I like this change......

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Jun 9, 2021.

1. inferno Loyal Player

I wonder if they kept this in the game and any player that teleports to the cross faction base would instantly be in PVP mode. Would be cool to have invading groups into each other's base? Or would it create a hassle if you're using the broker or mail?
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

They’re gonna fix this in a patch and ill be sad. This probably the most life the hod has seen in years
    • Like x 1
  3. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I enjoyed chilling in the HOD again and watching all the fights. I started the game on the Vill side (still have some low level toons over there) but switched years ago, and all my remaining friends are on the Hero side now. I always thought the game should've been more cross-faction cooperative from Day 1. The entire idea of the game (trailer video) was Villains and Heroes teaming up against a greater threat (Brainiac)
    • Like x 1
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

At the very least bring this back every year for the Mixy event then blame it on Mixy. ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. HelloKittyPowa Active Player

I hope Anti can be considered a fraction after all this.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Never said its not fun, never said i dont like it.
    The proposition by the OP is that we “need” heroes an villians in LFG chat. We do not, we have them together in shout and the chat no longer functions for anything constructive. Between the non-stop gold spamming and smack talk, theres no room for anything constructive like building a group. Its that simple, its not even really debateable. I havent said anything false or untrue. Watch the chat an tell me what you see lol. We dont need (as the OP suggests) for this to happen to LFG chat too.
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Theres no problem. The OP wants LFG to turn into shout, you see how shout is…… we dont “need” that.
    What i wouod say we need is to be able to invite cross faction to group. Till that happens, we need LFG to be as functional as possible. What we dont need is to not even be able to group up and turn lfg into the trainwreck gold spamming, smack talk fest that shout is.
  8. Shalayah Committed Player

What are you talking about? The only people who even use Shout to build groups are those that don’t even know that LFG exists. And not much constructive talk has ever really came out of shout chat when the heroes and villains were separated. I get that some oppositions have hurt your feelings in shout chat but that has absolutely nothing to do with LFG.

If you want me to be real. The villain side is more chill than the heroes side but even then nobody acts up in heroes LFG so why would that change just because Villains are allowed to create LFG groups with heroes?
  9. Elpower Active Player

please take advantage of this bug to develop new ideas and bring some freshness to the game.
    HEROES and VILLAINS UNITED !!!
    • Like x 2
  10. Vnoobis New Player

Well they are fixing this already.. it takes them ages to fix things that are really annoying but 1 day to fix the only glitch that brought something good into the game. Pretty sure I could even insult them without them noticing since they don’t even read this kind of thread. They probably only open threads about styles and nothing related to content/gameplay. At least we tried, I’ll keep going on hero side to make groups and switch back to villain to get re invited, start my raid with my SC bar empty etc
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I made a suggestion like this years ago...never gained any traction. The end result would be the same where we can invade each other's HQ's but a bit more structured vs just being 'open' at all times. Plus some sort of 'win' that could be registered. Granted more programming would need to go into this idea vs what we are getting from the 'glitch' but I still think it sounds fun and would be a nice distraction if only done on occasion (once a day or so).

For the record, if they kept it as is would be fine, but the 'do you want to phase with' issue, where any group you join pulls you out of what you are doing (and normally out of the map) is a PITA. Not sure we'll have a way to keep the HQ entry ability and clean up the rest.
    • Like x 1
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

No clue what your on about.
    OP suggestion (as i said) was to get heroes an villans in same LFG.
    We currently can't even invite cross faction to group.
    We also have a model of what a chat with heroes an villans together looks like and its a trainwreck.
    Im suggesti g its a terrible idea that accomplishes nothing and makes thi gs worse than they currently are because LFG currently functions and we dont need to turn it into the trainwreck shout now is.
    Has nothing to do with feelings……. I will never figure out where some of you drawl your inferences from.
    Don't project your issues onto me
  13. Cap0037 Active Player

This was a great shake up and much needed.

All the biggest losers only hang around the Watchtower/HOD.

Go outside you F'N no life nerds.

Virtually speaking I mean.

You still fail hard at the game if all you do is stand around either one of those though..
    Can't change reality.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shalayah Committed Player

How exactly is hero/villain LFG chat a bad thing? Because they trash talk in shout chat which has crazy enough been toxic long before
    there was a cross faction shout chat?

Like I said before. Shout chat has nothing to do with LFG chat. Shout chat has always been toxic because the PVP folks sit in it all day trash talking whereas LFG is full of people looking to get content done. Adding villains to a cross faction LFG chat while also allowing both sides to group up has no negative effect on anything. Which is the point I’m making.

