Best original name contest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Critical Massacre, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Nissl New Player

My Main "Dark Subdimentual Lich" is called Sarath Nyr, my real name beginns with N and my sisters with S
    Also i love Lovercraft and my Costumes are offen inspired by this so i wanted the name to sound as if i could fit into the old god univers
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I have:
    Shtriga from Albanian Mythology
    Haugbui from Norse Mythology
    Gierach from Prussian Mythology
    Anglerfish- real animal
    Minotavros - Greek version of Minotaur
    Peter Pumpkineater - Nursery Rhyme

Besides those since they are all original spelling & 1 word except Peter, my favorites are:

Red Feast, he is a parasitic creature that absorbs radioactive material, he landed in Chernobyl & caused the meltdown, covering his body in full burns

Anaphylectric, he is a half machine, half german soldier, electric monstrosity. My take on a Frankenstein monster

Laughing Shadow, he is a living shadow, & my personification of The Bogeyman
    • Like x 1
  3. MrChamploo Level 30

BrotherrNature - My play on Mother Nature. Nature hero who’s goal is to protect nature anywhere at all costs.

Ampliightt - Literally a walking electrical amplifier. His original body was almost completely destroyed but now being a cyborg he is powered by electrical currents throughout his body.

Kweiizar - My time alien hero who’s name is a play on Quasar. She uses her quantum powers to create black holes like quasars do albeit at a more measured level.

Used to have an Adam Split as my atomic but killed him off
  4. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I called one of my first characters "Shanghai Jinks," he was a joker villain who sported a mixture of clown and Asian styles. My attempt at a play on the word 'hijinks.'
    • Like x 2
  5. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

xXxB4tm4nSup3rm4nDCC0micsH3R0xXx - Every other name was taken.
  6. Capt Mephisto Active Player

Carcharo Don: Reptile skinned character descended from the Carcharodontosaurus family of dinosaurs. Also, carcharodon means sharktoothed, so he has a wicked smile he rarely shows.
  7. Controller Devoted Player

My Main is Mace Cosmos - Green Lantern. He is about 8 years old game-age, and middle age character-wise.

I envision him to be a Male Black Lantern in "His" universe.

He is another "Earth" Green Lantern but not the same one that John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner resides.

He was my 2nd character created in this game. My first one was a Fire toon that did not last no more than 1 month before I deleted him and started over with Mace.

Mace Cosmos is similar to THIS character, Sojourner "Jo" Mullein

[IMG]

..in that he patrols a sector of Space far away from his universe's "Earth". According to her comics, Jo Mullein patrols "The Far Side" of her DC Universe but has yet to, IIRC - encounter any other Superheroes like Batman, Superman, Flash or the ilk.

I have always envisioned Mace patrolling the "New Genesis - Apokolips" sector of space - ensuring that any conflicts between these two long-term rivals doesn't spiral out of control and that The Guardians are aware of it if it does.

He frequents BOTH planets - walking the fine line between Darkseid's cunning and antics and High Father's reluctance for all-out war. This places Mace - in "His" DC Universe - at odds ALL THE TIME with THIS character

[IMG]

...in that The Dog of War (Orion) is ALWAYS looking for a fight with Darkseid. But Mace is up to the challenge with his Power Ring and Will.

My 2nd toon is Kloud Strife - a Water Healer / Dps. I picked the name because of her powers and I thought the "Final Fantasy" character I picked for her name was appropriate.

I can't recall whether or not "Cloud Strife" from FF series was evil or good - nor what his backstory was from that series. All I know is that the name sounded pretty cool for a Water Toon.

My last two toons are patterned after DC and Marvel Superheroes

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The Gamma-Powered Doctor Leonard (Doc) Samson. My in-game Doc SamsonMCU is Earth-Powered Tank / Dps.

And of course Augustus Freeman IV, Icon - my Quantum-powered Controller / Dps

[IMG]

As for the thread? My primary choice for Original Names is Mace Cosmos, of course.
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Pissin Excellence
    Reference to talledaga nights.
    Its funny because Ricky Bobby explains to the group how good he is by sayin “I wake up in the mornin and i piss excellence”.
    Devs said this was too offensive an renamed me…… now im Drippin Excellence (even tho i still wake up and piss excellence)
  9. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Kemical Plant - Botanical Nature Humanoid (The name is also a reference from a zone called "Chemical Plant" from Sonic 2 but spelled with a K inspired by Mortal Kombat)

Umbra Witch - Time Bending Quantum Witch (The name and character are a reference to Bayonetta)

I have many other characters too but these are my mains.
  10. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Rather generic but i did snap up Aqua Vita,(Water) Missilia(Munitions) and Autemla (Hardlight/Willpower). NONE are super original though.
  11. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

This is actually a short version (I'm leaving a lot out because it's a forum post):

Hangman Graves

A "half-injun" of the Old West, Weiland Graves was a gunslinger and a Pinkerton through much of his life, though he had always dabbled in the magicks of his native tribe (he had never forgotten his childhood). It wasn't until he became an outlaw that he earned the moniker of "Hangman" Graves; known for hunting down his family's killers and hanging them on display in similar fashion to how his wife and son were hung, and made outlaw for his vigilantism.

The last remaining member of the posse that killed his family, Desperation Murdock, got away, however; ambushing Graves at a brothel and killing him. Murdock, being the vengeful sort, himself, took Graves' body out into the desert and hung it from a tree so that the vultures and vermin could feast on it and it might never come down. And it didn't; instead, for months, it baked in the sun until it became a desiccated, mummified husk. Meanwhile, the soul of Graves suffered the torments of Hell for nearly a century before his body was discovered, and then he was himself put on display at museums and curios, until it eventually landed in a curiosity shop in Gotham, where it was infected with an exobyte and reanimated - much to the surprise of the shop's owner.

Having acquainted himself once more with the world, Graves has resumed his hunt for Murdock - whom somehow still lives - and renewed his interest in the ritual magicks of his people; his own magic now tainted forever, with the blessings and curses of death and the celestial darkness of Hell, itself.
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

i can always recall a user from original xbox I played many round of Crimson Skies with... PissShiver
    I also recall a character name from 2011 on dcuo.... Orgazmo in a pink suit. Besides seeing characters with names from WWF, Randy Savage, etc. I think Skeletor is still around.
    Something I've not seen in game yet?..... /wary. /ponder.... [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]