Did we get a new style dev yet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EvilDeeds, Jun 7, 2021.

1. EvilDeeds Active Player

Whos gonna make our requested styles now that mag is gone? mepps how about you big man or are you to chicken to get your hands dirty
  2. Eve YouTuber

There is no info about any Dev replacing Meg* and it will probably stay untouched for awhile. Can keep suggesting in the "What styles you want to see next" thread.

Also with this kind of attitude I doubt any Dev will want to. What does Mepps has to do with this? It's not his job.
    • Like x 5
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I thought it was Oceans tbh.

And agreed, the attitude from the OP is unnecessary.
    • Like x 2
  4. EvilDeeds Active Player

Hey chill with that I'm obviously joking mepps is pretty cool you don't gota get all emotional for nothing just want to see the new dev i thought dcuo was karen free guess i was wrong
    • Like x 7
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'm keeping my eyes on auras, costumes, and accessory threads - always have but doing more so now. Whomever replaces the irreplaceable Megzilla may or may not be as invested. We're also in the process of obtaining an Art Director who will hopefully be as involved as Meg was but who knows. Until then, I am always talking with the Art team due to planning episode gear, time capsule gear, seasonal gear, and as a mini artist myself (I make auras, materials, FX like orbitals, etc. so I'm a junior wannabe artist) and am pretty good conveying what people want. Meg also kept a nice page on our internal confluence detailing out a lot of the requests you have asked for over time. Meg and I planned out a lot of items this year before she left - nothing is lost, just in the ether as things we want to do when we can do it and when it makes sense to do it.

In the short term we have some items that have been requested coming out in time capsules, bonus chase item weekend rewards, etc. and I have found a way to get those items that were lost on the MP to finally get a spot in game (like I did with the alien and animal heads for Legion) in a future update - sans fishnets because the bug with that hasn't been fixed yet.
    • Like x 25
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

But some of us have characters that want to do the Time Warp again!
    • Like x 2
  7. EvilDeeds Active Player

Sounds great looking forward to them thank you so much we appreciate it
    • Like x 1
  8. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Hey I thought it would be appropriate to put this here especially sense y’all was already talking bout styles and rewards well when I was running flashtastic voyage fighting gorilla grodd made me realize his cape would be. Really cool addition to the game you think one day we could possibly see it in the game it would definitely be neat and a treat to have thanks :)
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Good news, any update on the cat ears and bunny ears that get asked for quite a lot and any chance of releasing those duel wield scarecrow cleavers that are actually already in the game and were on test for a while at one stage ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

A lot of us appreciate that you have been invested since Megzilla “The Painter of Worlds” left. Not sure about others but I don’t need someone to be completely invested. All I need to feel like someone is paying attention is to see replies on the forums when the answer to a request is “No, because…” or “that is already being discussed but…”. You know, the occasional reply

so far, you have done a wonderful job in her place.
    • Like x 3
  11. Eve YouTuber

You are awesome, thank you for everything that you do for the community. I hope if not fixed at least new type of fishnets will be added at some point
    • Like x 3
  12. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Just chiming in to thank you for the update - the communication is very valuable to players, and even if you can't give us any concrete information, at least knowing you are watching and reading makes a difference. So thank you.
    • Like x 3
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I noticed that posting. Are you guys still remote onboarding now that the world is reopening more or less? ... asking for a friend...
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Not to mention a monkey skin and/or monkey mask. Please. :)
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why not make an official post?

If Mepps would make an official announcement thread about the job offer, im sure a handful of players are capable and motivated enough to fill that position. As a side effect, you get yourself another dev that actually plays the game. :)
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The job posting has been up on their site since around Dec or Jan. Anyone looking for work and qualified would be looking on their official site rather than the forums.
    • Like x 2
  17. The Multiverse New Player

[IMG]
    I was hoping maybe for the 4th of July we could all get a red white and blue chroma?
    Please make it happen!
    • Like x 1
  18. Last Dragon Well-Known Player

Can we get more unusual demonic/animal themed styles like Aegis of Azararth for a change, instead of copy-pasted tights that don't attract literally anyone's interest anymore?

Also... can we FINALLY get the Killer Croc's head? It was requested (and promised by another dev) like for years already...
    Also Validus's feet may be?
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

I've tried for bunny ears twice in the last 6 months (Christmas and Spring, Christmas because Lobo who took down the Easter Bunny too). I've made it known that if not by next Spring then I want some Easter Bunny stuff being the theme next time around. :p

Cleavers may see the light of day again when a certain Scarecrow Goon gets added to Flashpoint Gotham and has a rare drop rate for the weapon style.

Let's see what else:

Remote hire/onboarding is still a thing but probably best bet is people who can live in Austin for hybrid work. None of us are back in the office yet but the world is changing.

Red, white, and blue chroma - too late for this summer most likely but will get it added to the list. Seems easily enough created.

More demonic/animal stuff - sure, but don't speak for literally everybody. I literally see requests for slimlines and the like very often. Also, I got the Doomsday style in just for that reason of branching out into more types of styles. There should also be a more... monstrous head style in the future this year if things go as planned. Killer Croc would be a brand new asset - maybe when he gets refreshed that can be revisited.

More animal skins, heads, etc. is a known request. I've asked for us to revisit Shark heads next Summer so it got added to the planning pages - we'll see how it pans out. There IS some shark stuff coming up soon though. (I guess Snow Owl didn't post that is this thread but seen him post it in a few others. :p)
    • Like x 8
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Excellent! :D

Any cat ears as well?