Devs Its Time For Aura Stacking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Solarbound Committed Player

You being gone for a week is besides the point!!! I don't care what the reasons were. It was becoming a dead topic communicating this with YOU after not receiving a response from that amount of time. I no longer cared. But, here you are.

You are only thinking about yourself because you keep dismissing the issue as if it's their issue alone and not yours. The mere fact that it's happening is the kind of red flag within the gaming industry that should raise concern. You only care about benefiting at the expense of what's done to those who are being taken advantage of in such fashion. Yet, still want to act like that's entirely fair. It sounds almost like mooching off of their money. Very selfish, indeed. And, you want to claim you're not only thinking of yourself? Yeah right.

I said absolutely nothing about the DEVS having to pay for the servers straight from their pockets. Read what I actually said again THOROUGHLY and we'll revisit what you think you're saying there on those last two paragraphs. I'm not even going to entertain that nonsense.
    • Like x 1
  2. Radstark Active Player

And you're still answering because you still care.

Are you trying to suggest that those who freely choose to spend their money on a randomized system in a game are victims? It's their choice, and if they do it they probably can afford it. Wait, I have a great idea! Let's make those styles not tradable then! That way no one can mooch off of their money! Now that's completely fair!

...Oh, now I get it, you meant that a subscription was the only income needed at the time. I'm sorry, it's the first time I have a brain fart as big as that in quite some time. Still, it's more work from the devs that they'd have every right to only put on the marketplace like the basic auras that there are for sale (like most MMOs do with cosmetic items anyway), but instead you're having a chance (a practically certain chance if you play your cards right as I already said) to have them for free. That's a plus in my book. Again, you can't expect to have those bonus cosmetic items for free.
    Now, an argument could be made about the feat points that come with those styles, but that's a whole other topic.

By the way, it looks like you didn't read even my first two paragraphs. On the second I said:
    Even if no one bought capsules and stabilizers with cash, most would still be able to get everything they want with Mega Capsules and broker/trading.
    Please tell me more about mooching off of other people's money. The only people not having a chance to get these styles are those who aren't paying for a subscription. If you have a sub, you can get those styles. Period. The end.

P.S. I recognize that what I said above is only true for PS/PC servers. If you're on XBox or Switch I can see why you're complaining: less people, less chances to find styles in Mega Capsules, less availability on the broker. But then we don't need time capsules removed, we need a merge.
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Just a few questions for everyone. How much time do you think they spend creating everything that has to go into each capsule? Because im sure there is a lot more to it than just creating the styles. Im sure it would certainly reflected in the prices they would put these things up on the MP for. Do you think these things would be any cheaper if put on the MP? What is a good price to you? Last time, a lot of people said they were prepared to pay for things on the MP, until that price was posted.

To be honest, speaking strictly TCs, I'd rather have the option to aquire these things for free through gameplay like it is now, even though it takes longer, rather than be forced to spend real money in the MP. My real issue is with the drop rates in these these things, not the way they are implemented.

Booster Bundles are a whole other argument though. Since they don't have SP attached, not sure if I would care one way or the other
    • Like x 1
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The drop rates are horrendous, but if a player spent that much on TCs and didn't get the rare drops, they should have made enough money selling the regular items to at least buy whatever they wanted outright in the broker. I'll never understand how people can spend hundreds, or even thousands like claimed here, chasing a single collection piece. It seems impossible to not finish everything in a TC even spending $100. If people are doing it wrong, or innefficiently, how is that anyone else's fault? Seriously, if anyone here wants, add me in game im on the US PS/PC servers under this name. I'll be glad to explain to anyone who wants, how it is done.

Are TCs perfect? Heck no, of course not. In a perfect world, everything would drop in game somewhere. And that would obviously be a much better option, and really should be the way it is done. But if they arent going to do that, I still think the way TCS are done now is a better option than being force to spend real money in the MP.
  5. Solarbound Committed Player

You really do have a way of twisting words, don't you? I care about the subject at hand. Not necessarily you.

After everything I've said, you're just now picking up on how I'm stating players are being victimized in this kind of business model? Of course that's what's happening. Doesn't matter whether they can supposedly afford it or not. It still triggers unhealthy habits and is still a means of scamming that takes advantage of players. And, your idea isn't exactly so great. Come on, we can do way better than that on how to rework this system.

You keep going on and on about your own personal benefit on how you yourself are able to obtain them for free. I already spoke my piece on that regarding you, where it's easy to deem you as a very selfish person within this matter. Yet, for some reason you keep thinking I'm suggesting to make everything free, which is something I never said. My suggested alternative would be to convert those styles within TC's to outright purchasable items in the MP. Something much more in favor of the players, the DEVS will still get paid, everybody wins.

