DC being sold by At&t and splitting them from WB.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ghost27Xog, May 17, 2021.

1. Controller Devoted Player

By the way, WB -

PLEASE KEEP Viola Davis as AMANDA WALLER.......

[IMG]
  2. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

Update:
    WB discovery would like to sell DC to one of three companies ...

• Like x 2
  3. Controller Devoted Player

Disney, please.
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

There was a rumour flying around summer last year of someone trying to put together a private group of investors to buy DC comics from WB. I'll poke around and see if that went anywhere.
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Here's a reality check, so you can now rest easy.

• Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I cut it because the context didn't matter. You're trying to say two different characters with two different experiences, upbringings and behaviors are pretty much the same. It'd be like saying the Kingdom Come version of Superman is the same as the Injustice Superman because in both stories Lois was killed via the actions of The Joker.

Snyder's Superman didn't go through the character progression we saw in the animated series. He didn't go through the ups and downs of earning the trust and faith of people only to have it stripped away due to Darkseid's manipulations and schemes. He didn't even have the chance to earn trust and faith because Ma and Pa Kent seemed bound and determined to keep him from being Superman at all.

At best you can only compare the experiences of the two different versions of the characters, but you can't take what happened to one character and apply it to another version who didn't go through anything like that. Snyder may have tried to use some ideas from other versions of Superman (bit skeptical of that, but benefit of the doubt will be given LOL), but that doesn't mean he used the same version of Superman from the animated series, not by a long shot.
  7. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

No Not Disney, they ruined Starwars. They don't even do Rated R superheros movies. Their movies are souless.
    • Like x 1
  8. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

disney is evil.i hope that the change cynthia addai robinson as amanda waller .for revenge for made killed of all the arrowverse characters to use to the dc movie universe
    • Like x 1
  9. Controller Devoted Player

But WHEN was "Superman - The Animated Series" in circulation, Will? What? Early 1990's?

Let's be real, here - the world was a MUCH SANER place compared to where we are NOW......

Pre - 911....we had Racial strife but NOTHING like it is now....all other sorts of crazy going on....

Zach Snyder produced a Man of Steel for MODERN times.......

Can Henry Cavill grab kittens out of trees? Should he? Yes and OF COURSE.

But there is MUCH CRAZIER stuff going on in Real Life than those "SIMPLER" times of the 90s. People are MORE CYNICAL...less-trusting.......

We cannot go back, Will.....but we CAN go forward.

"SHOULD" Zach Snyder move towards a Superman that YOU envision, Will? I personally wouldn't have a problem with it......at least NOW Superman KNOWS he has OTHER Super-Powered beings out there....he's seemingly buried his beef (and FORGIVEN) Batman for almost KILLING him.....

......he FINALLY gets to live out his engagement to Lois....his mom gets her farm back.....Darkseid is repelled - at least for NOW.

I personally hope we can get ONE or TWO MORE JL movies with Zach at the helm - OR at least ONE MORE Man of Steel with a Superman that is more aware of his universe and can actually BREATHE and enjoy life some - perhaps with his fiance Lois.

And PLEASE, WB - keep HENRY CAVILL for crying out loud..........................

I have NO issues with a Superman that you envision, Will - but I think Zach realized that such a Superman does NOT fit into our world right now.

Good on Zach Snyder for realizing this BUT leaving the door OPEN for Henry Cavill / Superman - to GROW more.