Superman's 80th Emblem ALTERNATIVE !

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ElBart, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

Exactly this.
    • Like x 1
  2. Revelatiøn Active Player

maybe for you that doesn't change a 10 point because you must surely miss a lot of skill points .. but for players like us, it's important because we have the competitive spirit. 642 sp and 95/100, frankly there is something to be frustrated with. We know that the developers can't put this emblem back, but I think they could put an alternative for it .. since the time people are complaining about this emblem and this feat .. instead of saying "no" this this, try to find solutions, bring us concrete and intelligent things
  3. Proxystar #Perception

That logic works both ways Zneeak, if indeed it is so trivial your protectionism of it is as equally absurd, it's just a 10pt feat and not a hill worth dying on taking either side of the argument lol.
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

This is where our opinions differ on the subject. You call it "a sense of entitlement". I call it basic decency, respect, and consideration for your customers.

If you joined literally anything in your life. A community... A team... A party... Any kind of group function... And they already decided that before you got there that you would not have the potential as those that came before you... You should be annoyed. It doesn't matter if it's a negligible increase. Crap like this is practically the origin of racism. It's 2021.
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

This makes no sense. If i would miss a lot of skillpoints i'd actually have more beneficial gain in trying to get this feat handed to me. Being competetive and feeling entitled to something you can't have are two entirely different things, I suggest you learn the difference.

It's a frustrating thing because you can't get it, but it again doesn't actually affect your toon and gameplay performance in the slightest. It's just you barking over something you missed out on because a few other players will have one number differing from yours in their SP total. The end.

Exclusive is exclusive. The item and feat had a very widely announced end-date across all of their social medias. The end.
    • Like x 1
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

All I hear is the "Participation trophy"-treatment. It's like saying you should have the right to the salary of your CEO, but you work the mail room.
    • Like x 1
  7. Revelatiøn Active Player

the big difference is that I don't demand anything at all, they are proposals and I try to find solutions .. so I suggest you go down one floor and stop taking people high! maybe it doesn't affect my player or my gameplay, but like i told you before, you will understand how we feel when you get full skill points (probably never) ... ok it was exclusive , did I mention the word style? no, I'm looking for an alternative to get his 10 points
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

I understand exactly where you come from, that doesn't mean you are entitled to get it. Just because a player choose to carry a completionist view within a game doesn't mean they have a right to be fully catered to and granted all of the games items or achievements, just because they want to be a completionist. This IS entitlement if anything, not "being competetive".

That's what some of you don't want to understand. As proposed earlier by others, they should implement the QoL function of simply being able to hide feats in your feats-list, that way you can hide whatever feat you cannot get, for whatever reason.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I have no horse in this race, I have the feat and the emblem, I'm just amused I guess as to how vehemently opposed you are considering the insignificance of the value of the feat.

Yes it could be hidden and ignored and that is one answer, the other equally viable answer is to give an alternative route to obtaining it, neither is really unreasonable.

I appreciate you have expressed your view but these players are appealing to the devs, not to you ;)

I also understand that it was advertised on their social media platforms and there's little excuse for those playing at the time, but remember there's players that only started playing yesterday so for them that reasoning to deny them an opportunity holds less weight.

I used to be very opposed to bringing back exclusives and the likes, very much had the same attitude as you, but as time has gone on my position has mellowed and if done tastefully these things can be brought back including even in my opinion the likes of OG auras, but that's a different topic, (FYI, the terms and conditions at Daybreak even allow for them to do so, nothing is truly exclusive) :)
  10. Yaiba Committed Player

If the max sp is X.15 then is the feat really matter? :p
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

Who said they should be appealing to me? Just like YOU, I AM just as entitled to an opinion on the matter. It's a public forum afterall. As much time as you spend on PUBLIC forums, you should know. If you want topics to only appeal to Devs and have no other people's opinions involved, one can do what I've seen you post in other people's threads, they can send the Devs a PM. ;)

I've said what I've had to say on the matter, no point in further back and fourths. Happy arguing :D
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

Perhaps the biggest opportunity here for personal growth is to find a way to be at peace with not having it - and to be ok with that.
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Absolutely not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, simply highlighting that the nature of this request is an appeal to the devs, I'm not by any means advocating that this isn't a public discussion it obviously is, they're just obviously not rrequired to justify to you or convince you of the merits of their argument.

The fact I'm supportive of their view shows certainly so also, that even the vets in this game don't hold one singular view and that's fine :)

To be clear also I think both your argument and there's hold some merit, i just feel there's has slightly more merit.
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

Exactly. It's hard to take these threads seriously, or the arguments as reasonable, when it stems from a completionist-point over 10 featpoints. I'd be more compelled to agree if there were actually an unfair advantage involved, of which it isn't.

It's simply people making mountains out of molehill all because somebody else have a different number than them in their current SP total. It's a dangereous thing to cater to entitlement, which is probably why the Devs haven't caved in on this matter after the first 300 threads on the subject, lol.
    • Like x 2
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yep, when I go to the store and find that they had a 1 week sale on beer last week, I always demand that they give me the price reduction this week anyway. Even if it was only a sale on a particular brand, and I'm buying a different one. My sense of entitlement insists that I kick up a ruckus about it. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  16. Solarbound Committed Player

"How come I can only get 650 skill points, but those guys can get 651? It's not fair. WAAAAHHHH!!!":(
    • Like x 2
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This is the perfect opportunity to test the selling of sp model. No emblem attached but $100 gets you this feat. Only way to get it. See how many do it and if it's purchased enough, then base selling other hard to obtain feats accordingly. Like 10pt ones for 350rps or something. That way, all the "let us buy feats" crowd is happy and all the "don't let us buy feats" crowd knows most players won't spend that type of cash. And if they do, that's a lot of income for the game that will help keep it around another decade. Win win. (I wouldn't buy it btw)
    • Like x 1
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Unfortunately the ability to unlock the style on other characters on your account may also be restricted per the licensing from DC Comics. Would I like to replay it? Yes. Am I going to sit here and throw a tantrum because I can’t? No. If it ever becomes part of style unlocking will I replay it over? Depends on the cost… because I suspect this one will run into the 500+ RB range if they are allowed to do it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Akaiko Well-Known Player

20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

If there is an infinite amount of banana trees in the forest then why are people so interested in this specific tree? Your argument is circular at best.