Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I understand there are currently no plans to 'fix' PVP itself. So are we going to be given the PVP feats at any stage since it is near enough impossible to get queued into instances sometimes and due to the fact it'll take years to get the feats themselves?

There's pretty much an entire episode dedicated to PVP so I along with many others on the game - especially new players who weren't around when PVP was active - would appreciate it if we can be given these feats along with the style feats that are unlocked with PVP currency.
    • Like x 2
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I wonder if we will ever get any PvP news at all, even if really small. They talked about PvP like once in 1-2 years and it was to make fun of the players who asked to fix it.

Handling all the feats won't be so accepted by the old school players, but there aren't many ways out there. USPCPS is probably the only server you can find a 4v4+ PvP match in less 20 hours and you'll still hardly find a 8v8 or specific maps for feats.

And INB4 someone says: I got all of them, why don't you get them as well? Well. Most players would, but there are no queues or PvP groups like 6-7 years ago when yall were hardcore feat chasers. And until they fix PvP (something that isn't in their plans for at least 1 year), we can't do anything about it
    • Like x 5
  3. King Bakes Well-Known Player

If i'm honest, a lot of these old school players you're referring to don't even play anymore, specifically due to the fact that PVP isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. So yeah they'll be annoyed if we get given feats but I don't see how it's fair for newer players to never get these feats if PVP is never going to become active again. I'm not far off 600sp so I'm finding it more difficult to do feats now. But I've literally done like 5/101 PVP feats so there's plenty of SP for me to get from there.
    • Like x 4
  4. Proxystar #Perception

No the feats should not just be given away for free, do you take the same approach to old pve feats that are harder to get now because less people run the content, if course not and pvp is no different.

There are better ways to get people playing pvp, even if it's less than ideal, running a pvp feat event week on certain maps for example where wins count for 2 and give double marks would be far better than just handing out feats for something you didn't earn.
    • Like x 13
  5. King Bakes Well-Known Player

This would be a good idea but I think it's even less likely to happen than us simply being given the feats.

And no I don't take the same approach... I literally just said i'm nearly on 600sp so evidently I actually care about grinding SP. However some of these PVP feats would realistically take 1-2 years to finish which is a bit of a joke. There aren't any PVE feats which take this long even if instances are hard to come by in older content so I don't really see how you can compare the two.
    • Like x 3
  6. inferno Loyal Player

Maybe they can have a bonus pvp week, where you get triple the marks of Valor and then just have those feats purchase-able with Valor.
    My league and another tried to que up the 8v8 maps. Even though both teams were complete and qued up together and both waiting, the que was there for over 20 minutes. We just gave up. Two teams waiting and nothing was happenin, Yeesh!!
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Then you know full well that grinding something out is far more satisfying that just having something handed to you without effort, even if you achieve something when easier because it's old or play LPVE when it's 10x, it's still better.

I've made threads in the past asking for pvp event weeks even to the extent where the developers responded querying whether it was something players actually wanted.

It's certainly possible, I mean hell even a ring war/diamond heist weekend would be cool and fun where each one counts for 10 wins (i did it entirely at 1 per day btw and yes it takes a long time, but that's just part of it).

I'll get entirely behind plans to incentivize people to jump into pvp, I'll never support a free lunch where people are just handed pvp feats, that's an entirely pathetic solution to the problem.
    • Like x 2
  8. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I think people need to realise that PVP doesn't make the game any money... so the chances of it being 'fixed' are extremely slim. The devs obviously want to put all their focus into the PVE side of things because time capsules, artifacts etc actually make them money.

I highly doubt that a bonus PVP week will ever happen unless they actually had plans to 'fix' PVP. And since they don't, I might as well ask the question about everyone being given the feats. I feel like the only people that would disagree with this are the people who already have all the PVP feats done. However I honestly don't see how anyone can compare grinding these PVP feats to doing the odd few 1 time feats in older PVE content (I don't think there's that many over time feats, and if there are they definitely don't take as long as these PVP ones would).

I'm all for grinding feats. Usually i'd be against being given feats for free (unless they were bugged which made them impossible to get). But due to the fact these instances seriously do not ever pop, and as the person above said, 2 groups were queuing for 20 mins and the queue still didn't pop for whatever reason, I seriously don't see a way of getting these feats unless they do a bonus week which gets people playing PVP (as i said i think this is unlikely, and if it was to happen it probably wouldnt be for another year at least) or give them to us for free.

I personally think the devs should just come out and be upfront with people by saying 'look we plan to have PVP sorted towards the end of the year' for example, or simply be honest and say 'we dont plan on fixing it at all'. In which case they should probably just give us the feats.
    • Like x 3
  9. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Sorry just to add on, I'm pretty sure you're from the US servers so I don't think you quite understand the pain EU side has to go through when it comes to getting queued into stuff. The population on US is 100x bigger than EU. So however long you think it takes to get queued into stuff on your side of the game, double it an then triple it because that's how long we sometimes have to wait. And that's why I'm asking for the feats to be given for free.
    • Like x 1
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

Here’s 50 feat points for made-up stat of the day.
    • Like x 4
  11. Proxystar #Perception

When they released the PVP 101 gear and the Belle Reeve map they ran a PVP bonus weekend at the same time, there was a feat added to win 50 Belle Reeve maps.

