I dont know if its good or bad - The Royal War Elite alert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jolaksi, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrWon Committed Player

Right? I too never understood this. If everyone was on equal footing and there were no p2w involve, then I'd be more understanding about it. But yeah, when it comes to calling a game competitive, the games that pop in my head are CSGO, DOTA, Apex Legends, etc. PvP games like those take a lot of effort and time to "git gud" in as just "knowing" the mechanic isn't enough. Only time I ever saw DCUO being competitive was during the Legends tournaments. In terms of PvE competitiveness, people who speedrun games
    • Like x 1
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Origin Crisis isn't hard anymore. It was patched several times after launch to adjust its difficulty to a normal one. Anyone voting for it now is voting nostalgically like you; OR is voting because it is [iirc] the only DLC with new Batman content in it (and there's 5 of them in it).

The point you made doesn't matter bc it's not real. It's imaginary. You're just making up stuff to own whoever you're arguing with. It's like you believing people reply against you for likes. You're making it up in your head so you don't have to accept being wrong. As if anyone can control all the people who agree with them or like their posts. Honestly, it's little disturbing that you think that. No; people reply against you because you're just wrong. Obv those likes are hurting you if you have to make up ways to explain them away instead of being able to admit you're wrong. Maybe online forums etc aren't a healthy way for you to spend your time.

Jacob did most of the heavy lifting and debunking already (thanks Jacob) but I want to reiterate again that all.of.this.is.nonsense. It's all imaginary conspiracy theorist stuff.

Origin Crisis was patched to normal difficulty. It's not extremely difficult anymore and anyone saying they like Origin Crisis because it's hard, isn't honest and wasn't here for the launch difficulty.

There's no reason for Spytle to lie about the [lack of] financial success of those DLCs or to not believe Spytle when he publicly admitted they weren't successful DLCs. It's a business and if they made money on those DLCs, the game would have continued in that direction. The game didn't go that direction because those DLCs weren't successful and drove away players.

Like Jacob points out, reality disproves your claims. PVP is abandoned. Standard difficulty isn't tuned harder than it is and we have easy event versions of content as base difficulty. Elite content exists for your vocal minority of players who want it though.

We told them so basically. OC finally put to rest the claim that elites drove the game and proved through the lack of sales and lack of engagement that the playerbase of the game is mostly casual and here for a casual PVE content experience. It is a universal truth that "elite" players never exceed 5% of an MMO's population. It's usually around 2% actually. This is true across the entire industry. For you to be correct, elite players would have to be significantly more than 5% of the total playing population. Depending on the game's active pop, thousands of elite players is totally possible but that doesn't mean they're close to the majority of the playerbase.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The elite alert is really nice imo. Not super hard, but the mechanics are interesting enough and the feats make it worth re-running.

That said, doing my dailies before work I don't usually have time for it every day, maybe once or twice a week I'll run it and then run regular otherwise.

I wasn't a big fan of elite alerts before me but this has changed that for me this episode. Good job Quixotic :)
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Considering how popular SM was aswell as origin crisis winning the polls recently, i think the devs do know what people want im just talking about the fact that people voted for origin crisis means that this episode did something right which the devs should investigate and use in future episodes aswell its a fairly big deal im open to any polls in the future if the devs arent sure on what to focus on.
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

About Paradox being nerfed, while they dod nerf it, it still isn't a cake walk. About a year ago there was a league that was posting "duo/4man new elite raids" videos on YouTube. They are definitely good players. One night I happened upon a stream of this league attempting Paradox with at level gear and they got wiped out of the instance and ended the stream.
    • Like x 2
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

We should also take into account that Origin Crisis was losing until a content creator with probably the largest DCUO community told all his followers to vote a certain way. His followers obviously have their own free will, but it is still disingenuous to mention that poll without the whole story imo
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Not sure popular is the word to use to describe sm. Pretty sure the devs said 11% of the games population took part in it. That's not "popular" that's probably more looked at like a failure. Personally, enjoyed it. As did my friends. That's my clique so that's all the knowledge I have. Also now a bunch of players that never bothered with anything past rd2 trying to get horns. If they're included in that 11%... not good.

And lol at hurricanes post. Sounds about right. It was entertaining back in the day but mostly because it was so terrible. Only ever finished it with the same 7 players. Was pointless to even try with strangers.
    • Like x 2
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Well considering that you endgame stats i think 11% is fairly high especially considering the fact that its a 4 man sm since you need 2 Tanks many groups couldnt do it. If it was 8 man it woildve been way better.
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Those people could be older players that voted on their own will either way origin crisis won.
    We should also take into consideration that many vote for JLD just because it futures their favorite character constantine that must be valueable feedback for future content,rofl
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

They botched the poll right from the beginning imo. Removing an episode after it already won two brackets seemed like a move to bump certain episodes at the time. I can't remember though, if they stated anything beyond "what is your favorite?" Im not sure if they wanted to know peoples favorite gameplay, storyline, characters, or all of the above. So there wouldn't be anything wrong with people voting for favorite characters, storylines, gameplay, etc That's why Twitter polls aren't a very good gauge for anything
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.