Dev Discussion Seeking Thoughts on Fortify System

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Sammiford, Mar 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Collapsible categories similar to the Assembly Menu in R&D would be great for the people that need to maintain a long backlog of Adaptive Augments, due to not having full Elite Renown / All Elite Feats (I'm looking at YOU, Shattered Gotham Elite...) - or who just simply like to help their League mates out in earlier content.

There were particular group benefits in the (IIRC) Deluge and JLD episodes from some Adaptives.
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

If I'd have known this thread was here, I'd have posted this here instead.

"If you recall, not too many years ago the R&D system was simplified because it had become unmanageable. Back then, crafting new mods for every episode meant farming RNG drop exobits, then having the correct RNG plan drops to craft them, using RNG drop / buy from the Marketplace Recovery Kits (usually at a nett loss) AND a mod removal kit to re-scale for new content. It only got worse when we needed additional pieces (Materials, correct episode other bits and pieces) to craft a nett gain that was overshadowed by the increase in stats from the new gear anyway. Many people only crafted the mods for the slots that would give them increased crit % and increased crit magnitiude.

To simplify it, Origin Augments were introduced.

Now we seem to be right back where we were with the Adaptive Augments, and the OP pieces for each episode.

I am aware that people that are good at observing problems are usually not very good at solving them - generally because they want solutions to make things easier for them - but I am not averse to grinding, and I do appreciate that this makes old content more playable.

But we do seem to be in the same mess we had with R&D back in the day.

I have a few suggestions, so have at them as you will.

1. In the same way that Artifact Catalysts were stripped down to 3, strip Episode catalysts down to 6 universal catalysts. That seems to be the current golden number for 3 levels of advancement for Adaptive Augments.

2. Why would you not be able to use your easily-obtained Catalysts from lower content? No reason. If you farmed them, you have them. If you have run OOCR content and got a drop, good for you. Which makes lower CR content attractively farmable, with all the benefits of fuller queues and feat hunting that goes with that.

3. Same with OP piece Catalysts. Move them all onto another 6-piece system.

4. You could still keep the flavour of each episode by giving equivalent catalysts different names, but being identical for your purposes, or allowing a trade-in on an X-1 basis for the new Catalysts.

I'm not pretending I have all the answers, but it's currently a mess, and needs addressing IMO?"
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed on the episode cats(although why not 3 universal ones?), but not on the OP pieces. The episode augments were supposed to be upgradable via a normal grind, so yeah, changing it to use other 'generic' cats that could be gotten in almost any out of relevancy content works as that's the 'normal' grind. The OP catalysts were from running specific content + some good luck, or or broker work. That is still true and the 3 'final' catalysts normally obtained by the vendor in the episode are one and done use, so they don't really add to the bloat from so many different catalysts. Maybe tweak the drop rates on the ultra rare drops needed (like the zodiac crystal collections for Atlantis) but still make the running of that specific content necessary.
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ideally, cost reduction (specifically, aggregate XP) would be my biggest criticism of the system as it stands.

It's the largest gate-keeping tool preventing meaningful contribution to top-level content by single character players, and it's probably the biggest killer of alt character development in the game.

I like to experiment, I like to build, I like to test things, and a lot of those things are kind of to waaaay off the Meta radar. Empowerment of diversification leads to less required monofocus, and improves the likelihood that a player will spend more time in the game. More time = more likelihood of cash. So either drop the overall XP cost, drop the raw physical price, or (simply enough) put the 75K Rock on Constantine, 75 Marks a pop. Call it a day.

Secondly, and five hundred people have said this before now, either remove the "10% success rate" stuff or start making Seals of Completion an item you can buy off Constantine. 50 Marks a pop. People can still buy them if they want, but at least there's an alternative.

I don't mind spending some cash, and I've spent quite a bit, but the real truth is this: the hot second I can go spend a night out at the bar again, I'm not gonna be dropping a benjamin every two weeks to feed this game. Bring the costs down to a manageable level and it stays on the radar. Keep price gouging, and that'll factor into whether or not I continue investing.

