Livestream Preview: Sixth Dimension Kryptonian Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Ghostmaker14 New Player

I understand licensing and all that, but why make an incomplete costume like that what's the point of it when there are other things that could have been made.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ghostmaker14 New Player

It's true though why give us an incomplete costume when they could have just done something else that's a big slap in the face
  3. Vicious Well-Known Player

Except that every unobtainable feat in the game is hidden from the feat menu. So no, they wouldn't be bending over backwards to hide that feat, they'd just be making it consistent with every other feat that literally cannot be unlocked anymore, like Back from the Hack and the old SM title feats.
    • Like x 2
  4. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Another TC I can easily skip .... not a single thing in it that says to me MUST HAVE .. and guess what I'm tired of chasing feats from TC's so even that isn't enough to make me want to get any of this stuff.
  5. Inconforme+ Active Player

What do u expect, is a pay to win game, obviously broker is part of that, and now the feats as well, why do u think the maximum amount of cash for "premium" is just 3-Trash-K$ ¡WHAT A JOKE!, feats now are part of the pay and no part of the efforts of the players, so pay for it or still being a noob with an artifact less than 160, then CAN'T be an acceptable player.
    ¿No te parece algo realmente triste y lamentable en lo que se ha convertido el juego hoy en dia?
    • Like x 1
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

Read what I wrote again. I have no issue with hiding the feat. I have issue with the idea that we need to hide instances of incomplete lists because some people have OCD.
  7. Kaladin Well-Known Player

This is why I'm glad I was around when the Superman Emblem and the BVS Emblems were released for a short time.
    • Like x 2
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

If you've seen my posts, you know that I'm 1) incredibly critical of the Dev team (when deserved) and 2) been pushing for more layers of character customization like new powers, movement modes, refreshes to existing powers, new iconic powers and so on. So, I don't need to be convinced of their importance to the game and its players.

That said, the CEO himself has confirmed new powersets are on the way [at some point in the future] and his assurance does override Mepps (no offence to Mepps but it is what it is). Obviously things can change and that may not work out and so on. Or that it might just take too long for that to happen too. But let's fairly represent these facts at least. They do have unannounced features coming this summer/fall but who knows what that will be. It may be exactly what we've been asking for or it might be something as underwhelming as utility belts were years ago. Remains to be seen.

As for your point about reinvestment into the product. This is a licenced product. What that means is that DB pays a licensing fee to WB to use the license. It's a flat fee you can think of as rent. There isn't some fat cat at WB pocketing all the profits from TCs as you imagine. The fee is paid, and the same (unless there's some unique bonus structure in there), regardless of how much or how little revenue the game generates. Execs at DB on the other hand may be getting bigger bonuses though and so on. I don't really pay attention to the financials of the company. And this game is generating enough revenue to support their development of other projects also so, I don't think it's unfair to ask if enough of that is being invested into this project. BUT none of this has anything to do with what the OP whined about or what you're commenting on.

Coming back to the point; the most profitable element of this game is its TCs and then probably replays and subs. The revenue from those allows them to develop other parts of the game. Without those things generating revenue, nothing else could be done. If not enough new features and so on get added to the game for you, I wouldn't blame you for reevaluating how much time you invest here and consider other games. I think that's fair. But this isn't the place to have that conversation and this topic has no relationship to any of that.
    • Like x 1
  9. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

What is incomplete about the costume?
  10. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Pretty obvious
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

no superman emblem!!! I wants it! I needs it! give it to me! now!!!

yeah. that. . .
    • Like x 1
  12. Ghostmaker14 New Player

The fact they left out the most important piece the emblem, I would have preferred something different to that man I've been supporting this game since release I was unfortunate to be away from home during the time the old emblems came out, and I get licensing is a pain that's why I never complained about it but why make a tc dedicated to superman using a costume of his without its emblem thats incomplete and sloppy mess. This is the single biggest and most blatant cash grab they've ever done and I'm done defending this man it ain't right to get us hyped up like that.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Do you know? you do not need to buy a TC or play a broker ... you just need to have friends who will share with you the things they do not need, and you with them, you do not need ... (a couple of days ago I sent an old friend who recently returned to the game, a couple of unnecessary to my materials, just like that) you know what else? if you play with good friends, then you will not be afraid of low levels of artifacts, friends will not throw you out of the group because of this ... but whoever makes friends in MMO games these days ... this is heresy ...
    • Like x 3
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

if you got hyped up, that's on you, man. at no point did they ever say you were getting the emblem. you were never going to get the emblem. never. for three years now, Mepps had made it perfectly clear over & over & over again that there's nothing they can do about it. & still you're not listening ( not just you, obviously, I'm not picking on just you, by "you" I mean all of you ). it's. not. happening.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

^ this.

Now, if I've got 200 Arts, 400+ SP and you're rocking a bunch of 80's and 150? That means you're supporting, I'mma be the DPS, or I'm supporting, you can be the DPS - depends on what we got and what we need - but I don't kick anyone from the group for low arts or low SP.

I don't cry about carrying anyone who is at least willing to help push the cart, cuz I ain't beating a Raid solo (well, not Elite or at relevancy - I got a clip of me soloing Doomsday Hard from 50% ;) ) and neither are you (again, caveats) - I'll leave in a heartbeat if you can't listen to mechanics or refuse to even try though.
    • Like x 3
  16. Ghostmaker14 New Player

It's about the costume you would think oh were gonna name it after a superman costume you would think we'd get that superman costume would you not, yes you would, and it's not just about the emblem, you would think the chest piece would be the same.
    • Like x 1
  17. Secret Son of Krypton Level 30

After watching the livestream I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed, seems like the Devs get more excited than the players.
    • Like x 1
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

" The fact they left out the most important piece the emblem, I would have preferred something different to that man I've been supporting this game since release I was unfortunate to be away from home during the time the old emblems came out, and I get licensing is a pain that's why I never complained about it but why make a tc dedicated to superman using a costume of his without its emblem thats incomplete and sloppy mess. This is the single biggest and most blatant cash grab they've ever done and I'm done defending this man it ain't right to get us hyped up like that."

dunno, man. sounds like it's about the emblem, to me. . .
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Without the emblem..... of course. ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. Ghostmaker14 New Player

Yes apart of the chest piece is the emblem what I meant was i wouldn't have cared if it was a separate emblem or a chest piece like the house of El war suit.
    • Like x 2