Dev Discussion Phase UI

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The new Phase UI has been enabled on the USPS/PC server (and will be enabled everywhere soon). Please use this thread to report any issues or feedback you have when using the UI on live.

To find the Phase UI, open your map and select Switch Phase. The screen that appears lists the phases open for the zone you are in and allows you to switch between them.
    • Like x 6
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Did we kaibosh on-the-fly PVE - > PVP Phase Switching?
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Also I'm trying really hard to break it and it seems to be working so far (USPS, on a PS4, currently).
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, you must still visit the pvp/pve phase switcher in your HQ to swap from one to the other. This is intended, but perhaps something to review in the future.
    • Like x 5
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I'm a bit confused as to why the feature exists, if one from PvP phase can't use this feature to switch to PvE phase on the go, the feature only works for players who are in PvE phase since there is more than one server, just my observation.
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'd be a fan - not that (most) PVP phases are a hopping place, but if you're trying to solo something nothing keeps other people out of your hair like the threat of bodily dismemberment at the hands of the opposite faction, and being able to switch to the PVP side in the map would save me a trip back to the Watchtower.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Has the phase option been disabled already??

I saw it earlier today.... but now no more? :(

I am on USPS4 on the Flashpoint map.
    • Like x 1
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I see no button on the map or any other indicator of any sort regarding phases on the map page.

[IMG]
    US PC hero side pve.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The button sometimes not being there is due to us having to keep manually turning it on today. This should only be a today thing.
    • Like x 6
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I love Switch Phase, great QOL improvement. So far working perfectly for me.
    • Like x 2
  11. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I see, yeah I used it fine on like 8 toons and it was gone on the next toon I logged into.. o_O

Anyhow, besides that little hitch, it works great! It really allows us to complete the weeklies much faster, thanks for all the work you guys put into it! :D
  12. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Actually I think there may be an error. All the phases say that they go to 40. But a moment after being at 29 they go to FULL. So is 30 the max in the phase or 40?
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's finally there as of half an hour or so ago.
  14. myandria Item Storage

I have just used it a couple of times and so far I like it. The best thing about the phase ui is that you can see the list of active phases and how full they are. I have noticed that the max amount of players per phase is 40, which is five 8-man teams per phase.

Observation: In the Legion/Patchwork Themiscyra content, you can be taken out of your original phase when you use the boss area portals. However, you still receive credit towards success/fail rewards and mission completions if you cannot get back to your original phase. I hope that is intentional.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

From what I gather the 30 is the soft cap. In order to get to 40 you’d need to join someone in that phase to get placed there. Thou maybe 40 is a little low? Not really sure since maybe the game would lag ti much with more players
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The number of people allowed in each phase will be different for every zone.

That sounds like the soft cap vs. hard cap. I thought we had gone in a slightly different direction, so I'll follow up.
    • Like x 2
  17. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Man that works well! Got through all my alts in record time.
    • Like x 2
  18. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Thank you.
  19. jolaksi Well-Known Player

I think now people can understand why its kept back this "long". Nothing problematic so far. Its working as intended.

Since phase UI shows you the available phases of your current zone, this is making bounty farm feats or things like that so much easier.
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The main purpose is to make it easier to find populated phases to get stuff like open world bounties done. Before this if we were in a relatively empty phase where nobody was doing the Doomsday bounty for example then we had to either a) try to phase to people on our friends list and hope one of them was in a populated phase or b) message in LFG to get an invite to a populated phase. Now we can just look at a list of phases, see how many people are in them and phase to whichever one we want, assuming the one we choose has not reached the soft or hard cap.

As for PVP phases, it is possible for there to be multiple PVP phases active at once, it's just much less likely since most people play in the PVE phases.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.