I read all of that nonsense you typed the last time. I simply didn't acknowledge any of it because it regarded nothing I actually said. And, that little quote of yours is irrelevant because it's not what's happening.

Tell you more about mooching off of other peoples money? Didn't you say you weren't spending a dime towards those TC's? You've got people spending thousands on top of thousands to open those things to have the rarest items from them placed into the broker. You didn't spend the money to put them there. You're benefiting at the expense of others. What word is essentially defined in such way?

You're not recognizing anything. Because if you were, you wouldn't think only of yourself, and you would realize this issue is bigger than what's going on, on everyone's respective server. This is a gaming industry issue we are talking about. One that has trickled over into our beloved DCUO. As I said, if you're going to continue supporting having players being taken advantage of like this, you stand for nothing, and you are a part of the problem. It's so bad to the point where such an occurrence is looked into being legislated against. But, we don't want to acknowledge that, huh? A merge won't solve any of that whatsoever. Wake up, kid.
  6. Solarbound Committed Player

You already said it right there. People are spending hundreds on top of hundreds, actually some within the thousands, to get such said items within those TC's and still come out unlucky chasing after exactly what they were going for. If you read everything that I had said throughout this thread, you would've picked up on my suggestion to convert those TC styles to the MP. With people recklessly spending their money to get those items, how is that better than an outright one-time purchase straight out of the marketplace? Gee, spend hundreds and thousands for a chance to get this aura or simply purchase it for $15-$20 from the MP? There's a clear better option here. An option that this very community should be fighting for.
  7. Radstark Active Player

I never said you cared about me, that has never mattered. The points being made in an argument are the only important thing, regardless of who's saying what. I thought that was a no brainer.

My "idea" was obvious sarcasm and what you're suggesting is prohibitionism. Let's get rid of every kind of alcoholic drink then, so people can't get drunk anymore. Oh and better throw away all the knives in my kitchen then, they may be dangerous! (This was sarcasm too in case you didn't notice.) If one can spend hundreds to thousands of money in a game it means they're an adult person with a job. As an adult person they must take their own responsibilities.

Everyone could do as I (and a lot of other people) do. It's not my own benefit, it can be everyone's benefit. If I only cared for my own benefit I wouldn't be here telling you how to exploit the system for everyone who might not have thought of it yet to see it. Your "suggested alternative" is what I've already mentioned as a possible alternative twice before, and twice I've said why it's not better than what we have now. You got there kinda late.

It is relevant. And it's not impossible, it's just that not enough people yet have noticed that it can be done. And I'm wondering why you don't want to do it.

Read again that little quote of mine, it explains exactly why you're wrong: when the Mega Capsules event comes, no one is spending any money to put them there. Guess what? If everyone exploited the current system as some people already do, with no one spending money for normal time capsules or stabilizers, it could just be enough for the developers to change it into your "suggested alternative".

If it gets legislated against we'll get to your "suggested alternative". Before that, no need to do anything. Let people who have an addiction hurt themselves, it's up to them and their loved ones to seek help. And help should be sought from a psychologist, not from a game's developers. I'll be straightforward for once: are you one of those people who spend hundreds to thousands for something that can be gotten for free by waiting some months? If not, for what mystical and absurd reason are you defending them? Answer honestly.
    • Like x 1
  8. Solarbound Committed Player

9. Solarbound Committed Player

I'm not going to keep going in circles with you about what exactly I meant when I spoke on the matter of caring regarding you. If it was truly a no brainer from your perspective, you wouldn't continuously misinterpret where I was coming from there. As you're still doing it.

So, you think adults are the only ones spending money towards this game? What about those teenagers on this game with jobs of their own? Kids who are feeding into the same unhealthy means of spending. Nothing of what you're saying here justifies that by the least. Great sarcasm by the way.

Again, a point made of what is not occurring. Irrelevant.

I'm not going to read your little quote again as it derived from you misreading what I had stated initially. It proved nothing of what I said to be wrong. And, no one is spending money during Mega Capsule events? Entirely false. Stop with these ridiculous scenarios you keep trying to make up. Address things as they actually are.

"Let people who have an addiction hurt themselves." That sounds like the words from the most pretentious and crude of corporate scum. You're really a lot more selfish than I thought. On top of that, it's so ignorant to say. For that, I am done talking to you.
    • Like x 1
  10. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

Hope they think about this its pretty loved
  11. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

Any new words on this devs?