80 Years of Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CéIia, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Rejchadar Inquisitor

starting from minute 1.41 "Holiday Lasso Belt Accessory" .... though you will have to wait half a year .... and of course it looks specific ....

2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I did a quick check on the DCUO wiki and there is something of a bracer hand style from the Dystopian Amazon set, but it also has elements to it that make it look like there's a glove or some materials underneath the bracer.
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Yeah the Sinestro bracers are similar. They look like bands but seem to have a glove attached, which is odd as I don't recall him ever wearing gloves in the comics.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That might have been something from DC so that players couldn't exactly duplicate his look. A lot of the early game styles had something to them that could get a player close to the iconic look but not be a 1:1 copy. They've loosened up a bit since.
    • Like x 2
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

Just back from a one week ban for “derailing”.

I don’t believe we get enough new content and I believe we get too many new cosmetics. I’d like to see more content at the expense of cosmetics and will continue to make my point where appropriate. This game has some substantial issues and even I don’t think the devs want the forums to be an echo chamber where we agree with everything they do.

I am sure I am not the only one who is here for the gameplay, and isn’t bothered about new hairstyles, handkerchiefs and handbags.
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

No, I meant new content for the anniversary, rather than new cosmetics.

I was not attempting to evaluate the balance of existing Wonder Woman content. I don’t really care about things like that, I just don’t like 3 DLCs a year.
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sorry that happened to you.

No dispute there...

We're all entitled to feel how we feel. I completely disagree with that statement though (not exactly a surprise there). I also don't believe that it's necessary to sacrifice cosmetics in order to get more content. I know we've all read things recently that might lead you to believe that, but I don't buy into that. I do however think that it might be wise for them to lean more into a certain someone that seems to have his finger on the pulse when it comes to content difficulty and construction of content. Then again i'm not the boss here and this is just my opinion.

And believe you are most certainly correct in that assertion (the gameplay part)*. That doesn't mean it has to be an either/or proposition. I'm a firm believer that despite their misstep 10 years ago, it's not too late to correct course and lean heavily into cosmetics, as rewards in-game as well as in the neglected Marketplace. They're making good strides in that direction, now they just need to bring up the gameplay side...without cutting their other leg.

*Gameplay is paramount...we are not disagreeing on that. But here's the thing...being that this is an ongoing live game and not a single player or group campaign type of game, rewards become crucial to keep people engaged. Some play for that sense of achievement, and that's cool. Some play for more tangible rewards, ie; cosmetics. And others (like myself) play for both. There is no right or wrong way to play or enjoy this game. There is however something wrong when we actively try to take away something from one group of players in order to get what they want and deserve. I will fully support the fight for more and better content...but I won't do so at the expense of cosmetics. That would be just as crazy as saying "nah, forget raids, let's get more hairstyles". In the past when those types of silly statements were made I opposed that...because that makes no sense, and is wholly unnecessary. I hope people can understand what i'm saying here (even if they disagree).
    • Like x 1
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Side Note: Saw this image the other day...

[IMG]
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ahhhhh.....well, excuse me for a moment...removing foot from mouth. Alright, the original post I quoted you and Charon on was to point out that he already stated not to expect playable content for this Anniversary. At this point it's too late for that anyway. And just to make things clear, while I won't be upset for any cosmetics we get for this anniversary, I wouldn't have been mad to have a small piece of content to play either. So I get your disappointment.