Reporting afkers do anything or nah?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrWon, Jul 4, 2021.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

My favorite thing to do with stab afkers is to get my nth and bail before beating the boss. I run multiple toons thru it and I don't care which one finishes it since I'll have multiple attempts. So go in, grab nth, bring boss out, and leave. If I've already gotten my stabs from previous toon then what do I care if the boss dies or not
  2. Solarbound Committed Player

So, you're insisting that we report someone because they had to take their dog outside and didn't tell you?
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you know you’re gonna be afk why accept que? That’s the issue that’s being brought up
    • Like x 5
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Lazy people will do anything to justify letting strangers do everything for them.
    • Like x 3
  5. Solarbound Committed Player

Besides my point. Random things can happen in anyone's household that's out of their control. The issue brought up is tedious at best -_-
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just to clarify. No one cares if life happens and you have to go. That’s not an issue. The issue if people who know do it with the intent of getting carried while they do other stuff. Going afk in lpve cause you know you’ll get pulled in cutscenes. Going afk in stabilizers cause they can do it anyways. Going afk in seasonal cause it’s boring. People who purposely go afk cause they don’t feel like doing it are an issue.

Last week I was doing the alert with a league mate and we random qued. The other 2 people were in a league and 1 person wasn’t moving. The. All of a sudden when they started moving the other person started not moving. When both were moving they would move erratically. Obviously it was the same person on 2 systems trying to get carried for free marks. So we kicked them. I never have an issue with helping new players so players who just aren’t that good. That’s fine. But purposely trying to get carried. Nope
    • Like x 4
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

Revenge is not the word I would choose, but essentially, the answer to your question is yes. And they are nearly ALWAYS present and choosing to just stand there. Don’t forget they pressed X (or whatever it is on PC) only seconds earlier to accept the instance. If they had queued and gone genuinely AFK they wouldn’t be in the instance.

I regularly have ‘stand offs’ in the stab duo. I had an 88 minute stand off just a couple of weeks ago. If they were genuinely AFK, they would return and we would do the instance upon their return. Or, they would not return and time out after 15 minutes. I will give up an evening of play rather than either leave or do the instance for them. I hate them. They are filth. They need to learn that there are people like me who will do anything not to help them. Anybody who does the instance for them or leaves to then allow someone else in who is willing to do the instance for them is enabling unacceptable behaviour. I think it js outrageous that people queue content and just stand there expecting others to do their part for them. I appreciate others might find my stance to be an over reaction, and that’s fine, but I’m not the bad guy in this scenario.
    • Like x 2
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I hate parasites.
    • Like x 4
  9. Zamara Dedicated Player

To me the worse kind is the ones that rush into the fight area and fly up to the ceiling and stay in one of those areas where they can just be away from any danger while doing nothing for the group, sometimes you'll see them emoting or moving in there while everyone else is fighting. And don't forget the part where to be even safer they are in tank tole while they're up there.
  10. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Believe or not I actually had someone get over the top ******** for me running in and killing everything in a stabilizer run before they were able to load in. There isn't any middle ground in the world of DCUO it appears.
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

The level of intelligence lol
    Wastes an entire evening, goes out of their way to not to enjoy the game just to spite someone. All the while, the one on the other end either doesnt care or is genuinely AFK an doesnt know.
    Epic way to cut off your nose to spite your face hahaha
    Posts like this are hilarious to me. I get it, i dont like leeches either but you accomplish nothing by doing what your so proud of. As i said, they either dont care or arent there to care. All your doing is wasting your own time on something so trivial
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

But I’m not wasting an evening. I don’t sit there staring at the screen. I do something on my Mac, read a book, watch a movie etc. There is more to life than playing DCUO.

It has nothing to do with a lack of intelligence. Don’t make childish comments about others’ level of intelligence because they make choices you, by your own admission, understand, but disagree with.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Again, how you play is your option. If an 88 min run just to prove a point I guess sounds interesting (and I can't say I've never taken the 'spite' route for 20-30 min), but again, I value my time more than that most days. 88 min is enough time to run both FP raids on 2-3 toons, 4 if good groups.

As far as the X then seconds earlier, that's not always the case. The delay can be and often is 60 seconds, plus transition screen and if in an event run, like summer + another 20-30 seconds of cutscene. I'm telling you, I've knocked out in that 1 min+ time and while they might not be there longer than the 10-15 min it would take to time out if asleep or had to run to the door or whatever, if you are dancing on their head or hurling barbs at them, they are not seeing them.