That weekend was incredibly fun and lots and lots of people were playing it despite the fact it was also heavily broken, even the legends characters that use pets were broken during that weekend, but people did it anyway.

A few things the developers could do to get people running PVP;
    • Bonus PVP mark week/end on certain maps (helps with specific feats) put them in a constant bonus rotation
    • Add a new set of 102 PVP gear - use an existing style (doesn't have to even be new)
    • Bonus Feat week/end on certain maps where one win counts as 5 wins, put it on constant rotation
    • Bonus Feat week/end on ring wars and diamond heists, 1 event counts as 10.
    All that stuff would help people get in to PVP despite the somewhat broken elements and is infinitely better than just handing out feats for free in exchange for zero effort.
    • Like x 5
  12. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I was being sarcastic lol but it's much much bigger and that IS a fact.
    • Like x 1
  13. King Bakes Well-Known Player

As I said, i'm not against this idea whatsoever. I think it's a great idea and if it's something they'd actually implement then I would prefer this over free feats all day long! I still think it's unlikely they'll release a bonus pvp week but who knows.

The way the game currently is, it's nigh on impossible to get the PVP feats done. I could stand in the hall of doom all day everyday for a week and i'd be lucky to get a few queues (if any) for some of the PVP matches. Taking this into account, just say I was to queue every single day for this stuff and (for arguments sake) say I got 50 queues in a year, there is absolutely 0 guarantee i'd even win any of these 50 matches because PVP is a different kettle of fish compared to PVE and LPVE. This would mean that i've essentially wasted a whole year queuing for these matches because my feat for 50 wins (I think this is one of the feats anyways) wouldn't have gone up at all.

PVP feats are entirely different to PVE and LPVE.

In PVE, you get a group for feats and providing it's not a first time feat, you can wipe as many times as you want until it's done. But once it's done it's done. Even the overtime feats are pretty simple as all you have to do is run the raids multiple times.

In LPVE, it's pretty much just an alert so the queues are fairly common. But the feats are literally solo feats (characters), team-ups (again, characters) and then the overtime feats. However the overtime feats are guaranteed to go up simply for completing the instances.

If the queues for PVP were instant (or at least popped way more than they currently do) then i'd happily sit there grinding PVP all day long regardless of whether i won or lost. However, spending all this time sitting around waiting for a queue, to then not even win anything meaning my feat doesn't progress... well that doesn't even seem like grinding tbh that's just a waste of my time. It completely takes the fun out of the game.

In case it's not already clear, i'm not one of these old school PVP players. I couldn't care less for PVP. I just care about feats. I want to complete every feat in the game. And I 100% would rather a bonus week that gets people playing instead of being given the feats, but if this isn't realistically going to happen then yes I would like the feats for free because as previously explained, it is pretty much impossible to get them the way the game currently is with queues.
    • Like x 3
  14. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I'd like to see a weekly event similar to LPVE with PVP (Could make every run count as x2/x3). I remember a few years back the weekend they did and how active PVP was during that time.
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

It is bigger, but not so many magnitudes bigger that EU players require different arrangements for historical feats.

I did my PvP feats in the 18 months leading up to stats revamp, which finished PvP off, but it was broken when I did them. It was a case of seeking out and finding likeminded individuals determined to get the feats. Your argument for awarding these feats because nobody queues PvP because it is broken is also a strong argument for the existence of such players with the same dilemma.
    • Like x 1
  16. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I'm always torn on this subject cause pvp is long dead for a good majority but then there's people who legitimatly earned the feats there and it wouldn't seem fair to just give them away for nothing
    • Like x 4
  17. Cristoffer New Player

The need to make the reward from pvp beter. If we can get new styles, Maby make season pvp with best singel, duo, 5man team. That get a nice reward after evrey season.
  18. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I've completed most of them, but I fully support giving away all pvp feats, or reducing counts to like 5, instead of 50.

Or, enable alternative ways to achieve those feats. Perhaps the Iconic Encounters in Last Laugh 8-mans, could be achieved through a mixture of bounties, some from Riddled with Crime, Controlled Starro guys from Deluge, and 31st Illusions. For example.

Maybe bomb disarms could be gained by doing various bomb feats throughout the game, Wayne Manor Gala, Bombshell Paradox, Flash Museum Duo, etc.

There are ways to fix the achievement of feats without giving them away. However, if they won't change anything, then I say just give 'em out.
    • Like x 4
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Here’s my biggest problem with either awarding PvP feats (or removing them from the game - same effect) on the basis that they can’t be earned any more - it sets a precedent and where would it end? For example, I would be annoyed if someone who has Back from the Hack (sorry to bring it up!) was awarded feats they hadn’t earned on the basis that they were no longer obtainable, as it would have to apply both ways.

However, as stated above, the PvP feats are attainable with a bit of organisation and initiative.
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I do wish something would be done. I don’t know about feats being just handed out though. There’s things I want to do but even getting two teams to queue together doesn’t seem to work. We queue and nothing happens most of the time. Maybe they could look into why that’s happening and fix it?
    • Like x 2