as well whenever there's a big update going on. The last big update for PVE which was the stats-revamp ended up turning into a lot of last minute bickering over the lack of dev response and people feeling like there was favoritism going on.

I would know because I was involved in testing for it. Which is why I'm not getting involved with testing when the stat-clamping update happens. I'm gonna let the wolves fight amongst themselves.
  20. MojoDuul Active Player

The core of the PvP community is easy to figure out. we all knew who the core players and main leagues in pvp were back in the day. when you Qued for arenas and you saw certain leagues on the other team you knew whether or not it was going to be a hard or easy fight. Example, on PC their was a league called Privacy and everyone knew they were good. when you went into arenas and saw privacy on the other team you knew you were in trouble. the core is decided by merit. the cream rises to the top.