Tides of War Summer Event

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

SUMMER EVENT: TIDES OF WAR!

The battle for the throne of Atlantis continues! Ocean Master, Aquaman's conniving half-brother, has rallied a force of mutineer Atlanteans in an attempt to displace King Arthur and take the throne! The Atlantean civil war has breached the waters of Metropolis.

Track Tides of War in your Mission Journal and check the Events tab in the On Duty menu to battle for the Atlantean Outpost. Or alternatively you can now use the Warp Menu to head directly to the Open World Content by selecting Summer Seasonal: Ocean Master. Fight for your side, and reap new rewards including new feats!
    New Feats!
    • Backyard Master
    • True King of the Grill
    • The Pineapple Express
    In celebration of our Summer Event this year, we have added new collections, new base items, hot new backyard grilling styles, and a refreshing new chroma to help you cool off when the fight heats up! Level Requirement: 10

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

PLEASE NOTE: The summer event begins June 9 and ends July 7, 2021. (Extended from June 23.)
    • Like x 5
  2. Zamara Dedicated Player

So i just did the open world mission and all ships are the same color
  3. Eve YouTuber

OMG The pictures are lit Mepps, well done
  4. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Can we stop making events only two weeks long? This is insane. No one is asking to not only shorten these events, but retain only 10 marks a day. The event vendors are stuffed to the brim with so many things but you are shortening the amount of time we are allowed to grind for them. Please for the love of DCUO Gods, stop shortening the life of these events.
    • Like x 4
  5. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Wow, this seasonal 2021summer event is only for two weeks.
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Is this date correct? we get only 10 units of currency per day, in the end we will have only 140, to get all the feats we need 229, which makes it impossible to collect such an amount in any way ...
  7. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Ironic, considering it's pride week!
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Why are seasonals being shortened? It's not like there is anything else to do at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This.

I don't know anyone who actually wants seasonals to be two weeks. And unlike Spring Seasonal its not as if we are being compensated marks wise.
    • Like x 3
  10. Caroline Dedicated Player

I love that BBQ base item, lol! Thanks!
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

UPDATE: Despite the shiny text on all the images, the summer event has been extended to four weeks and will now end July 7, 2021.
    • Like x 12
  12. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Thank you.
  13. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Thank you very much :) Now about the fact that the "Chef" costume pieces are untradeable...was that planned? Can we at least make them account bound so we can trade them between toons?

Greetings
  14. Whazues Well-Known Player

it got extended to july 7th
  15. Whazues Well-Known Player

they might do that probably withing 2 weeks if they get enough players complaining
  16. Eve YouTuber

According to Charon, it is intended.

17. Eve YouTuber

No, It's Intended. I quoted Charon's message above.
  18. tukuan Devoted Player

Mepps can you confirm if it's the back Trident for the feat or is it the weapon style? I suspect it's the back but better to be sure.
  19. Eve YouTuber

It's the back for the feat
    • Like x 1
  20. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

New collections? Ive yet to see any new collection. Was that a typo