Celebrate Pride in DCUO

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

I always wanted to have the Bulgarian flag in my base but it seems it will never happen...
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Correct.

Happy Pride!
    • Like x 3
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Adding one flag that represents people all over the planet is a bit easier than adding 200+ flags.
    • Like x 9
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Hiya, I have a solution to your problem: open up the game and receive the indelible notification. Accept the free gifts. Go into your inventory and delete any of said gifts that you do not want. Reboot the game and voila! No more notification.

Don't worry, being LGBTQIA+ is not infectious, so having the items in your inventory for five seconds will not change your sexuality/gender/sex etc. in real life.
    • Like x 9
  5. Imaginos Dedicated Player

1. Do you have to be a specific level to unlock these items?
    2. Do you have to be a paying member to unlock these items, or are free/premium accounts able to get them too?
    I found a free account I made quite some time ago in some documents I was cleaning up and logged them in just to see what's what. Character so old they lost their name and have a token to rename. When I log that account in none of the gifts show up. The highest character on that account is only like L5 or so.
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

shout chat in Metro this morning. . .

" I don't want gay people shoved down my throat! "

without even the least bit of irony.

any chance we can get a rolling about on the floor, crying with laughter " I'm dyin' here! " emote?
    • Like x 6
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Send the base items to RunfromDanger Man if you don’t want them. What’s the cost?
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

Welcome to the WT?
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

No, they didn't. You'll have to go on suffering. Nobody is obliged to help you celebrate your nationalism.
    • Like x 3
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Nobody is interested in tolerating your intolerance. Being gay or transgender or queer in any way does not involve cooties.

If you can't bear to play in a game with non-heterosexual or non-cisgendered people, consider finding another game that caters to hateful bigots. In this game, you'll just have to bear with the fact that the game supports basic human rights and stands against bigotry.

Kiss kiss.
    • Like x 10
  11. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Nobody is obligated to help celebrate pride either. The devs just made the choice to and that's great. But I would love to have a Puerto Rican and American flag cape myself. I love being in America and I love my Boriqua heritage and would gladly rep those flags.
    You don't have to be hostile about it the poster just said they don't want the rewards and could they please remove the notifications. Something that has been asked for many times before and will be asked for many times after this for other things. I didn't read any bigotry or hatefulness or even insulting or condemning attitude off it. Just personal preference.
    • Like x 3
  12. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

They can gradually upload them in the game just like they do with the posters! Nobody said they must be added at once! ;)
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if i had a dollar for every guy who receives it after insisting they don't want to receive it I'd have enough money saved up to fund my own dlc.
    • Like x 1
  14. Controller Devoted Player

From Justice League of America #26 (2006) - the epic crossover between Icon's Shadow Cabinet and Superman's Justice League:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Whatever side of the coin we all sit on - I hope we can agree that some of the comments I've seen in regards to Daybreak's decision are saddening.

Dwayne McDuffie / Milestone (DC) Comics went a LONG way towards introducing not ONLY original Black Superheroes but ALSO those in the LGBTQ community - see Donner and Blitzen. Milestone gave them backstories, unique powers and integrated them seamlessly into the DC Universe.

It teaches ME - at least - that EVERYONE can be a hero.
    • Like x 7
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I really wish they would of done something for veterans of for the 4th of July instead.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

People sure are going out of their way to 1.) Make the Devs regret doing this and 2.) Ruin it for those of us who are celebrating pride.

Those saying “Now that you did this for pride you should do this for..” your true colors are showing.
    • Like x 4
  17. Controller Devoted Player

If it's Veterans I'd suggest doing something for us on Veteran's Day in November.

I'd be ok with that.
    • Like x 2
  18. Heywiar Committed Player

How insecure they must be.
    • Like x 2
  19. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

There's nothing wrong with other groups wanting some representation in the game . The thing is when you do stuff like this for one group and then want to attack people who want the same representation it doesn't help anyone . You aren't special and if you want everyone treated equally then everyone should be supported and celebrated not just gay people.
    • Like x 4
  20. Controller Devoted Player

But they (Daybreak) HAVE.....

That "representation" may not come as vividly as Daybreak's bold choice recently but there IS a "LOT" of "Representation" in the game already...

Munitions - a tribute to those of us who served - are serving - have yet to serve. A "POWER" that I think celebrates The Armed Forces.

Numerous styles....Paramilitary....chromas....the sharp "Blue/Gray and Green / Brown" Camos......

Black Superheroes AND Villains? Vixen, Nubia, Black Manta, Cyborg, John Stewart, Static, Lightning Lad, Black Lightning....

Fire (Brazilian)

[IMG]

[IMG]

There is even a decent representation of the "BlackHawks" in the game...

[IMG]

....with the "Age of Justice" DLC.

Should Daybreak do something with "Black History Month"? Personally I'd be MORE interested in adding a few more Black Superheroes to the game rather than something like that but that's just ME...

Add Icon and Rocket to the game somehow.

[IMG]

But again I think there is already PLENTY of representation in the game already...

Could there be MORE? Certainly.

But it has to be done the right way.

I personally have no issues with Daybreak's choice, here. I served 20+ years in the Navy with LGBTQ so I have no issues with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.