Issue with Dimensional Chroma 1

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KlarkKent, Jun 20, 2021.

1. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

As we know Sixth Dimension Superman is the inspiration for this style set and the Dimensional Chroma Pack.

[IMG]

So I noticed, with the new Dimensional Chroma theres no way of matching right channels for this style set. Glowing parts are meant for middle of chest section, the lines on boots and edges of the cape.

Since white(non glowing) part is always meant to cover wide region of the costume parts, that is only possible with Dimensional Chroma 1. But when applying that chroma to these costume parts it results this:

[IMG]

Dimensional Chroma 1 applied to: Chest, Legs, Cape and Boots
    Dimensional Chroma 2 applied to: Head and Hands
    Dimensional Chroma 3 applied to: Belt

To fix this Glowing part and Black part of Dimensional Chroma 1 should be swapped. New channels will look like this:

[IMG]

Let me know if I you see any error on this post and share your thoughts. And if you think thats a legit "issue", upvote this post.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They're probably not likely to go back and change it, plus it may have been a mandate from DC to set up the channels that way so it couldn't be a direct copy. DC has loosened up on restrictions over the years, but they still get nitpicky when it comes to the Big Three of DC.
    • Like x 3
  3. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

True. But still, I would like to hear if the designer of these styles has any word on it.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's the same with the Fallen God gear set, you can get a very close but not exact replica of the iconic suit.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I've noticed this with a fair few Chromas - even if the style is almost exact chromas that are supposed to help emulate don't channel correctly and i assumed the same thing - they are forcing at least a bit of originality on our part
    • Like x 1
  6. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Odds are it was done on purpose sadly.

Sometimes they purposefully set up the colors so that we cannot create a specific look.

An example of that would be the Shazam style.
    The way to color channels are set you cannot have proper Shazam colors.

Or the Batman Beyond headpiece where there is clearly an area separate around the mouth...
    but somehow we cannot put the area around the mouth skin color to get a nice long eared Batman cowl.

I'm sure there are other examples.... but these are the 2 obvious ones of the top of my head. ;)
    • Like x 1