Skipping enimes in RW alert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robotsidekick, May 14, 2021.

1. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I'll skip the adds every time. My time is worth more. Not that I have alts, but I know the value of time in real life. It's not really an issue in my eyes.
    • Like x 1
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I always looked at adds as SC building material for when we get to the boss. Gemini spamming tanks and healers have kind of took that place but in alerts I rarely run into one though
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Is this a job or entertainment?
    • Like x 1
  4. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

time? sry i cant hear this anymore if you play an game you should put time in it otherwise you just dont need to play it why we not just say hey daybreak we just need bosses and thats it dont waste our time with fights in games ...

games be made to be played and not to be skiped
  5. Proxystar #Perception

and thus why the option is important, if you want to go waste your time on adds, that's your choice when the option is left to the player.

The current alert allows the player to choose, stop trying to choose for him, your preference doesn't trump his.

Again form a group and kill every add in existence if that's your choice.
    • Like x 5
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I skip adds as well because I can and decided that's what I'm going to do. I pug 100% of the time and I see other players doing it. It doesn't bother me and if I'm the only one left behind then I'll just kill the adds as they are not that difficult to begin with. I decide how I want to play. I don't dictate other players but I see it all too often in chat and in the forums.
  7. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

waste my time yh if i play only an half game i waste my time .....i dont choose for him but if this guys wanna skip adds should they do her groups and let the normal guys enjoy this game how we should it isnt my problem if guys be over bored with this adds but the most of them just run trough and let you stay in the back so who choose here for other guys!!!!

elite guys tell us every few minutes they beat the alerts and all to quick but on the otherside they skip the adds if i read such crap i can go mad

and one more thing for the excuse about oh we got alts we need to speedrun all THAT IS YOUR FAULT we never say do 10 or more chars if you guys cant handle your problems dont let other guys pay for it!!!!
  8. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Right at the beginning, before the shield comes down, I just ask "skip to aqua? any need beach feat?"

OR

If I'm on my spammers I say "pls fight ads SC = greens"

It's not like you can even move forward right away, so just like, ask.
    • Like x 2
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The main thing that annoys me about these so called “skippable” adds is that they follow you all the way to the boss and dog pile you the second the boss goes down. I wish they’d stop pursuing after a certain distance like the adds in open world areas, or they despawned when the boss is defeated.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Absolutely and they can and do form their own groups.

If I'm blind queuing however I'll see what the group wants to do as it'll be communicated in group chat at the very start, I will then just comply with the group wishes.

If no one skips I kill adds, if the group says skip I run; what I don't do however is object and act like a dork hanging back and attempting to kill the adds or rush ahead when no one does just to 'create a scene' that's absolutely selfish and stupid and at that point you're actually creating the problem, not the other people.

That situation can be avoided by any party forming their own group, however when you're randomly queuing do yourself and everyone else a favor, communicate then abide by the wishes of the majority in there, it won't be the last time you run it.
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Have you guys heard of shields or is this a foreign concept?
    • Like x 4
  12. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

i dont create any problem lol i talk to this guys but nearly everyone do what they want and create groups is easyer said than done if 90% of the gamers here just do stuff with there leagues you can be happy if you even find a group
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s less of a problem with this alert, but in other instances like Batcave Breach and Speed Force Flux, there’s so many enemies that all the shield does is give you an extra half a second to live.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

100% disagree, it's more than easy to form a group in LFG. I think you're making excuses.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I absolutely hate skipping if it makes me be stuck in combat, otherwise it's ok.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

With respect, given the fact whenever I'm in a group that requests skipping adds there's never an issue I can't help but feel there's a bit of a "you" issue going on here.
    • Like x 3
  17. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

excuses? whatever i dont waste more time here
  18. Dogico Loyal Player

But the only point of this game is combat. Don't you think the devs creating scenarios where the only form of content can be skipped is bad design?
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

The point of the game is whatever anyone makes of it. I think it's to spend time and have fun. To you, that may be wasting trash in hallways. To others, it might be the thrill of dancing on the edge of of a knife by flying fast through groups to the boss. To others, it might be hanging out with their leaguemates in voice chat. To others, it might be seeing what drops you get. It's an opinion and different people have different opinions. Welcome to life.
    • Like x 4
  20. Dogico Loyal Player

What lmao you can find fun in the game however you want. I'm sure there are people who have a blast crafting nitro colas and selling them on the broker. However, you can't refute my point that the game is designed entirely around combat, and the devs creating adds that the player base feels should be skipped is a design flaw. Either the adds need to be made more engaging, they need to be a requirement before progressing to boss rooms, or they need to be removed.