Let us send more than 5 items in the mail

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Caroline Dedicated Player

I'm doing the seasonal on 30 characters every day and having all those collections and base items drop at all times makes it kinda annoying having to send two-three mails one after another to other characters rather than just send it all at once. I know I suggested the same thing before, but I can't find the thread and can't remember what was the reason for this limit. Please, if possible change it, it would make our lives easier! :D
    • Like x 13
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

Monetize it, add more mail slots to the marketplace.
    • Like x 7
  3. Caroline Dedicated Player

Yessssss, maybe that would make them do it! :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Neuthonix Active Player

hell yes i will buy a lot of those
  5. Sickiac Active Player

same struggle
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I'm not sure what all you have in your shared bank, but you could always use that too to send items between characters.

Don't get me wrong, I do like this idea. Even with maxed out shared bank spaces, I run out of space there sometimes and want to continue on my current character, so I end up sending mail instead.

I would almost settle for one of two (but preferably both of the following).
    1. Fix the issue where you have to completely exit the mail system after sending one piece of mail with an attachment so that you can send another piece of mail with attachments.
    2. Allow you to "favorite" people so that they are at the top of the list when you are composing mail. It's annoying scrolling through a list of 1,000 league mates plus friends to get to the character you want to repeatedly send mail to, especially when that character is towards the end of the alphabet.
    • Like x 3
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

I forgot to mention that before sending any items to my main or alts, I always make sure i fill up the shared bank first. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Caroline Dedicated Player

Please, if possible, can a green name let us know what's the stance on this idea?
    • Like x 1
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

the stance is, I'm guessing, that if you want more mail slots you go to the MP & buy them. I can't see them changing that.
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Except that you CAN'T go to the MP and buy more mail slots. Mail slots are not available on the MP, so I don't believe "buy them if you want them" is the devs' stance at all (not yet, at least). People in this thread have said that they would be quite prepared to buy slots, IF they were available.
    • Like x 2
  11. Caroline Dedicated Player

This exact thing here ^. If you don't know what's up then don't comment, please.
    • Like x 2
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The mail system is basically a total mess at the moment... I'd love to be able to send more attachments instead of having to send 2, 3 or god only knows how many emails to get everything I want transferred from one alt to another. No clue if that will ever happen and as usual these days unless they can find a way to make extra cash from it I doubt it.

but that is just the start.. I'm sorry but when exactly will we be able to send cash through the mail again? Another is a growing long line of ideas to deal with gold spammers and hackers that MAY have slowed them down a bit but hasn't stopped them at all and the only people really suffering are regular players that just want to send some cash to an alt. Several suggestions have been made like adding a slot in the joint bank to let a PLAYER log on one alt and just stick money in then log on any other alt and grab it. That idea has been out there for years and still no action.. another idea I've seen is to just make all cash ACCOUNT WIDE. I have been a legend for over 8 years now and have tons of alts... I 've shelled out a pile of REAL MONEY to play this game so exactly why is it like pulling teeth to hand that in game cash from one of my alts to another?

Lastly? Delivery times. Now I have never actually put a stop watch on it but if I stick something in the shared bank and log off as soon as I log another alt on that item is there are ready to be grabbed and used by the other ALT. Now.. send that same item to that same alt vis email and then log off and log back on as the ALT. Takes at least a few minutes to show in the mail box. WHY? I am on the exact same server and the item went from one hero alt to another hero alt. So why isn't the email there? Now I'm not talking a huge ten or fifteen minutes lag time but come on.. not like that email has to hit the internet trail and zip half way across the world to another computer in a different country using a different internet set up I am sitting at the same desk on the same laptop using the same internet hook up.. Heck I didn't even log all the way out of the game I just "switched toons"

Problem is these days with a smaller DEV team and an emphasis on making extra cash I wonder if anything will ever change.:(
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I keep my shared bank pretty full of catalysts (so any toon getting them can put them in a common pile for shared use) with a row available for Nth metal I shove on bank toons for storage, or account bound stuff that cannot be mailed (promethium styles mainly). I'll also store the colored exo materals that don't suit me or that are maxed out (I'll drop vit and resto ones in so my healers or trolls can use them). Also, many of the things I mail to bank toons are going to toons I won't even bother going on till a seasonal/event are over. I'd hate to have to go on to 'storageguy1234' 3 or 4 times a day to shuffle shared bank stuff around. Mailing it is easier, having 10, or 15 slots would be a great idea...then at the end of a seasonal, I can just go do 1 inventory maintenance day on that bank toon. And yeah, I'd pay to have some additional slots so it could make DI money too.

As far as the 2 issues you mention, I have a few suggestions that might help(for what they are worth). The 'cant attach' problem only happens if you are attaching things that you have to scroll down for. Personally I keep the top of my inventory clean so junk drops fall in on top, so I rarely have to scroll down to select mailed items. Also, if you add your attachments, then scroll back up to the top before exiting the mail, it won't lock the next one up....but you have to remember to scroll up....which can be it's own struggle.

As far as people I regularly mail to, I have them send me, or I send myself, a mail to reply to. That will buy you a 'favorites' list for 60 days at least. If mailing from banks, I'll also put what they are currently holding so I don't have to do the 'Now...who has Xmas items?' 9 or 10 toon search when i'm looking to start selling in a month or so.
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If you could reply to an archived email, that would be even better. I sent myself an email from an alt, but once you archive it you can no longer reply. So that would be another potential thing they could do, allow you to reply to an archived email.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I do archive the ones where I send myself a note about what they are holding. Still not as good as if you could reply to it, but does make it easier to remember who is sitting on what.
  16. inferno Loyal Player

I would personally like to be able to edit my mail contacts. I hate going through the dozens of league members and their alts and yet I have to manually put in my own toons' in my contacts. I would also like the increased mail slots even if i have to buy it. Heck that'll give me something to buy off the MP.
    • Like x 1
  17. Caroline Dedicated Player

bump
    • Like x 1
  18. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

The mail system has been outgrown by the game.
    I would love to see better sorting of contacts and have more item space available in our in game mails.
    And I would even pay for that if it would ever become available.
    • Like x 2
  19. Caroline Dedicated Player

Yessss and if we had some enlightenment on this topic that'd be nice
    • Like x 1
  20. Caroline Dedicated Player