The Suicide Squad - Official Red Band Trailer

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Mar 26, 2021.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I love Idris Elba. I am super sad they cast him in this vs as John Stewart in a green lantern redo
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So much good stuff there. And after watching the trailer and the exchanges between John Cena and Idris Elba I can see why they've already greenlit a Peacemaker project.
  4. Blight KOBRA Commander

Can't wait. :D
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

the rooftop scene setting is very similar to me. Cool!
    Looking forward to both!

I didn't get/read the comics, but watched Invinsible animation.... OO
    really??? ok, where does this go????
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

7. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The big antagonist reminds me of starro in dcuo. Oh
    • Like x 1
  8. Controller Devoted Player

So is that "King Shark"? As in - "Aquaman's King Shark?"

I know of "Tiger Shark" and he looks NOTHING like King Shark.

If so - when did King Shark become BAD?

Looks to be an interesting - if not a bit violent - movie. That video of the "devouring" of the human looked a bit much - as well as splitting the human in two.

I will go see this movie - whether it's in the theater OR streamed.
    • Like x 1
  9. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Eye see you . . .

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It is that King Shark yes. Sylvester Stallone is doing the voice. He got turned into a hammerhead look that we see in the New 52 revamp but his 1st appearance was in the Superboy comics and he looked like this.
    • Like x 1
  11. DCUO Post Loyal Player

12. Controller Devoted Player

Hearing some rumors about the "Big Boss" in SS2...

Won't post any spoilers but IF this is true this is gonna be gud lol

[IMG]

On the BIG SCREEN it would be epic and COULD spawn a spinoff of sorts if WB plays it right.
  13. Controller Devoted Player

"IF" WB continues The SnyderVerse (crosses fingers) and "IF" there is a SS 3 then I'd love to see these two tangle

[IMG]

[IMG]

My money is on Amanda.
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Thats my favorite Suicide Squad story. That was so long ago.
    They just don't make them like that anymore.

but this just looks like so much fun.
    • Like x 2
  15. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 3
  16. Controller Devoted Player

Soooooo..............anyone besides myself seen this yet?

I saw it on Friday on HBO MAX.

I personally grade it around 75 (My personal Rotten Tomatoes Score) and I'd guess that the Audience Score is around mid 80s? I've personally heard many good reviews about it via word of mouth.

It is better than the first one, with several characters I liked.

I "DO" have some misgivings about it but won't discuss for a few days so I don't give away any spoilers. These "Misgivings" knocked about 10 points off my personal Rotten Tomatoes score.

Any thoughts thus far? Again try to not give away any spoilers if you can - at least for a few days.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

My misgivings are nit pickey.

I think it would have been funnier if Kind Shark trying to casually eat everyone was a running joke for a bit before he understood who his friends were. Shark was actually my least favorite member of the team. Felt like they were trying too hard to create another Groot.

I'm also curious how they lost track of harley when she was first captured. I get that the Corto maltese government had "communication interference" running but once she went off the Squads grid wouldn't she have been considered a deserter up for head blowing? Waller was able to track Flag. She was able to discern the second someone goes off mission but Harley disappears for the better part of a day and nothing? Also why wasn't the team chastised for going off mission to rescue harley in the first place. May be a little detail I missed.

The chemistry between Flag, Bloodsport and Peacemaker was so awesome I wish we could keep them together. The scene where they crawled out of the van together was hysterical. All three of them were fantastic. Idris Elbas facial expressions were priceless. It was like he was channeling wiley e. coyote.

And Harley redeemed herself after the disaster that was Birds of prey. She was just as good as she was in the first movie only this time everyone else stepped up their game to her level. I hate hearing Robbie may be giving the role up.

Fun, fun movie. Going to watch it again.

Also Sebastian deserves a spot on the Legion of Super Pets.
    • Like x 1
  18. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]
  19. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

THEY KILLED MILTON!

xD
  20. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

THEY KILLED MILTON!
    LOL
    Good stuff
    • Like x 1