DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Will this include the cross faction suits that were available in lockboxes as well?

*Fingers crossed intensifies*
    • Like x 2
  2. Pinky Well-Known Player

Dear Devs, great news! Thanks for your hard work.

My only comment is to go easy on the stat clamping for older content.

I understand that since going forward, older content is the only available path for source marks, which are the only currency used to purchase Artifact catalysts, this might have a negative impact on leveling Artifacts, where the limiting factor becomes source marks for catalyst purchases. End-game players then become 'forced' to run older content for source marks, in addition to end-game content.

Either way, this becomes an additional time sink for end-game players going forward with respect to leveling Artifacts, that's my 2 cents.

Edit: I re-read the update notes and realised that "Not-end-game content will always offer full Source Marks rewards." and can be re-run endlessly. This makes a lot more sense now.
    • Like x 1
  3. OracleWillTeleportYouOut New Player

Please consider adding armories and perhaps power/shield weapon unlocks to dailies/Fate. Getting rid of paywalls will be great for repopulating the game. I hope microtransactions will move towards cosmetics instead. Amazing overhaul and I fully expect it to bring the game into a new age.
  4. Canadian Justice Committed Player

The clamping thing..... not a fan. All I can see is old content that ends up virtually unplayable outside of coordinated runs. Far too little information on clamping was given. I understand wanting to fine tune before announcing things in detail but the lack of information on this point can only lead to concerns.

Content opening up is a good thing, maybe. Though past experience with this type of thing lead me to believe all content will quickly become a select number of best marks per minute instances. We'll see how things go.

The log in rewards remind me of scummy mobile "games", I hate mobile "games". Granted it's hard to judge fairly with so few details, so all I can do is make a snap judgement.

Big plus for moving one step closer to full cross faction integration.

Like the no fail breakthroughs for the Iconic Allies system.

The Save the Universe content structure, am I understanding correctly that it is temporary but recurring? If so, not a fan.

Really big YAY! on the extra shared bank space.

Sorry for being so grumpy, the lack of a Maple Leaf Emblem tends to do that to me.
    • Like x 6
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ok thanks for clarifying
  6. ACLife Active Player

Asking for league mates: Currently, there are money runs (alerts and raids) that we run to get rare drops and rare collections to sell on the broker. Will there be changes to the drops of these items in these missions?
  7. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Not in the least. Just disappointed with the lack of improvement for members. I'll never quit playing this game. I just have zero to pay to play.
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Idk where to put this.. But since Premium and Legendary members are set to have unlimited cash is there any chance yall can make it so that your shared bank has transfer and withdrawal that any toon on your account can access?

Just food for thought, it'd be quicker and more convenient than mailing.
    • Like x 3
  9. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I'm gonna wait to see this in action but I fear my legendary membership may be coming to an end. Maybe I'm wrong. But I will wait to see it in action before making a judgement call. Basically legendary gets you more login rewards and you get more slots. But no change to our existing perks. No additional replay badges or loyalty points. This all just feels weird to me. I'm gonna be paying for more login rewards and storage.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What do you mean? The new membership stuff is great. You get special currency to use at a new vendor that can be used to buy seals amongst other stuff while also keeping the current membership benefits.
    • Like x 3
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

Does this mean the original (not-up-leveled) content will not be stat-clamped? (having the original version not be stat-clamped seems to be what most players talking about it really want, and I agree)
    • Like x 2
  12. AJPro Committed Player

Not to be that guy but still think we need some god mode in tired old content back. Running tired old content at the strength level of when it was new and current, like the seasonal crap sucks big time. Running old content quickly to get impossible feats is still needed
    • Like x 5
  13. Redwingsrock New Player

I love doing older content overpowered, I have fun doing that. Stat Clamp is my main worry. Everything else seems great.
    • Like x 7
  14. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Personally, I have already made a suggestion for this. In Elder Scrolls Online the major asset is the crafting bag allowing to store infinite items, for DCUO subscribers I would see something like, an unbreakable completion seal, allowing the upgrade of the artifact to 100%, with why not, a higher bonus in xp, that would be, I think the major asset for DCUO subscribers.

When the player unsubscribes, the artifact will break on the next attempt, only after the subscription expiration date has passed.
    • Like x 2
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

First let me start by saying I love practically everything I read I’m stoked for all these changes both as they are implemented in episode 41 and what they can/will bring to the game moving forward from there.

My one “they really missed the boat” issue is not including quarks with membership benefits. Purchasing boatloads of TC’s or trading in tens of thousands of source marks should not be the only means of being able to save up for the most expensive quarks vendor items in under three years time.

Other than that, great job on everything, sincerely!
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wait. So you were ok with paying that amount when ALL you were getting were current perks. But now because you get those and other stuff you are going to cancel because it didn’t give you as much as you wanted to get? I’m a little confused
    • Like x 2
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The item drops won't change at all.
    • Like x 5
  18. AlanR80 Active Player

Stat clamping works fine on FFXIV. And if it means people have to help kill mobs, instead of rush past, leaving them to kill the lower cr player, then I’m for it
    • Like x 4
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Was the idea of solo / forced issues abandoned ( i hope so) & are you guys instead looking for new ways to gain sp?
  20. AKXC Well-Known Player

I have had a lot of suggestions like others on how to improve the game, and this seems like you have listened and are offering us more. I really like the daily login system, and the new membership perks. I would like to see some daybreak/marketplace cash in the daily rewards for members, but other than that I eagerly look forward to the changes.
    • Like x 1