DEVS: I love DCUO so Auto Place Seals!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SteHyatt, Jun 6, 2021.

1. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

How this is still not built into the augment system is beyond me. It should of been there from day 1.

Yes it is my fault for not manually putting a seal in there. On my PC lifetime member account I have just lost:
    15 Thermal Coolants
    4 Star Labs Particle Detectors
    1 Hypertime Regulator
    I can't even get them from my PS account as you have locked trading of certain in game items even though we play on same server. Which in itself is daft, these are virtual items.

All that grinding meant absolutely nothing. What a waste of time and effort :mad::mad::mad:. Not even going to bother getting the flashpoint augments to 17 and above. I am done with those and any future augments until changes are made.

You want another idea to make memberships actually worth it again? Remove seal requirements for members (augments and artifacts).
    • Like x 3
  2. Lara Committed Player

Lol they should be pretty cheap in broker just buy them they not even worth more than 10m
  3. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

I understand some of the items are cheap on the broker but I shouldn't have to. The system auto places these items so should do so with the seals and have a manual removal option for those who want to gamble.
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

There is more than one kind of Seal. Which do you want to use? Are you sure? Now it's "Stupid auto-place used up my Seal of Completion for Rank 60!!!!!"?
    • Like x 5
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Biggest issue with auto place is it wont work unoess you layout clear criteria.
    We have 3 dif seals, how is the system to know which one u want to use or should be used?
    A step further, if it auto places rather then you putting it in, there will he massive cries of “it used the wrong one”. Far more people would cry about this than are crying about forgetting an not using one
    • Like x 2
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Every single time I forget to put a seal in I never get mad at the system. I just get annoyed at myself. I’d rather lose a few components tha accidentally use a seal of completion on a rank 20 breakthrough that would’ve already gone through lol. Now that’s something I’d be mad about
    • Like x 4
  7. Controller Devoted Player

Speaking of seals...had THREE of them fail today, back-back-back, on an 80% completion attempt.

[IMG]

I get that they've changed the completion rates somewhat for the players...I appreciate that.

But THREE TIMES in a row with an 80% completion? Am I just being fussy for no reason here?
    • Like x 1
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

I's be seriously pissed off. But it's how it is. You just hit the unlucky 20% three times.

Is it likely? No. Did you hit that unlikely streak? Yes.
    • Like x 2
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I’m sorry but I don’t understand why you are mad at the Devs about this. I mean yeah one of my augments is still in its first stage because I keep failing at this thing that involves random chance, but that’s why they call it gambling. I’m not using my seals because I’m waiting until the final breakthrough to use a seal of completion. I’ve messed up and forgotten to use seals when trying to level up artifacts or augments, but I don’t get mad at the Devs about having to re-farm the necessary supplies because playing the game to level up is how it works. It’s frustrating sometimes, but if everything were easy and didn’t require occasional grinding then things would be boring.
    I also don’t understand why you’re not leveling up your own stuff in retaliation. Is that a punishment to the Devs? If so, please explain how.
    Finally, removing seal requirements? Do you mean a 100% breakthrough chance regardless of level or it applying the seal automatically? Because either way that’s a terrible idea. Please try to calm down and not worry so much about completing everything right at the beginning.
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

I failed 4 times on a 60% chance. Is it likely? No. Did it happen? Yes. The chance of me missing is exactly 40%, Every time.
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

I don’t want auto placement of seals. Did you think the system was broken at any point before your unfortunate mistake? Just wondering.
    • Like x 2
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since the Navigation Diamond got added, we know that the devs are able to add settings if it makes sense.

So in this case, there could be an auto-place seal of preservation option.

People commenting "there are three seals wich one to prioritise?" is quite easy to answer.
    This option would be in place to prevent mishaps while breaking through an item, making the Seal of Completion and Unstable seal of completion no option of course.
    So now there are only untradeable and account bound seals of preservation left. Obviously the account bound seal of preservation is more valuable since you purchased it at some point. This leads to untradeable seals of preservation get prioritised and followed up by account bound seals of preservation.

In conclusion, implementing an option to auto-socket seals of preservation - wich is turned on by default - is a very possible and good thing to add in the future.
    • Like x 1
  13. Imaginos Dedicated Player

10 mil is a lot of money to some paying players.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nope...no auto place please...or maybe make it an option("Auto insert Seals on breakthroughs - On/Off"). Why? Well because up till level 80 on artis I won't even use a seal...I'd rather rebuy the few catalysts for the 1 fail I'll likely get (yes...I can be proven wrong by bad RNGsus...but mostly it's 1 at most till 80) vs having to spend real life money to replace seals. Secondly, who's going to decide if you want to use a SOC or SOP if you have them both? If it's always SOP when available, what about when it places one in that 180 you will NEVER get with SOP?...wasted another one then. If it defaults to SOC, I'm sure going to be mad when it auto applies a $5 seal to my level 40 arti...won't you?

I can honestly say I don't believe I've ever forgotten one of the seals (SOP or SOC) when leveling. I've NOT placed them there on purpose and taken my chances, but that's a choice.

Just monitor what you are doing and do it right the first time. If you are tired, don't level stuff...if distracted...same thing. It sucks that it happened, sorry about that, but in the end it was not some game breaking glitch that needs a 'fix', it was an oversight on your part.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cordelia Well-Known Player

*snark on*

I have a better idea. Let's get rid of the failure rate entirely! It's painful, annoying and ruins the experience. It's hard enough to grind all the seals, adding the failure rate just adds injury to insult.

I swear every time I have a failure of a breakthrough, I quit the game for a minimum of a week. Eventually it'll make me quit for good.

*snark off*

An option to auto-insert whatever seal you have would be nice, but it should be a setting, not automatically on for everyone.
  16. Berza Committed Player

Maybe something as simple as a box telling you that you have not a seal placed or saying that you have X type of seal, like the reminder of the role when buying gear.
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

It stinks, for sure...but not the end of the world. Just pay more attention next time. You can’t “code out” operator error from the game.
    • Like x 1
  18. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Guys am over it. Had a sleep since and it's just a game, I won't make that mistake again for sure.. well hopefully I won't :eek: . I would like to see a double message popup appear though asking if you are absolutely sure when the field is empty or a forced option selector of leave empty, seal 1, seal 2, seal 3 (if you have multiple variations of seal).
    • Like x 5
  19. Berza Committed Player

That's pretty much the best option.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd be ok with some sort of pop up as long as it could be written out of the times you'd NEVER need a seal, like the 100% upgrades. I don't need another reminder of things like how once we socket a white mod it will no longer be tradable...which they are NOT tradable anyway.
    • Like x 1