But I guess I'm glad to hear someone is out there fighting the good fight....those windmills ain't going to tilt against themselves now are they?

BTW...I don't think you are the bad guy here either....just maybe some misguided aggression?
  14. myandria Item Storage

Unfortunately, such behavior is not considered toxic even though it does affect gameplay experience. Many players will simply afk and wait until you leave and then do the instance solo if it is a duo instance. And yes, some players are looking for that free ride because they know they will get loot no matter what they do/don't do. The loot table should reflect your participation throughout the game; do nothing, get nothing.

The stabilizer event is particularly annoying, as it is a clamped event AND STILL some players feel the need to afk it. I dont even bother with the stabilizer event anymore; I avoid it by purchasing stabilizers. I know the stabilizer event is free, but it is not worth the aggravation and grey hairs for me. I think that an afk timer is needed for the stabilizer event; if a team member is inactive for 2 minutes then the afk person would be kicked out of the instance and it becomes unclamped at the level of the remaining team member.
    • Like x 1
  15. Vella Well-Known Player

Anyone with the slightest trace of a brain should be able to solo it. Don't trip if someone is getting a free ride. Block, and move on.
  16. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol If you know you need to take your Dog for a walk why que for stab lol At this point Stab should be a solo honestly and seasonals and lpves should have damage check and movement check like 5 mins without movement and a quick Automatic kick. Folks can't kick in combat and akfers know this
    • Like x 2
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

AFKers tend not to bug me in Stab Events or Seasonals on my main toons. However if I'm farming or leveling up on lesser toons? Eff yes that's an annoying and no we shouldn't assume everyone runs 342 CR toons with 200 Arts and 545 SP in everything. I always think about new players and if I was just introduced to DCUO starting out on a new toon and saw the rampant AFKing yeah I might just check out on a game filled with lazy no playing players. I do wish there was a better way discourage AFKers. It also bugs me especially on Event versions of current episode Raids. I've noticed at least once if not twice a week I'll be putting my lower toons thru the Event raids and there's always some joker just queing in to get carried in an already easy time so instead of an eight man it's more like a six man and it takes longer than it should because you're burning and doing mechanics for eight with fewer. Most players in this instances won't kick so you have to make the choice and either leave, try to kick or just bite the bullet and move on. Bonus points if the AFKer ques in on a support role.

That said I myself have experienced bad lag in some instances and although I try to say I'm experiencing lag in chat it doesn't always work out. In some cases I've assumed that it the group didn't see me try to move they might think I was AFKing. Sometimes it's obvious if you are lagging or not, sometimes not so we might take that into consideration. I've also had to tend to a family emergency a few times and I usually try to say brb in chat to indicate that. But again like lagging it's sometimes not always evident or convenient too. That said if I had to AFK or was lagging and my group kicks me I wouldn't necessarily be bitter about it, I'd understand. The majority of AFKers who I've experienced that got kicked tended to be very cross and up in my Tells and that says a lot that they put more effort to hatechat than actually play the game so...
    • Like x 1
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I can generalize that way because you consciously chose to accomplish nothing in game. Not a single thing was gained. Im not speaking about what you were able to do in real life during this time of course. And that point is mute because being in game wasting game time has no bearing as you could have done that anyway.
    In game, you chose to waste 1/2 an evening accomplishing nothing. The point you were trying to make wasnt acknowledged or received lol. So yes, pure genius……
    Job well done…..
    To be on your level…..

Lol sorry, its just the thought process kills me lol
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

There are several of us in our league WhatsApp who do it. We share screenshots and name names. Then, later down the line, when one of those people asks to join one of our raid groups, we invite them, tell them to stop idling in the stab duo, and kick them. This amuses us. It also potentially makes them think again. It’s not as pointless as you assume.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Now this I'm ok with, but not after 88 min of waiting to record their name. Record after a min or 2, leave and do the same thing saving almost and hour and a half of wasted time.

When the stab run first came out and AFKrs seemed rampant, if the AFK'er was in a well known league, I'd look up the league leader in census and let them know what the person is representing for them. But again, this is more of my time....so I stopped after 10 or so times of doing that, knowing that in the end most of my effort was just wasted.