Bring back classic dcuo as separate game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MojoDuul, Jul 9, 2021.

1. MojoDuul Active Player

oh settle down.
    orbit does not youtube anymore because his channel as dedicated to dcuo and when dcuo died he had no more reason to youtube. people always complain that is nothing new. so what if people said spytle was ruining the game people always say stuff like that in every game and always will.

if you honestly think the old pvp is not that different from the new one then you clearly have no idea what you are saying. the counter delays are one of the biggest issues with pvp and it does not play at all like it use to. the fast paced combat is what you want in pvp not some slow sloppy mess with counter delays and people being one shotted by weapon mastery. I guess you like it better when tanks can't be killed and people just spam their powers with unblockable rifle combos to get cheap wins.

PvP was not about ganking low lvl people although that did happen, you clearly were never a pvp player.
    all powers were OP when they came out celest was practically one shotting people when it came out same with quantum.

The majority of players did leave after weapon mastery, the pvp phase practically died after 4 months on PC after WM came out. trade chat is not an indicater of how populated pvp phase was, actually walking around pvp phase and not seeing anyone was. pve players use trade chat also.
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

Lol there it is. "DCUO is dead because PvP is not getting love"...
    I get it you are frustrated and want to play a fixed balances pvp, but this is far from being the way to do it this, by seeing your other threads and comments.

Not everyone wants "Classic DCUO" and I doubt the Devs will change it back or make a classic server, waste of time and resources.
    • Like x 8
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Umm, you seem to have some rose colored glasses on and are bit off on your timelines. The down hill you are talking about started well before the sale of the company.

Fun facts here, the sale of SOE was official in February 2015 and Weapon Mastery went live May 2014. Oh and lets add that the infamous GU47 went live May 2015, which means SOE was working on that well before Sony even thought of selling the company.

I will give you that 2012 was good in the first half of the year but by the end of it they had started down a path of changes. Weapons and powers reworks, the intro of replay badges and the first attempt at a single Mark system, oh yeah and the soooo loved Last Laugh DLC all happened then.

As for your idea of a Classic DCUO. I really don't think so, it's not worth it. It really wouldn't bring in enough players and the novelty of it would wear off really fast for those that did try it.
    • Like x 3
  4. Dene Devoted Player

LMAO - this bit had me rolling
    • Like x 1
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

You forgot - Run nude through the Watchtower/HOD
    • Like x 1
  6. MojoDuul Active Player

you are clearly not a pvp player because if you were playing in pvp phase like i was back when weapon mastery was introduced you would have seen the population decline. the fact that you ignore this is amazing. maybe PVE players should not comment on pvp?
    • Like x 1
  7. MojoDuul Active Player

you can say that but the fact is I was playing dcuo before rage came out and the loading screen had the SOE logo when you started up the game. I took like 3 months off from the game came back and suddenly there was a daybreak logo on the loading screen and i was like wtf? i vividly remember this. the sale may have been "official" by 2015 but the game had already added the daybreak logo in 2014. we will have to agree to disagree when it comes to how popular the classic game would be. if anything they could release the full classic game for free so players can play and when they play it, if they like it this may draw more players to the current game. think about it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Sorry mate, public forums, I can comment on what I see fit with my thoughts. I am not going to change my stance so you'll be happy lol

I didn't play back then, I've started playing at 2016. But I really doubt that many players care enough for this to happen. I don't think PvP should be ignored completely, but just because the PvP phase is not full as you want it to be, it does not mean the game is dead. This argument is old and pathetic at this point.

If you want the Devs to listen and do something, you'll have to change this entitled attitude and start giving out ideas and feedback because otherwise they will not listen to you. Respect goes both ways. People think they deserve the world when it comes to game changes they want, and this is not how it works. Be respectful, give out ideas, and give it time. This attitude some PvP Players have is what drives the Devs away from even communicating on fixing it.
    • Like x 5
  9. MojoDuul Active Player

I never said you are not allowed to comment i said maybe people who are pve players should not comment on a forum about pvp when they do not know what they are saying. ya you started after the game population had already severely dropped so you just proved my point. you have no idea what you are talking about. you are literally commenting on a post about a version of the game you never played. do you realize how ignorant that is? you are completely ignorant of how big and how populated the game use to be. vills and heros had their own shout chats and the chat would be going a mile aminute but now the shout chat is so dead they literally combined vill and hero shout and it is still dead. PC and PS were separate anf both were backed now pc and ps are combined and the population is onn life support. the only one with an entitled attitude is you considering you are acting like you know what you are talking about on a forum about a version of the game you never played. We have given the devs ten years and they have done nothing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