You seem so against the idea because of shout chat which makes me think somebody hurt your feelings in shout chat.
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I have already said how its bad a few times but apparently need to restate……
    Its bad because
    1) we have them together in shout already, no one uses it for anything productive (cool, to each his own) we dont need a 2nd chat when we already have one that could be used if people were sensible or mature enough to use it productivly.
    2) since we have them together in chat, we also have a live model/example of what it looks like and its a trainwreck.
    Why would anyone wanna risk the only chat that a tually functions correctly? Everything to lose an almost nothing to gain
    3) finally (and IMO most important and most obvious) we CANT invite each other so nothing is accomplished by this.
    Theres a huge risk of the chat being derailed as evidenced by shout (weather its been that way or not doesnt change its worse now). Why risk it?

Im simply suggesting that they 1st give us the ability to add each other to a darn group. (They shoulda done this long ago prob).
    Until we r able to add each other theres nothing to gain. Why oush for a change that has almost all downside an no upside?

Im pushing for a change that has almost all upside (LET US INVITE EACH OTHER)
    Till that happens its all risk no reward.
  16. Shalayah Committed Player

And the point you’re making still makes no sense. Shout has almost never been productive even when WE WERE SEPARATED. Nothing was ever derailed. It stayed the exact same. The only difference in shout chat is that players have a V or an H next to their name. What is so hard to understand? Making LFG crossfaction and allowing crossfaction groups+LFG as evidenced by shout chat will have no crazy effect on LFG chat except the number of people in the chat looking for groups or looking to fill their groups up. More people using LFG isn’t a bad thing at all.

Like I said earlier. The Villain side is more chill than the hero side and yet hero LFG functions as it should. Adding chill villains to the equation does not make an already fine situation worse. They just wanna play the game like everybody who uses LFG does.

Last but not least. Why would we have s Crossfaction LFG with no ability to invite players to groups? I’m suggesting that they implement both features.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Apparently neither of us gets the others point.
    Let me try an make it simpler an use a nee approach.

Cite an example then of how this is of benefit or what prob is solved by this idea?
    I cited why its not a benefit. And why it solves no problems. And a few ways now that it can/will create problems. And will do So again for you.
    Its NOT beneficial because we CANT add each other so its dev time an resources flushed with nothing to show for it.

The alternative (that actually adds a benefit and solves an issue) is, how bout they let us add each other to a group so we can Q up for things 1st.
    Whats so wrong with that?
    Suggestion was to merge LFG chats. This takes dev time an resources. This also adds no benefit.
    My alternative suggestion also takes dev time an resources and adds prob the biggest benefit the game has had in years

Tell me the great benefit (that warrants the time an resources of devs that will assuredly take away from content we may have gotten if they werent working on this) to merging LFG chats when we cant add each other to group to Q up……what is gained?
  18. Shalayah Committed Player

Look at my edit.
  19. Shalayah Committed Player

Ahhhh I misread had to go back to the beginning. You said no to lfg chats but fine with inviting people. I’m slow my bad.

Anyways going back to my main point. On the hero side. Shout chat is the smack talk forum on DC it never changed on that side when the merge happened. That’s where all the smack talk happens it happened before shout merged and it never changed. LFG chat isn’t where that happens. People are just looking for groups, looking for phases to join and stuff like that. There’s no offhand conversations or anything of that sorts going down in Hero LFG. Adding villains to the mix while also looking to let both sides invite to groups/content has no negative effect on anybody that’s my point.

Also how in the world are we supposed to just invite each other to group/content with no merged LFG? Allowing that change while not letting LFG merge doesn’t make any sense to me lmao.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I believe (and i'm no coder) it wouldn't be all that complicated really. As it sits now, there are 2 LFG channels, ones that Heroes see, ones that Villains see. Both appear in the chat setup as "looking for group" and behind the scenes there is a function to decide if you are hero or villain...then it shows that single thread. So just make it so that either side can select the other's LFG (heck you can even drop the H/V and let us color code the content), but more importantly for those who find it disruptive DE-select it (I'd say retro this in for Shout too). Have 2 entries in the 'chat' setup list for "LFG-Hero" and "LFG-Villain", let us decide what we see or don't.

And there would actually be a Xfaction LFG benefit even without grouping...it's to back fill lost members. People DC, rage quit or just flake all the time. While this is more of a benefit to the Villains (as the hero LFG pool is larger) either side could back fill spots. Also in creating a group, if I'm on a villain toon who needs the run, I could sent a tell that I'm going hero and will queue up, then can switch once in. People already do this on private channels all the time, this would just make it more accessible.

I agree it would be most beneficial AFTER cross faction grouping is a thing, but to say there is 'no' benefit is just wrong.

Add the option to turn it on or off in your chat and I don't see how there is an objection.