nature battle healer

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Fetti, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Fetti New Player

looking for loadouts/arts set ups for battle healing for an alt
  2. Isif Committed Player

It seems, in theory, that you would figure out the ceiling for how much you have to heal, then dump the rest into DPS-eque stats (generator, augments, SPs). Honestly I would throw in Orb, Purple, and Grim then get all damage crits to start. Orb and Purple could be good for that panic moment. Number of SPs may be a deciding factor also.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You really only want to battle heal if you have the sp. in general it’s mostly balancing your damage and heals. As far as artifacts go transformation and strategist will be your go to since you are dot based. The last one would be either page, purple, or Gemini depending if you can manage your sc or not. The loadout really spends on how you are spect (Prec vs might).
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Artifacts: Transformation Card / Strategist Card / Purple Healing Ray or Orb of Arion

Loadouts
    Normal Form: Savage Growth / Metabolism / Cross Pollination / Swarm Shield / Flourish / Gorilla Form
    Gorilla Form: Savage Growth / Metabolism / Cross Pollination / Swarm Shield / Flourish / Blossom

You want to start out with a full SC bar. With Gorilla Form you get a 12 second buff to defense, damage out and healing out. Savage Growth does both heal and damage only while in Gorilla Form, downside is you need to be in melee range.
    Rotation while in Human Form: Savage Growth > Metabolism > Cross Pollination > Flourish > Gorilla Form
    Rotation while in Gorilla Form: Savage Growth > Brawling Combo > Flourish > Savage Growth > Brawling Combo > Savage Growth > Brawling Combo > Flourish
    Essentially you're just hitting Savage Growth and Flourish every time they come off cooldown.

Stat Points
    Superpowered Focus (1)
    Critical Healing Chance (20)
    Critical Healing Magnitude (40)
    Critical Attack Chance (20)
    Critical Attack Damage (40)
    Restoration (295)
    Might and Power (+)

I only recommend this setup for:
    1. Solo play
    2. 4-man content where you feel confident that you won't be ganked.
    3. Emergency situations where more burn is needed.
    4. If the burn is slow and you want to embarrass the DPS.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually use something similar but different at the same time lol.

I use:
    Human:
    Savage growth, carnage, harvest, flourish, metabolism, wolf

Wolf:
    Cross pollination, serpent call, briar, vine lash, flourish, return to normal

Essentially I use savage growth and metabolism as my main heals while also having PoD as a safety net heal. In would I have cross pollination just to have the extra pheromone ticks. Maybe it’s not a lot but it’s an extra tick to potential trigger a stray heal that wouldn’t have been procced without it.

In hallways I don’t even bother using my poisons since most things will be dead anyways. Instead I rely on my weapon buff, brawling and strat to do all my damage ticks. In the boss fights I’ll make sure my heals are up then switch to wolf to set up poisons. I will return to normal where I’ll stay until things are either dead or I have to reapply poisons. Poison shredding is still a thing that I hate about bosses going to immunity phases lol. I also have if a heal is needed while I’m setting up poisons than I do still have cross pollination and flourish as heals until I return to human form.

I haven’t tried a might based battle heal thou so if the OP is trying to get a might based set up than would need help from someone else
    • Like x 1
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

now would be running that build actually give you more damage as a healer than say throwing static grenade consumables or qwa bombs between every heal? :p and specing correctly to be a healer
  7. Fetti New Player

would that be more damage then a battle healer in general or are you just saying that for the specific loadout that was posted?
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Battle healing doesn't exist in DCUO it's not like other MMOs where you have battle support roles. If you want to DPS you DPS etc. All "battle healing" will be is just dropping a useful heal and taking the weapon buff and then using your weapon damage, your actual powerset abilities for heal will deal completely inconsequential damage themselves
    • Like x 1
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

This statement interested me, in which games is the combat healer that more than a niche build? I've played more than a dozen MMOs (including games like Lineage(1-2), WoW, Warhammer, Conan ...) and to be honest, in no game such a thing as a combat healer has gone beyond the niche build, so I would say that DCUO in this regard is no different from other MMOs ...
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Couldn't tell you what MMO's have a combat healer. If you check again what I actually said in my reply I said "battle support roles" FFXIV, Scholar, White Mage, Bard you have tank classes like Gunbreaker, Dark Knight, Warrior.
  11. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

True. My battle healer build only does around 35k single target, although that build does max restoration and crit heals before spending the rest of m skill points on crit attack and precision. Since I'm electric and would only use this build in alerts (with league who would put up with it), I only lost Galvanize for the weapon buff, which brings my precision to roughly 55k. It's mediocre at best, but since in regular alerts no one (in my league) needs me to focus on max healing, it works great. No one dies, and I do decent damage, outperforming any pugs in damage if there is one. I would never suggest this for a current raid, but it also works great for farming older raids.

I'm not sure how that would translate over to a nature battle healer. I would still focus on healer gear, restoration first, and maybe, if current content, a mix of adaptive augments as 1 restoration 1 precision. I use Transformation Card and Strategist Card because they work for both DPS and healer role simultaneously (crit heals and HoT and crit attacks with DoT). My third artifact is usually EoG to give supercharge (for me and everyone else).

The obvious advantages I have as Electric is the strong 4-man shield, Flux, which allows me to protect allies for lengths of time that free me to use weapon attacks, as well as Biocapacitor, which gives me a healing safety net, one which can be supported with the use of the Page of Destiny artifact for a non-Electric build. Finally, because I only run this is regular alerts or older raids and no one needs me to focus on max healing, I use Circuit Breaker, which procs fairly often with EoG spam. I do also have enough skill points to switch between the DW/Flurry Shot combo and the Brawling/Martial Arts combo depending on need, but I have a luxury in skill points that not everyone has.

Again, the damage won't be significant, although, yes, I routinely beat PUGs (who doesn't?) in regular alerts with it. I'm sorry if this wasn't helpful for the OP's request for a Nature Battle Healer.
    • Like x 2
  12. XNatureGuardianX Active Player

Wow, it's obvious you're playing.
    World of warcraft all animal forms are unlimited and not all forms are unlimited open in this game.
    amateur rookie ;)
  13. Vella Well-Known Player

I'd argue maxing out Precision or Might/Power first is more important. You'll get enough Retro from gear, and base mods to be able to heal anything that is suitable for Battle Healing.

This is fun.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The main focus is healing, the damage is secondary. You may as well just be in DPS role at that point.

Less resto will result in less effective HoTs, which will lead to tapping Blossom more often. Tapping Blossom more often means you are hitting less. Now you are no longer battle healing, you're just terribly healing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Vella Well-Known Player

Going Pure Damage would have hurt the overall DPS of the group because of the 12% damage debuff per extra DPS.

Anything that doesn't need a Healer, but will debuff the group if in damage, go battle healer.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Your damage is nerfed while in healer role and now you're attempting to juggle effective damage and keep the group alive because you aren't specced correctly. If you're going to heal, then heal. If you want to DPS, then DPS. You can't have your cake and eat it too in this game.
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I don't play nature but Celestial has an ability that let's you heal your entire group while doing weapon damage. I think it's McB or BcM lol