Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - House of Legends Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

I think its like a companion and i do think this was needed i dont think dc was grindy to begin with compared to other mmos but im not a big fan of stat clamping too i seen it on another mmo that did this and it really performed bad.
    • Like x 2
  2. FrostMighty New Player

What about the loot lockout times, will be the same for everyone or will remain as it currently is: Non-member/owners will have a 14 day lockout from raids?
  3. Proxystar #Perception

So is the goal that we will be more powerful than we would have been when that particular content is relevant? I ask because if we're going to be clamped (something I'm personally opposed too, but you seem adamant to do) I want to still feel like I've progressed past that DLC's maximum CR when it was relevant, if that makes sense.

I don't want to feel like I'm only ever progressed to the maximum of any contents previous maximum CR that would've applied at the time.

If we're clamped too heavily then it makes progression futile, I fear people won't run the content anyway, because they just can't be bothered and it may also affect feats and the like where people go back for them later.
    • Like x 11
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm a little worried about this as well, but I won't be able to get a good feel on it until it's released. There are usually a few Elite feats here and there I have to end up going back and knocking out a few episodes later, if this eliminates that, well, I'll be irritated, to say the least.
    • Like x 5
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Despite the complaint of the omega alpha lords, im personally excited to hop into fos2 and it be challenging & give me something to play besides current content. Current content wont be clamped right? So the artifacts are still worth it & all that grind yall do is still worth doing.

Good work boys, ngl i was losing hope. Now lets do something about the way we gain sp.
    • Like x 3
  6. Panderus Senior Producer

Same for everyone now. No difference on the access of episodes for Free/Premium/Members.
    • Like x 2
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Well, this all sounds pretty great!

The only piece I have some reservation around is stat clamping in older content, specifically concerning going back to knock out older feats. A non-clamped, no-loot mode in old content would be amazing with this system for people who are still hunting for pesky tougher older feats.
    • Like x 5
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Will the max CR from this episode still be the same max CR (342) as from World of Flashpoint?
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All episodes/content will be free, so everyone will have the same lockouts on end-game content. On Duty content that is not-end-game will no longer have any lockouts at all.
    • Like x 5
  10. Panderus Senior Producer

Not at this time. It is something we have talked about internally, though not for this episode, lots of other things going on.
    • Like x 2
  11. Stardazer Committed Player

From the sound of it, different allies provide different passive buffs, damage, etc. Honestly, this sounds like a repackaged artifact system to me. So not only are we grinding for artifacts now, but also allies? Will not having a certain ally leveled/equipped make us less competitive? I wonder...
    • Like x 4
  12. MensSana Active Player

People said the same things last time they introduced stat clamped istances... 2 months later no one entered the old instances anymore because the rewards weren't interesting and everething become boring... it was a complete failure
    • Like x 4
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

this, exactly. my fears, too. I do hope not.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If it wasn't clear already, we are 1000% cognizant of how stat clamping feels like a negative and how it has to hit the sweet spot, so that when you have progressed past the content's intended CR, you still feel powerful and awesome (just not game-breaking powerful and boring).

We will be fine-tuning this as we go, and aiming for something that feels good. The whole system for clamping is a bit different now, and should also improve in the future for a few things we are not likely to get in for 41.

The challenge modes where all your gear *fully* counts is still the end-game year-worth of episodes.
    • Like x 14
  15. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Is this development update going out live before the new episode or as together in same day.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm not sure what you are referring to, if you could elaborate.

I don't want to poke 9001 again, but you will want to dip your toe in the past content for Source Marks and other rewards. And when you do, the goal is you are still playing DCUO in a fun and powerful way.
    • Like x 3
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Looking at the UI mock-ups, are we removing the tier system from DCUO?

No more Tier 4, Tier 6 or Tier 10?
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Episode and access level/daily rewards/membership will go out together.
    • Like x 1
  19. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Will we have easier access to older OP drops or styles that were based on "luck" ?
  20. Panderus Senior Producer

It is changing but the concept of grouping content into tiers together as CR increases will still exist for the relevant queues.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.