Do you have the numbers to back up your claims? And no, don't bring me Steam numbers. I am playing the game and have no problem getting into content, queued or making a group through LFG and I am on EU. Your argument is funny and considering most of my friends played here before me and saw the same "The game is dead" threads back then too, this is just a joke at this point. I am commenting on how the game is now and if you are not finding any enjoyment in the game I have no idea what are you holding onto? Considering the game is "Dead" in your eyes. lol
    • Like x 3
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

The chorus of "the game is dead" started up roughly a month after launch. This guy is just huffing some sort of nostalgia that's clouding his memory. The game had that "new car" smell about it, everything was shiny and new. There were a lot more PvPers, but...there were also a lot of feats associated with it. I know SO many people that stopped after they got the feats because PvP was always very...eh. The strategies tended to be on the same on each map, any time someone wasn't great it was lag or latency, if someone won they were "speedhackers". Wash, rinse, repeat. With any minor change, there were calls that things were ruined but generally had people also praising the changes. It was constant back and forth.
    • Like x 5
  12. MojoDuul Active Player

how about you Q for an 8v8 arena match and see how long it takes you to get in then? this is what pvp phase use to be like, go to pvp phase now and tell me it is not dead. you have no idea what you are talking about. why you are commenting on a forum about a version of the game you never played especially when you are a pve player i have no idea.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

You see? you can't back it up so you go back and forth with the "Why are you commenting..." I am commenting because you make petty argument about PvP and claiming the game is dead because PvP gets no love. I don't care about PvP anymore, but you want something that will waste the Devs time and resources instead of giving them ideas and feedback on how to improve PvP without being entitled to it.
    This thread is prime example of why PvP have low chances of getting fixed.

Honestly PvP could've been fixed and flourished if players changed heir attitude and worked WITH the Devs instead of bashing them and the game at every given chance.
    • Like x 7
  14. MojoDuul Active Player

why are you still talking? you literally admitted you have never played the SOE version of the game. you commented without even watching the video i posted so why should i take you seriously? i never said pvp is dead because it gets no love i said it is dead because there is NO ONE IN PVP PHASE and on top of that like i said Q FOR AN 8V8 AND SEE HOW LONG IT TAKE TO POP. this is not rocket science. you never even knew what pvp was you started in 2016 and you are a pve player so your opinion on pvp is worth nothing. I have already made a post and several videos about how the devs can improve pvp and this forum is not about improving pvp it was about how it would be cool if dc released an soe version of the game. keep up please. ig the devs are so insecure that they can not take criticism on pvp without getting their feelings hurt and they are so petty they choose not to fix it out of spite than we need new devs.
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

Yeah no good luck getting anything you want done with this attitude. xD
    • Like x 5
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

How about you do us a favor and go grab orbitt and grab all these old school guys who are begging old school DCUO to come back; and do a demonstration here on the forums in a constructive manner.

You want her to stop commenting? Your the one who's saying Classic DCUO needs to return, but when people on the forums are telling ya we don't want it; your getting all crossed up in arms telling people their ignorant, telling people dcuo classic is missed, telling people they don't know what they are talking about..

Also: Quit attacking her for being PVE. You want classic DCUO, you can't neglect somebody for playing PVE when PVE along with respec tokens and replay badges were the main money makers back in OG DCUO's hey-day.

PVP Phase used to be like your video showcased that until the developers removed low levels from coming, the vast majority of players were there to camp out and kill lowbies and prevent them from leveling up; once that happened then PVP phase became dead.

If you want to make a point about DCUO classic being returned, personal attacks on people ain't gonna help make your case.

You want DCUO classic to be the better game, you need to do the persuasion; personal attacks only showcase that your just another old school bitter PVP player who thinks DCUO classic is the solution to everything.

Wow Classic happened because wow had a lot of different classes, races, content and expansion over the years and even OG World of Warcraft had a lot of content and exploration to do(Hi Deadmines XD.)

DCUO back in it's hey day was criticized for not having enough and it couldn't make it back then.
    So If OG DCUO back in it's prime when it was first starting out didn't survive, why would they ever incentivize to do old school DCUO or DCUO Classic? PVP players alone won't keep the servers for that game alive.

Your honestly better off trying to ask for PVP to get fixed but again I mean doing it in an actual constructive manner.