Food for thought.
  5. Cyber Aesir New Player

Talking with friends in game I have pulled together the following idea that I think would be a simple addition and change in order to simplify space when it comes to exobytes a nth metal.

Adding in the R&D system the ability to combine nth metal in a similar way how exobytes can be upgraded with exos. For example, having five of the 10xp nth metal and being able to turn it into one 50xp nth metal. Having five of the 20xp nth metal and being able to turn it into one 100xp nth metal. Rinse and repeat, until you are able to build one 3000xp nth metal.

I don't think these should take exos to convert same as exobytes. Never understood why exos were needed, but it would be awesome if that were updated as well.

What are your thoughts?
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Why not just give us 2 universal ones ? If ppl want to mix 2 they still can - small idea but will stop a cluttered list and UI screen
  7. Logan420 New Player

I was thinking about this today why doing all daily I think you should make a hole new room in watchtower and hall of doom where all dlc are located at so we don't have to fly the hole way around the map. You can make a giant circle with all dlc next to each other counting from 1 to 40, it would same time and it would make alot of people happy. Me and my league "High output" was talking about this you can put it where the old broker use to be and it would be cool to see a new room to watchtower and hall of doom.
  8. SuperCorp Level 30

Requesting a SEARCH bar in all the Collections Menu's. So if I am tring to see if on a certain character if I have collected the Drowned Pirate Gear OR Whatever Emblem I can type in Drowned and it will take me to the Drowned Pirate and the Enhanced Drowned Pirate collections. Just makes it easier for those of us that are older and our eyes start to hurt reading the wall of text that is the collections.

Would also be nice to have a search bar in each of the armors. So I want to wear the Magic's Champion set. I type it in at the top and click each piece that pops up to wear. etc etc etc.

Aka more user friendly when we are changing outfits or collecting pieces.

Could be nice to use the same thing for all collections. Like investigations and the like.

Or say a person wants the poison Ivy belt and they know the name of the gear. They type it in and it shows up on whatever collection and they know where they have to go to get that now.

thank you for your time.
  9. sebfm Well-Known Player

Hello,

First of all, thx for asking our opinion.

IMHO, The fortify system is rather good. It would just need seals of preservation (not completion ones, just preservation ones) to be buyable for 30 to 50 Source Marks from Constantine to be perfectly equilibrated.

Have a nice day,

Regards,
  10. SuperCorp Level 30

Request... Please give Rage power users to Option to TURN OFF the glow on their hand and or change the color of the power.

Actually would be nice to have color options and ways to turn it off on ALL POWERS as well as changing the colors if people wished. I mean we can change the color of our weapons why not add powers.

If you would like an example of this Check out Champions online. they have this in their game. Even tho that game sucks and DCUO is way better. They at least got one thing right. Also while your there check out the travel power options.

Thank you for your time and again I love this game hope they can implement the above.
  11. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

It'd be nice and helpful if, when it comes to items you buy for marks, we could get part of them back when selling them. For example, 20 marks for an item that we bought for 60.
    [IMG]
  12. SuperCorp Level 30

Can we PLEASE get a Feats Tracker? (Like they do in WOW for Achievements)
  13. Miucelot New Player

Hi, i don't know if i'm posting this in the right place but i would like to know if there's some way that you can implement a system that allows players to lock/unlock characters that you previously had when being a suscriber, i have 32 characters and i locked the ones i wasn't playing too much, however sometimes i think with a new style "this is great for that character, sadly it's locked", right now i'm not suscribed but, to be honest, i don't know if i want to do it just to play with them and lock new ones when that's over.
    I think It would be nice if you could switch 1 or 2 characters per month just to play with new Powers or a different combination of Powers and movement you created before.
    Thanks and please let me know where i can put this if this isn't the right place
  14. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Nitpicky thing you may have fixed.

Oracle Bot's passive gear repair was constantly stealing focus as I tried to fortify until I removed her as a passive ally. Made it impossible to fortify artifacts, kept jumping back to top of artifact list.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.