Membership Perk - Doubled Content Runs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Crimson Crossfyre, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

In a way yes but does it mean we need to get more marks even? If we progress too fast we lose interest in the game. We have everything and nothing to do. Also it will end with items costing even more so is it worth it?
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That ship sailed like 9 years ago. And has already been an ongoing, self-inflicted issue here...so, not seeing how this proposed "new perk" creates a new problem.

This is the ONLY potential downfall of what's being proposed. That and the possibility of the removal of the bonus marks week (something's gotta give somewhere).
    • Like x 1
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Well lets assume in the idea that its actually a perk of being a member and wont (and shouldnt) effect the cost of items otherwise its a net loss not a net gain.
    If they raise cost then they didnt actually make membership better or more worth it.
    If they dont raise cost (and they shouldnt) then theres only a net gain to members and the progression remains the same for non-members
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I'm already running 7 characters at end game and I like my pace as it is now (There are people running with more alts than that, don't tag me) so I don't like how either OP's suggestion means I'll have to double my time running what I do now. Thumbs down from me.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah this is what I was about to say, it'll increase the level of daily content, meaning players are stuck playing less characters overall and would actually be less friendly towards players who like to run more alts as people will be stuck running more dailies on each character for longer periods.

I also would far prefer burst bonus weeks than more dailies/weeklies over a longer period, I think the bonus weeks are a great addition to this game.

In fact the most recent spotlight on Doomsday content was particularly great, the devs added a few new rewards and it was common to see lots of people out there again every day, the motivation to run certainly would also have helped newer players experience that content and even obtain feats with the help of even more experienced players.

That type of spotlight should be repeated across all sorts of contents, new rewards were a great idea.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

They will raise the cost though. Something needs to give for them to change it. I just don't want the grind to get worse because of it.
  7. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

If any malus or negative feature is implemented to “offset” a membership perk, then it is not a perk. For anything to be considered a benefit, it has to improve on the status quo, not be balanced.

This suggestion is meant to add something that is not ridiculous or a cost burden for Daybreak. Changing timers to allow members more frequent access to content just allows members to do more of the same.
  8. Eve YouTuber

If they don't change anything and really add this as benefit, I'm alright with it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Disagree that cost must follow a perk change otherwise its no better for membership and thus not really a change.
    Will they raise cost to offset? Maybe
    Should they? Of course not otherwise its no benefit increase
    Are people dumb enough to think its an increase even tho the cost followed? Prob so lol