How About a Movement Tree Abilities Artifact?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, May 22, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I'd love to see an artifact that makes the most of the movement tree abilities. Maybe something that would add one new power per movement mode that's a unique movement ability PI applicator for the reset of the movement tree powers?

I feel like something along these lines could be hugely popular. It would be like giving everyone the ability to have an alternate powerset along side their usual one.
    • Like x 5
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, let's buff whirling dervish, when the artifact is 200, whirling dervish hits full damage and from maximum range, also the benefit from 160 reduces the cool down on phase dodge to 3s
    • Like x 1
  3. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Sure, but before that they need to rework moviment powers.
    Maybe move phase dodge to as an iconic power.
    Delete from existance Dustoff.
    Reajust each damaging ability.
    But hey a person can always dream:)
    • Like x 2
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Ooh, good ideas.

Thanks for contributing!
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Fair. Imo, the movement trees feel like a missed opportunity overall.
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

Even better. Let Whirling dervish spawn multiple speed force tornados that deal passive damage for 5 seconds. Rank 80 spawns 1, Rank 120 spawns 2, 160 spawns 3 and 200 spawns 4 while also doubling the damage of the actual whirling dervish!!!

Max range still applies!!!
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd be a little hesitant in wanting an Artifact for boosting some movement abilities, particularly Super Speed moves. They can be surprisingly strong/effective as is, so having an Artifact to boost them could push them into OP range.

You'd either have to keep the bonuses at a lower level to make sure they don't make the move/moves in question OP or you'd have to rebalance those moves beforehand THEN add the Artifact, and I don't see either approach going over particularly well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Perfect! I love this idea.
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

I like this idea in theory, but as others have mentioned, SS would almost certainly benefit more from this than any other Movement Mode. At the very least it would require a rebalance of the current powers. And that's not even taking into account that some of those powers are Supercharges...

I can't help thinking that the obvious balance move would be to simply nerf SS, and you can imagine how that would go down. Poor old ObsidianChill would have to remake practically every one of his Power videos too :(.
    • Like x 2
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Have the artifact give you a Movement Mode Supercharge power. (MMSP)

While the Artifact is equipped: While you're in movement mode a target already taking your damage would get a very slight DOT. The longer you're in movement mode the tick will get higher and higher. It won't be very much and won't activate Criticals. At the same time it will build a MMSP. When activated, for a period of time the ticks get MUCH bigger and allow for Criticals. They'll then slowly go down to the amount of damage before you hit the Supercharge. This way players who continually stay in their Movement Mode would reap the highest benefit.

Downside: There will be some players who will get irked by having to pick someone up. But then again, these are probably the same players who already get irked anyways when they have to revive someone. Go figure.
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It should make Whirling Dervish and Tornado Pull one-shot any elite raid boss!
    • Like x 1
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yes!
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You guys are out of your mind.... it’s obvious that whirling dervish will suck in all enemies including bosses even if you have 0 dom and shred them all to pieces like a blender. Adds are one shot. No I won’t make it op. Bosses aren’t one shot. They are 2 shot duhh
    • Like x 3
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

Since there seems to be a lot of contention about what it should do, I suggest that there be separate artifacts for each movement mode.

Aerial modes could have an Energized Dustoff effect, and possibly a +250% to the damage done when using High Pressure immediately after Low Pressure.

Agile Mode(s?) could have maybe an unbreakable Shield effect for 30 minutes when using literally anything. Like absolutely any power ever, as long as you have an Agile Mode.

And Super Speed could have an artifact that literally does nothing but take up a slot, and still be well ahead.
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Let's face facts - it's not just ONE power in the Swift Tree that is better than anything in the other trees. They have 4 powers that are better. Dervish, Drain, Dodge and Cyclone are all immensely better and situationally more useful than anything in the other trees. To the extent that those powers show up in loadout after loadout, whereas literally nothing from any of the other movement trees finds a spot, even in Tank, Troll or Healer roles.

Edit: Dustoff might, if it weren't so ridiculous. It's got a HUGE basic shield value (around 4.5 IIRC?), but it throws you so far away from everything that's going on that it's useless to any role. And occasionally clips you through the roof, with no way back.

I don't want SS nerfed. It's just obvious that there is a balance issue between the movement modes.
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Perfect, you should honestly be a developer
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

I have been. Just not on this game.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, this would be amazing, let's call the artifact "Barry Allens Blender" :)
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

Cuisinartifact.
  20. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yeah, it shows. The talent is just palpable