Membership Perk - Doubled Content Runs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Crimson Crossfyre, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Inspired by the suggestion that members receive more Stabilizer Fragments from the event, a flash of inspiration came to mind on a Membership Perk that would give great value to having a subscription without breaking the bank for DBG. Any perk must be considered in terms of what negative effect it could have on Marketplace Sales since Daybreak is a business and has bills to pay.

This is a simple perk that would have a marginal impact on the sale of Replays would be to change things so that Members could run any Event/Daily Mission/Challenge/Duo/Alert/Raid twice in a given time period and still receive the rewards.

From a business standpoint, a perk like this accomplishes a great deal with only a minimal impact on Replay Sales. Players would still make purchases of Replays for a variety of reasons, since even running things twice is not enough for some. There is also the fact that this perk would require the Member to actively take advantage of it by logging into the game to play it rather than having a perk that simply piles up every month.

More players logged in running content means that the community remains more active so new players see a healthy, vibrant game population.
  2. Eve YouTuber

This is kind of what bonus weeks are for. This takes away from this giving it as membership benefit. Also makes it abit pay to win.
    • Like x 3
  3. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Hmm... Pay for membership to win. Nope thx. And btw more grind wont make me log in more or grind(aka be active) more... I rather again take a vacation from dcuo. Game already feels like a job... and don't forget about toxic players that like to stand afk or even worse... :mad:
  4. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Bonus Weeks offer double rewards to all players for very specific content and it is not just members.

The game already has aspects of "Pay to Win" in the marketplace but I am not sure how allowing Members to run a Daily twice is going to make it harder for non-member to advance their characters.

The whole point of a membership or subscription is to get something that one wants. If the membership perks get a "meh" reaction from the non-members, then they aren't really perks.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

And this is the point, with Artifacts and Capsules being pay to win, adding more pay to win hard makes it harder to catch up if you're not spending money beyond premium or membership.

I don't think getting 1 more mark will make a difference for members anyway, I think we're fine with bonus weeks as everyone het rewarded. In stabilizers bonus week we get even more as members, so not so bad as we have it now.
    • Like x 1
  6. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

I am just trying to spitball some ideas for Membership Perks so that when the suits get done deciding, we don't get stuck with something that is lame.
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

No problem :) I saw alot of great ideas in the membership official thread so I have no doubt we will get something good
  8. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

On further reflection, I have a better suggestion along those lines that works well with the existing system but does provide a nice perk. Instead of doubling things, simply cut all reset times for Members by roughly half. Dailies would be reset every 12 hours, Weeklies would reset on two different day during the week. (3/4 split) This means members would get a benefit to use but would be required to play to benefit. It would not require any accounting nightmares like added Marketplace Currency or additional replays.

It does not make Membership into a pay-to-win scenario because any player can purchase replays to engage in content over and over. This perk would encourage members to log in more frequently if they wished to take advantage of the perk.
  9. Sam Hatch New Player

Double runs for legendary members?
    Lol you didn't think this through.
    You really think this will work or did you forget about the chances of the Dev raising vendor prices to accommodate this "membership perk"
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

sadly, what Sam said. if they upped the currency we were getting, you can be absolutely 100% certain that they would up the prices of stuff, accordingly.

also, the player base whines enough about not having enough to do. with your idea in place, they'll have rinsed the content clean in half the time it takes them now. so, more whining incoming.

trust me, mate. I've been playing this game a long time. & both things is totally what would happen.
  11. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

In reality, I feel as though this may become the case in a way. These bonus weeks will become a membership exclusive
    • Like x 1
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Zoe i think we finally disagree on something.
    Your implying that members getting something somehow hinders non members but it doesnt.
    Whats being priposed is a nice little benefit to members and not too over the top.
    For non-members nothing changes. It doesnt slow progression for them. It only gives those paying for this (so the non-members dont have to) something above and beyond an would be well deserved for floating the game so non-members have a game to play.

This is not too extreme a request either i dont think.
    Its not pay to win, paying players were likely paying extra anyway so fir the most part, the change really only does 1 thing and thats make paying for the membership a little more worth it. It wont hold anyone back as you imply

Also i dont get the “pay to win” moniker really. What specifically have i paid to win and when will the prize get to me because i have not won anything i can think of. Free players can do virtually everything members can. We can play the broker tho an thats close to it because 500 replays per month gets ya pretty much nothing. Artifacts dont need to be higher then you can get them for free (its nice if u can or do get em higher but its not needed, its wanted).
    No one is paying to win anything and even if they are, they arent winning anything.
    • Like x 1
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Grind? Pssh I don't have time for that. I haven't even completed Doomsday gear (probably because I been trying to level up the OP back piece) and that's just the normal version. The amount of hours in a day to do instances and get marks is way more than five hours for me. Furthermore by playing too much I basically get tired of DCUO in it's entirety and move on to another game. The only reason why I'm even investing my time now is for the Six Dimension Time Capsules.
  14. Shalayah Committed Player

I agree with this. The idea isn’t over the top nor is it hindering anybody. $15 needs to net me more than what we get. The subscription doesn’t even feel like a big upgrade as it used to.
  15. Eve YouTuber

Well I just think that because we are members we get more marks we are paying to be ahead of others. Premiums also feels left out (Not everyone can afford a sub) so this will definitely make it worse for them. Also, raising the amount of marks will raise the cost of the items as well. So this is something that needs to be thought of carefully.

But again this is just my thoughts. I'm totally all for making Membership worth it, I just don't think this will be worth it.

Also haya, don't recall us talking before :eek:
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I was just thinking...

What game would a person pick up, if they didn't want to grind or spend money?

I am asking because people always treat this game as if it will take them forever to progress, even if they spent a couple of hours a day.

I really don't see how doing this will help, being most sharks are well past needing extras.

Maybe for newer players, but I actually see this hurting a lot more than helping.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I generally don't support these sorts of benefits because they're always reflected in the cost of gear and rewards because of the increased mark yield.

The devs never give us something like this without a catch and even if they did it's already bad enough that people spam content, finish it quickly then complain about how boring and easy it is, this would just compile it.

I get the sentiment behind the request, I just don't think it's a good idea.
    • Like x 1
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

New gear system to account for stats revamp to make gear matter/stats. This new gear system will be one whole gear for pve and pvp grind either or for experience more experience in pvp when beating players 8 to 12 and up higher then you. Pve no loot locks but content will be much harder because we will have a game wide cr reset. No more membership instead they will understand they make enough money off booster bundles time capsules and artifacts and the new gear system. They will also make more money I coming out with more progression systems in the future. There will absolutely be no need for a membership whatsoever at this point in fact there is no need for one right now
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Doubling the replayability would probably result in higher mark prices on gear/goodies OR the same people who complain about 'nothing to do' would probably have even LESS to do sooner as they could replay everything vs just doubling up on the raids as they do already.

How about just more replays, enough to run a few more duos/alerts per month or maybe +1 raid. Not earth shattering or replay breaking but would make it easier to replay some content each month we decide to play.

It's not as breaking as the 30 stabilizers or '100% breakthrough on everything' some are asking for, but yeah, it would upset the natural progression AND put a dent in replays a bit.

Not the worst idea. Maybe just the ability to run the solo/duo 2x vs everything? Minimal marks changes, minimal replay loss.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Isn't that the case already since the introduction of replays??? My friends had full renown in the first two weeks, therefore ahead of me and others. Didn't see it affecting much (other than them realizing that really wasn't necessary). Also, Premiums are supposed to feel left out...so that they'd want to sub up. If they can't sub up, they can still progress. They don't have to pay in order to win (not that they could anyway).