Have a nice day.
    • Like x 8
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

Your general attitude is also why a lot of people don't give two flying figs about PvP or fixing it. Ain't nobody needs that type of toxic BS and that's what PvP has always attracted. Just a bunch of emotionally stunted children. I mean, I get it. I'm sure your life is pretty awful so you only can get your kicks trying to feel superior in a video game or here on the forums. We're all been there, brobro. Might be time to grow up a bit, though and address someone like me...who's been here since beta and didn't flake off for how many years you did. You've got a really rosy memory going on that's clouded by nostalgia. There was never a period in this game where it was "great" and now it isn't. You're chasing something that never existed. You're also such a tiny minority wanting a "classic" version of the server. WoW was a cultural phenomenon...the minority of that crowd that wanted to wallow in some nostalgia was still viable to cater to. A couple of hundred mooks like yourself wanting to have measuring contests just doesn't warrant the effort.
    • Like x 8
  18. MojoDuul Active Player

i never said i want her to stop commenting. why is it you guys can not actually address what i actually say and then put words in my mouth? do not straw man me. fact is if you are a 2016 player then you do not know what you are talking about when we are talking about the 2012 version of the game. you can not argue against that which is why you do not even try. you explain to me how it is possible for someone who has never played the 2012 version of the game to know what they are saying when talking about the 2012 version of the game? please explain that to me would love to hear it. this is ignorance.
    you are half right. there were a ton of people trying to kill low level but most in pvp phase were there to test their skill against other lvl 30 and higher players. do you remember FC or CTR? how about EER or SupStat? the wars between heros and vills was the main reason people went to pvp phase. you say pvp phase died after they did not allow ppl to start in pvp phase ya that was around the same time weapon mastery was released so you agree that it was around that time that pvp died then. what happened is all the old players began to leave and no new players were coming in and so the pvp pop dropped. clearly you agree pvp is in fact dead so you agree with me and not zoe when it comes to that.
    it is not a personal attack to point out that someone does not know what they are talking about when they do not know what they are talking about. do not respond to someone with a sarcastic comment like you guys did and expect the person to reply all nice and sweet to you. you guys came at me with these sarcastic mocking comments and now you play the victim?
    idk how you can claim that the OG DCUO did not survive when it was more populated than the game currently.
    this is a forum about the classic DCUO if you want to comment about how pvp should be fixed than go to the pvp forums and comment their like i did. as i already said this forum is not about how pvp can be fixed that is a different forum this is about classic dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  19. MojoDuul Active Player

this comment is just childish shaming tactics. try making a rational argument instead of crying and insulting people. grow up.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

1. You keep asking why she's commenting on your thread, implying you have a problem with her disagreeing.
    2. You keep instigating that she didn't play the game in 2012 because she disagrees with classic DCUO and pointed out the fact that Daybreak and SOE are in fact the same company which is true.
    3. I can say OG classic DCUO did not survive because if it did.. This game would still be subscription based like it was in 2011-2012. The game wouldn't have had to do balance patch updates to powers that either buffed or nerfed them like they did with the aforementioned Rage Powerset. Further more, you wouldn't have to make a thread asking for classic DCUO if the game survived.

4. Finally, you keep talking about "Oh the population was good when it was 2012 when the game was OG." Yeah that happens to ALL MMOs. MMOs peak when they are brand new and then the population drops, go have a look at World of Warcraft if you need an example; the game had a better population back in it's hey day.

5. It's not a forum, it's a thread. People are allowed to disagree.

6. If this ain't about PVP, then what is it about? Every single reply I've seen mentioned from you is you wanting back classic DCUO because it had good PVP. You even went after ZOE because you said she was a PVE player specifically and claimed she ain't from 2012 when you don't even know that for a fact. I acknowledge PVP is dead, but I also know well enough that Classic DCUO ain't gonna be the solution to it.

So instead of persuading ZOE and telling her and everyone else how great DCUO classic actually was and how well it is; you still went after her because your going off an assumption that she hasn't played the game back in 2012; and you want to talk about me strawmaning you? LOL.

7. They came at you with sarcasm comments because you made it seem like Daybreak and SOE were two different companies, it's common knowledge at this point that they are one and the same. You then decided to keep telling everyone how ignorant and wrong they are about classic DCUO being supposedly great when classic DCUO couldn't even overtake any other MMO on the market at the time; it also could not maintain the subscription based only model that MMOs like WOW and FF14 still run with. You even made a ridiculous comment saying "Oh the game must've been ruined because of the forums, everyone's so ignorant" back on page 1.

Anybody who looks at your replies is gonna see it the way I see it, you'll just call people ignorant instead of making a good case for why DCUO classic should happen.

Your main argument of "Oh DCUO back in 2011-2012 had a better population" is at best... extremely flawed.

Again, MMOs lose players after they aren't new anymore.
    • Like x 7