Stop the totally blocked loot raid!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

As you all know, once the raid is done during the week, we are not allowed to loot any more gear until the next week, could we change this and make it more interesting for people to come and play raids on DCUO more regularly?

For example ? Couldn't we do the raids as many times as we want to simply get the normal, blue and purple quality gear ? But without getting the loot such as dlc currency and raid loot source marks?

Many players come to raid for the loot and then don't see them again until the next week's reset. Couldn't we try to reinvigorate the raid motivation so that players still get something?

I think we should also find something for elite level raids, because after a while it's very difficult to start elite raids...
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You do realize that Replay Badges exist, and that their primary reason for being is so that players can replay the content and get loot again. Your "suggestion" would destroy that business model, on top of the fact that you offered no alternative to fix the damage caused by your "suggestion"?!!? They are already talking about making episodes free, now you're asking them to compromise Replay Badges. Do you actually think about your suggestions before you post them?

And what exactly do you want them to "find" for elite raids??? Suggesting they add something but not telling them what that "something" should be is a useless suggestion.
    • Like x 3
  3. Miserable Dedicated Player

Not that I agree with his suggestion, but do you think that many people are spamming replays just for gear drops? The renown and marks (what most people are after) would still be behind the loot lock.

Edit: A big problem with this is that it would make it too easy to farm gear to salvage for exobytes for your origin augments.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have reason to suspect that the OP is no longer a paying subscriber and thus no longer receiving monthly replay badges. Asking the devs to find a solution to the problems that he creates is not out of character for him.
    • Like x 5
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

I was right on the verge of saying the same thing.

Having said that...

Another game I play (Secret World Legends) does not have loot locks. Instead it has a system whereby you have a daily allotment of Dungeon Loot Keys, which unlock Chests that appear after a Boss fight. Chests are colour-coded, so you know roughly that there is a good loot drop (think rare collection pieces) or useful gear piece in them - which allows you to choose whether to spend a Loot Key or not (so you may go a full Raid or Alert without actually choosing to open any loot boxes at all, and save your keys). They vanish on game reset if you haven't used them. The colour of the chest does not guarantee better gear - it just tells you that there is SOMETHING in that chest that is of Normal, Uncommon, or Rare level.

The difference between SWL and DCUO is that there are endless daily open-world missions you can run, but limited Raid and Alert instances.

To do something like that in DCUO you would, I suspect, have to have instance-specific lockouts and tallies on loot. So if a Raid offers 3 loot drops, you could run it once taking everything, twice with a 1 pick / 2-pick combination, or 3 times with only one pick each time.

Downside: Many people would revert to choosing the easy 1st boss in Elite, unless renown was only dropped by the final boss.

Upside: More control over your loot drops.
  6. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

uhm you saw that he just talked about gears? not any marks so how should this destroy anything if you use replay badges you do it for get waynechips (witch can may still locked until you use replay badges)
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess this not not as much a benefit as you think. Gear is not the primary reason for replaying. Don't believe me? On a 2x or 3x marks weekend, watch the activity go up over normal, even at the end of a DLC when things slow down naturally. Once you've maxed your drop gear (can be done in 2 weeks of normal play save a few unlucky purple pieces you don't get as drops....I'm looking at you PYRO BOOTS!), past that it's salvage and the things you really want are catalysts, Exo materials, Renown and the shiney drops if any are in the loot table. All things worth much more valuable than gear PAST those first few weeks of the drop gear climb.

While I do loves my free stuff too, I doubt this would ever happen without some big caveats.
    • Like x 1
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Do you think either of you is capable of starting a thread that doesn't begin with you demanding something outlandish, and then vocally, endlessly, and disparagingly disagreeing with anybody that has different opinions?
    • Like x 4
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

That's not how it works. With the emphasis on "it works". If it ain't broke, don't fix it. What you're basically saying is "I want Blue and Purple Gear Quicker". Whilst ignoring the people that want Vendor Gear Quicker. Which is bought with... DLC Currency. Why should you get a leg up, and not them?
    • Like x 2
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

One of the games I enjoyed playing was Extinction back on CoD Ghosts. Bad game but that side game was epic fun! Anyway, there was no loot lock and the minimum it took to compete a map was about 40-45 minutes as one of the maps took well over an hour. You would get 'Teeth' for currency and could spend them on upgrades that you could turn on or off.

Having no loot locks meant that you could play it till you fell asleep knowing you got something out of each run. The upgrade prices were somewhat high, but well worth it. Some were ridiculously high but again, well worth the investment. This means you ran the content and had fun doing it at the same time. Was it a grind, sure. Did it take a while, sure. Was it fun, totally.

With dcuo raids and loot locks, you play it once, get your loot, see ya next week. Where is the fun in that? I would like to see this game remove its loot locks and try a different approach to where we can run the content as many times we want in a day so we can progress at our own pace with playtime and not on a weekly one-time basis for a 10-minute raid.
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

Then rewards would have to significantly change. That's not outside the bounds of possibility, if handled correctly. But in essence, you're asking for a fundamental shift in the lifetime of a DLC. When it's already clear that people don't want to wait any longer than they have to for the next one, and yet development time is not shrinkable to allow faster release schedules.

If you want loot locks removed, you're going to have to at least try to come up with an alternative paradigm that doesn't leave the entire population done with content in the first week?

And just out of interest, where did that system leave casual players that only wanted to play for an hour a day? It's not the same game. The same solutions don't apply.
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Umm..

Wow...

How many game forums have I visited where this request has been posted? Too many. MMO's that have loot locked raids also have enough content for players to go through other than those raids, which means you can focus on the dailies/open raids/missions while waiting for the weekly to reset.

MMO's are a marathon, not the 100 yard dash; they have a slower progression pace than a first person shooter or a MOBA/rogue-lite game, for example. If players were able to play those loot locked raids whenever and however they wanted, I guarantee that the forums would have more posts from sad and pouty players complaining that they are bored, because they finished farming those raids so quickly.

Sound familiar? It should because that happens when players finish new content within 3 weeks and have only the new content available for CR relevancy to farm loot/marks/gear from. Do you really want more of that? I know I want no parts of that.

You did not make it clear what is it you want changed/improved for elite raids; a suggestion or two would be helpful.
    • Like x 1
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't see how impossible to sell equipment would break the economy of the repeat tokens. When players use replay tokens, aren't they doing it mainly to get the DLC currency and source brands? In idea, I only propose the possibility to drop the equipment you can get in the raid.

For the elite equipment I didn't have an idea yet, but now something comes to my mind, shouldn't we make sure that some elite equipment only falls in the elite raid? For example, necklace + jewels, or see, the weapon? But only if there is a RESPECTABLE loot rate, so that it doesn't repeat the same infamous mistake, as it did with the legion ring, which I still haven't managed to get, by the way...

I'm still a subscriber, although I've decided not to be and my subscription will end in two days, but this idea is in no way related to that, to tell you the truth I don't even run on repeat tokens, even when I get them with the subscription.
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

Some are. Some want renown. Some want gear to salvage to max out their origin augments. Some want Feats. Some want Styles completed. Some want Episode exobytes and Catalysts to max out their Episode Augments. Some might be helping others out and don't want to run loot-locked. Some want to gear up their other role. There is no one reason why people run content with RBs.
    • Like x 2