Anyone else feel like new changes are a bit overdone?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minotaur38, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Minotaur38 Active Player

These new changes coming are going to destroy this game. The devs are putting in too much change, and oversaturating everything, and while continuing to nerf us, and they obviously can't come up with good content anymore. Personally, I think these new changes are an illusion, and will destroy this game.
  2. Eve YouTuber

Woah there, this isn't the apocalypse.
    The game needed a change and this is the perfect timing to introduce long time requests by players, new features and opportunities.
    Honestly, It's not even out yet and people making it doom and gloom. Relax, take a deep breath, come when it hits test and give your feedback for adjustments before it hits the live servers for a better start.
    • Like x 13
  3. Spyeedy Active Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  4. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I think these are possibly the greatest changes to the game ever. I think they are long overdue and will completely reinvigorate the game in ways we can only imagine. I think it will be fantastic, and once people actually *play* it, they will be coming back in droves. I think it'll give the game another 20 years of life.

So, no, I don't think they are overdoing it. If anything, I wish they'd made these changes years ago. But at least now the game is owned by a company that actually cares about the gaming experience instead of an investment company just trying to make a buck, so I am trusting that the changes will be done right because of the new ownership, and the players will be listened to as a whole and the gaming experience will only get better.

There will always be someone disappointed. The devs could come up with a literally perfect system - but there would be someone complaining about how awful it is. This new direction is great. It's not even "the least bad" of many paths. It's what the game needs. But lots of people will complain because it doesn't fit their own preconceived notion of how the game ought to be, or fit the pattern established out of bad habits and bad practice in the past.
    • Like x 5
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think our damage output needs to be clamped, so many instances can bug out if you kill stuff too fast. And even at level we can destroy stuff pretty fast. But, hopefully our defences will be left somewhat more intact.
    • Like x 6
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

#ScarecrowArkhamAsylum
    • Like x 3
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I get it. The sky is falling every single time change is introduced. The games also been dying every dlc. And the game has been dead ever since they introduced any major change.

Everything that’s happening in the update are things that are important for the long term success of the game. If you really don’t like it and quit so be it. These changes are about the future.
    • Like x 10
  8. Solarbound Committed Player

Most of the changes happening are things I've taken part in suggesting for years. You need to understand what's about to occur is a necessity for the greater health of this game.
    • Like x 5
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Assuming you're correct. I'm cautiously optimistic, but this could all go poorly. Time will tell.
    • Like x 1
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I do think the game needs to change but I don't think they can pull it off without testing it 100% so it might be better to do it in phases instead.
  11. inferno Loyal Player

I can't wait. Bring it on and let's get it over with.
  12. Solarbound Committed Player

I'll put it like this for you. In regards to what aspects of these changes I'm referring, it's a similar formula to top MMO's on the market. Such being part of what has helped to make them successful. DCUO is currently bottom tier. What do you think has to be done to change that direction? I'm sure that's a very question those DEVS sat back and asked themselves upon making this decision.

I don't know exactly what your gripes are. But, it seems like most people are complaining about the "stat clamping" within older content. The approach is giving back content relevance, as well as helping to retain newer players, and that's important for continued growth. How can anyone oppose that?

The conclusions several are jumping to right now, this change won't be as drastic as they're making it seem.
    • Like x 2
  13. myandria Item Storage

Well,

Changes needed to happen, and many of the upcoming changes are long overdue. When major changes like this one happens in an online game, you can expect to see a loss of players. However, the focus of these changes are to keep as many current players as possible, entice former players to return and attract more people to play the game.

MMO's have been slowly moving away from the wide gap between memberships/subscriptions model. As Pandarus pointed out, the devs want players to play the game without feeling obligated to purchase a membership to enjoy it. I think these changes are very close to achieving that goal for free and premium players and the changes to the On-Duty missions will be good for the player base in general.

Just because the devs are not putting out "new content" for the near future doesn't mean they do not have anything new in the works for the far future. None of us knows what is truly happening behind the dev curtains. The dev's schedule(s) never runs in parallel or in rhythm to the player's concept of how their schedules should run.

As Zoe mentioned, consider participating in the test sever when these changes are released there, or if you cannot, keep your eye on the Test Forums to see how others are experiencing it.

No need to shoot down the balloon before putting helium in it.

Just sayin'.
    • Like x 3
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

It may be great. Might not be. For nearly every good major game revamp, there's an NGE. I think I was mainly responding to your comment that the changes outlined are a "necessity". No one REALLY knows how this is all going to shake out. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm more or less fine with how the game is currently. If this is TOO drastic of a change, especially in requiring more of a time commit to stay on top of things, well...we'll see how that bears out in the long run. Might keep other players around and weed other players out. Again...time will tell. I hope it's positive, but I've been burned before, LOL.
    • Like x 1
  15. Solarbound Committed Player

I suffered a burn out that put me out of commission for 3 whole years from this game. So, I can understand that. Yet, given the direction DCUO has gone over the years, such a change is long overdue. The very reason why I call it a "necessity." Having a few lingering doubts are fine. That's natural when you're about to encounter change. When I know from experience how such a formula works in other MMOs, as well as how it's received from those very communities, I'm confident we're all getting a fair trade off.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Cliffs notes version:

DOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Like x 6
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

GLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Nope. Much needed. Much appreciated.
    • Like x 3
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Haven't you heard? Membership and participation in the Pitchfork Echo Chamber Club leaves little time for such trivial things like "being part of a solution"! :p
    • Like x 3
  20. myandria Item Storage

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sorry.. couldn't resist that one. That's enough "Doom" for now!:D
    • Like x 1