Bring back classic dcuo as separate game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MojoDuul, Jul 9, 2021.

1. MojoDuul Active Player

a friend of mine got me to download world of warcrafts vanilla server. basically blizzard released the original warcraft as a separate game for download. so players who miss the original version of the game can go and play the original warcraft. I would like to see an SOE version of dcuo released. the version of the game from 2012 before daybreak broke it. i bet more people would play that than would play the current dcuo.
    • Like x 2
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I don't think so.
    • Like x 5
  3. Eve YouTuber

:rolleyes: Somebody is not aware that Daybreak IS SOE...
    • Like x 17
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Frankly, I think it's the worst idea that has been done for the MMORPG, because it's the best way to divide a community and for DCUO, seeing how the players are separating from it, it's likely to be worse than better, we need more players, not to divide them!

On top of that, I see this as a way to say that the path taken by the developers of a game, is clearly not assumed, going backwards like this is really ridiculous!
    • Like x 8
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Equip sunstone matrix gears, remove your base mods and artifacts. Spend only like 200 SP, no Weapon Mastery branch, use basic weapon/power combo, run Prime with a melee rotation and call people "ninja looters" even if you have your own loot window. Maybe have an "Enickma" copy on custom lfg to say "all rise" every once in a while.

tada! its vanilla dcuo.
    • Like x 15
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

For once, I agree with something you had to say.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. inferno Loyal Player

Not for me.
    • Like x 3
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

No thank you. Thousands of dollars a month and a bunch of resources for 10-15 people to play daily a game with no weapon mastery, 4 tiers, almost no open world and almost no systems?
    • Like x 1
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Well...

DCUO does not have enough content and not enough players asking for the classic DCUO to return. World of Warcraft and Everquest both offer "vanilla" versions of their games; however, they have been around longer, have tons more content AND many players from both games have asked for it.

So let's see; DCUO in 2012: just recovered from the 2011 hack, no artifacts, no weapons mastery, no easy utility belt access (have to purchase Hand of Fate), no green aura (I think), a very grindy and inventory heavy crafting system, Free and Premium cash cap at 1,000 and 1,500 respectively, many powers not available (like water and rage), and DCUO on PS3 so no updated graphics and cosmetic items (no chromas, for example). I am not sure if many players would want to go back to DCUO in that form, even if the current version annoys them and especially if they do not have a PS3 anymore.

The only thing I can think of that anyone would want from the 2012 version of DCUO is a more active PVP player base, since The Last Laugh is a PVP DLC and it launched in 2012.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You want Classic DCUO, do you? So, that means BEFORE it went Free To Play, back when you had to BUY THE GAME at a FULL RETAIL PRICE, and THEN pay a subscription fee on top of that!

So, go buy an install disc on eBay or Amazon or somewhere, then install it, then pay for your subscription... and... oh, wait... you'd then get all the content and be right back to the game as it is today! :p

Yeah, basically, if you fear change that much, just go play WOW as it was 15 years ago or whatever.
    • Like x 5
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Forums: We don't want old content to be stat-clamped, nobody cares for Nostalgia runs.

Also Forums: Asks for DCUO classic.

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

Lulz, as if we're a monolith. We bicker like old married couples.
    • Like x 6
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. MojoDuul Active Player

someone is not aware of what i mean when i say an "SOE" version of the game. old players know when soe became daybreak everything went down hill.
    • Like x 1
  15. MojoDuul Active Player

you need to understand that back when it was SOE the population was at its highest and when soe became daybreak and introduced weapon mastery the population dropped massively. if you want more players then demand dcuo undue the changes they made to pvp back in 2014 it is the only way but since they never will the only thing you can hope for is a release of the OG dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  16. MojoDuul Active Player

not even close.
    • Like x 1
  17. MojoDuul Active Player

you have no idea what you are saying. everyone including players like orbit would rather have the classic dcuo than this. weapon mastery is one of the main reasons so many people left. majority of pvp players left after weapon mastery. the fact that you claim no weapon mastery would be a bad thing shows you have no idea what you are talking about. rage was released before SOE became daybreak and so were green auras. you have no idea how badly missed the old dcuo is.
    • Like x 1
  18. MojoDuul Active Player

i literally said the 2012 version or at least before soe became daybreak. that did not include no disk. WOW sucks we use to make fun of wow players back in the day in dcuo. I am starting to think the reason the game went downhill is because of the forums. the ignorance is astounding.
    • Like x 1
  19. MojoDuul Active Player

it or not forums are not just one person but many people with different opinions. I know, crazy right?
    • Like x 1
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Bro Orbit doesn't even youtube anymore, what on earth are you talking about?

Also: I vividly remember a lot of OG Pre Daybreak DCUO people talking about how "Oh Spytle did this, Spytle's ruining the game." When it was underneath the SOE banner. People even said he ruined old school PVP, are you kidding me? o_O

People only liked old school DCUO because the combat system had a lot of garbage that amounted to your character having intermittent seizures just to do damage. Other than that, the classic version of DCUO ain't different than what's here now.
    -PVE didn't have enough content to run.
    -PVP was all about ganking low level people.
    -Jump cancelling was uber prominent and broken.
    Rage was released and was uber OP/broken when it came out.

Also: The vast majority of PVPers didn't leave after Weapon Mastery, they finally left when GU 47 came out and broke PVP in it's entirety creating one shots with certain powersets.

GU 47 is also where they tried stat-clamping and miserably failed, that's what killed the PC population; not weapon mastery. I'd know, I'd seen the trade chat channel losing it's cool the day it was shown off test.(Part of the reason why some people are worried over stat-clamping coming again.)

"You have no idea how badly old school DCUO is missed"-Sheesh. You guys sound like Melee people wanting their mechanics in Smash Ultimate, in which you only want it because it was fast paced and broken; not because it was actually better.
    • Like x 4