DCUO Development Update - May 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, May 3, 2021.

1. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

Will the Goth legs ever be available again in the Marketplace?
    • Like x 1
  2. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I haven't read all the comments yet, so I don't know if this has been said, but what about free breakthroughs for members? Since members are more prone to buy replay badges, why not let us open the time capsules for free? Or at least 20 free a week. Let members, no matter the power, be able to pick their secondary role. No caps on prestige for members maybe? Members spend alot on memberships and replays already, I don't think any of these are asking too much.
    • Like x 2
  3. darry3275 Well-Known Player

If we can't get any of that.......I still want a working toaster for my base, an attack squirrel uplink, and an attack chicken orbital:D
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Wasn't the game still subscription based when it came out?
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It was, but the original plan back then was to charge for DLCs as well as requiring a subscription. I think they said they decided to give it away for free as a thank you to players who had stuck around after the hack etc., but then free to play came in two months later just before Lightning Strikes was released and they changed the sub model to include access to DLC packs.
    • Like x 2
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No it was not.
    I bought the DLC when it was released.
    It was not Free.
    • Like x 2
  7. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Keep membership the same but add stabilizers to our stabilizer daily so we can open 1 time cap per day instead of 1 every 3 days and maybe give us 1 seal of completion per month.
    • Like x 1
  8. DokuSparkz New Player

Do you think we should get rewards for the consistent maintenance.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you are referring to the daily maintenance this is necessary to prevent the servers from freezing up and causing lag.
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

hopefully another layer in horizontal character progression...
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You should read the whole thing. ;)

"new DLC pack as a FREE download to all active subscribers"

It was included for "Free" if you were a Subscriber.... same as it is now.

But if you were NOT a subscriber.... you had to buy it for $9.99 if I recall correctly.

So wayyy back when I bought this DLC..... was going to buy Lightning Strikes after that.... but decided to become a Subscriber instead. ;)
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I did read the whole thing, and your post where you said you bought it when "it was released," which suggests back when it first came out in September 2011. There was no free to play when Fight for the Light came out. If you weren't a subscriber then you couldn't even play the game. If you were a subscriber at the time then it was permanently added to your account for free. Free to play came in November 2011, almost two months after Fight for the Light was released. So even if you dropped your sub when F2P came out, if you had already been subbed when FftL came out you still owned it even as a premium. We can chalk it up to a miscommunication. ;)