Celebrate Pride in DCUO

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Munitions doesn't celebrate the armed forces it celebrates bad 80's action movies.
    • Like x 2
  2. Controller Devoted Player

That's your opinion. You're entitled to it.

I mean - aren't we known for "Placing Warheads on Foreheads"? Or at least that's what "I" was told when I served.....................

What would you suggest Daybreak add to "Placate" us Veterans and those who serve / served?

American Flags?

A discount on Veterans Day?
  3. darth_paul Dedicated Player

No thanks, not everyone "clebrates pride month," I certainly don't and just deleted everything as soon as I got it. I'd rather not have the hassle of having to do that another 16 times. It's great for those of you that want this, but not everyone does. It's also nice that it was a free gift and all, but it probably should've been a marketplace item instead that people could get if they wanted so as to not cause so much controversy.

And, while I'm not a veteran, I fully support veterans and the military, as I have a lot of family who are veterans and are either serving or have served, and again while I haven't, I have worked with the military as a civilian contractor for the US Air Force. So, I agree with the folks here saying that it would be nice to have flags of various countries, especially an American flag on the 4th or Veteran's Day or something.

Heck, you know what, June 14th is Flag Day in the US. The flag of my country is what I take "pride" in. Just sayin'.
    • Like x 2
  4. Bulgarian Force New Player

Now you discriminate us - the bulgarians as the oldest nation (After Christ)!!! :) :) :)
    And ty but, keep your "pride" for you! :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Happy Pride!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I believe all of our gifts arrive at level 10.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

So not the oldest nation and not discriminated against. Got it!
    • Like x 5
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Happy Bulgarian Pride! This is from a Pride march in Sofia after Bulgaria legalized marriage equality in 2019 :)

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These kinds of tears are always the most delicious.
    • Like x 12
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Adding every flag for every country in the world is an interesting suggestion, but perhaps not interesting for most and definitely not relevant to the struggle Pride represents.

The jury is also still out on if we support all or any countries.
    • Like x 9
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

My final word on this and explanation:

There are a lot of groups and causes out there in the world, and maybe we'll get around to doing something for all of them. Supporting one is not discriminating against another. The "but what about me" comments from people are laughably gross, especially when coming from someone who doesn't live under threat and bigotry every day.

I do want to say, we didn't randomly pick Pride. We chose to support Pride (in what is ultimately an extremely small way) because it is important to us and part of who we are as a studio. We support tolerance and inclusion here, and we support our friends and loved ones who are routinely victimized, ignored, or dismissed. This is personal for most of us, and was a grass roots initiative within the team.
    • Like x 28
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.