Dev Discussion Better Membership

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Some of the suggestions are so laughable and would clearly never happen, it's just a wasted opportunity for the members to get something moving and put things that are more realistic into future membership plans.

Things like 7 stabilizers per day, new powersets exclusive to members, new visuals for powers etc do not help any discussions.
    • Like x 1
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The roadmap isn't a reflection of actual development time it takes to do X, it's their timeline based on their current workload and priorities; an important distinction.

Exclusive features for exclusive features are quite plausible. Turnaround on their development will vary depending on the feature on the table and their priorities.

Did either of you have something you wanted to suggest and contribute? Or did you both just post to poo poo suggestions you didn't like, after being told not to?
    • Like x 1
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

I think it's fairly clear that any re-settlement of Membership can't involve the Marketplace too heavily.
    • Like x 1
  4. Robotsidekick Active Player

People still don't get it.
    They are asking what we want.. I am telling them what would convince me to buy membership.

'realistic' small changes are not enough to make me buy membership, ethier put the effort and investment in or lose the money, it's that simple. This is the only time the community will have this power to force the devs to make real change after years of adding very little of what people ask for and now some people don't want to ask for better because it's not 'realistic' enough.. lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

BINGO
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That opportunity is quickly getting squandered as realistic possibilities are getting lost in the crowd of pipedreams.
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

SUGGESTION
    take away the accountwide loot lock of the stabilizer event, THAT would do it for me ^^
    • Like x 1
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

what about making all styles available to purchase with replay badges,
    even though you never collected them before once?
    like the original plasma aura, for example?
    there are tons of styles, allmost impossible to get if you missed them out.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

if heroes could unlock villain exclussive feats and villains would be able to get hero exclussive feats,
    yet only if unlocked once on the other side, that would encurage to play on both sides in addition...
  10. Robotsidekick Active Player

Ok you read the post and still didn't get it...
    It's not "pipe dreams" it's what people want to convince them to continue membership. There is no onus on the community to lower standards the onus is on the devs to do what people are asking to make membership worth it.
    Not "oh please devs, I know you have it so so hard, just give me one extra source mark and i'll sub for life UWU"

This type of thinking will ruin our opportunity for change and then you'll all go back to complaining about how the devs never do anything you ask.
    • Like x 1
  11. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Any unrealistic suggestions will also ruin any opportunity for change. As a paying member, I'm all for getting my value for money but at the same time, you need to understand that there is a business involved. As I referenced, the 7 stabilizers per day suggestion... Monthly membership is £12 for me, 7 stabilizers per day is like £100 worth for the month. Would I love that, of course.. Would it EVER happen? No. This is why suggestions have to be within a realistic bracket based on the membership price per month.

You're more likely to get actual suggestions potentially used that don't send the company into losses per month. Various suggestions could be:

- Increase the replay badges to allow for two raid resets instead of the current 150
    - Allow for members to use 1 artifact from their main on their alt (If this was possible, I'd be more likely to spend on the other two)
    - Have a drop chance for seals of preservation for members or give x amount per month within reason
    - Increase nth drop chance/amount per month (within a fair range)
    - Allow for the use of styles on alts without paying replay badges
    - Potentially make it so members can queue into any instance without requiring the full group (earlier raids for feats for example)
    - A shared cash system, so if you're on an alt, you can use your accounts cash balance from main
    - Increase the current amount of shared bank slots/Inventory slots
    - Being a member, you never have to repair your gear or it's free to repair
    - Access to base amenities like bank, broker, teleporter as a member (like a renting system)
    - Better conversion rates on quarks, cheaper vendor items
    - Artifacts and catalysts drop at a higher percentage, also make them cheaper for members in vendor
    - Increased earned currency for events, episodes etc.
    - Potentially give in-game cash ($ not MC) as part of the membership (debatable and would depend on the amount)

Some of these could even be questioned as unreasonable by some but I've tried to balance a fair membership for users within the price range it costs (which means the company isn't at a big loss) and benefits that could lure people into buying one.
    • Like x 5
  12. Radstark Active Player

Not to mention that some suggestions here would be terrible even if they were doable. Luckily they're only a handful.
  13. Jords21 Well-Known Player

Free renewal so you don’t have to pay
  14. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Games like Call of Duty, Fortnite stopped selling maps " WHY " they make more money selling skins if the money wasn't worth while they would of gone back to selling maps they make so much money selling skins they give more away free, no membership and you can run the content as much as you want no replays needed. you can run content as much as you want on Neverwinter, Elder scrolls , Final Fantasy no replay cost just a basic membership if you choose to buy it you still gain access on content on some of them.

- Remove the replay system be like the rest of the games in the network allow content to be unlimited
    - Create basic styles charge for upgraded styles like the rest of the games
    - $5.00 for basic access , $10 for advanced access , $15.00 for Full access
    - Stop selling skill points make players earn them like it used to be
    - Remove player cash trades and reset currency to rebalance the game no one should be able to buy from bots it's killed broker.
    - Trade should be gear only no cash, anyone caught selling psn cards should be banned it's killed the broker.
    - A shared cash system, so if you're on an alt, you can use your accounts cash balance from main
    - Max inventory , trade and bank space should be accessible with membership
    - Being a member, you never have to repair your gear or it's free to repair

- Buying raid gear you should be able to get both roles we only play support cause we are forced to and it cost us more money & time then those who refuse to play those roles.

- Bring back PVP like it used to be the game will repair it's player base over time so many quit just because the content changes made just be came stupid you know what you lost and you know why you lost it but you avoid correcting it.

- Gear should still take the same amount of time as it always have to achieve it all while bonus pieces should drop in the game just like they did in the old content we no longer have that reward it was what made the game much more fun to run content.
    - Artifacts and catalysts should drop in raids at a higher rate none of this should cost us money or remove it from the game it's just stupid.

- All content should scale to the CR of the player and gear should drop on there gear level appropriate to there gear score other games are doing it reason they gain and obtain so many players and some are FREE and staying in business with Store sold items I would buy styles if they were sold having a choice of what we want rather then having to wear the same style as everyone else that is sold in the vender machine.

- Events like Survival mode should be a seasonal ladder 4 seasons each year first season standard progress point you can switch teams after a certain amount of achieved rounds. season 2 must achieve higher progress to gain a progress point to create a new team later , season 3 even higher progress much be achieved to create a new team to progress higher, season 4 no progress must beat it strait up after all it's survival if you can't survive then don't play it you don't see progress points on Call Of Duty Zombies you go till you are forced to tap out that's what SURVIAL some us are tired of hearing they beat survival and it took them a week to do it when it used to be you had to stay all day and break your back to beat it or you face that face you failed and took the " L "
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If the only concern you have is what would make YOU buy membership, it doesn't really matter. I think the goal is what would make MOST buy or keep membership.

For example...let's say the only thing that would make ME buy membership is that the dev team comes and bikini car washes my 1989 Fiero....that does automatically not make it a valid suggestion... And yeah....I'm talking the whole team....Mepps and Red 5 included.
    [IMG]

While everyone should be free to make suggestions, unrealistic ones should not be expected to gain any traction and are basically just noise at that point. And by 'unrealistic' I'm talking ones that are valued at 5x the membership price or more (i.e. 7 stabilizers a day) or would take massive coding changes (like the customizations you request). The latter might be able to be done, but it only adds 'value' for those who really want that change or feature. I'm sure there are more than a few, but it's way more niche than the people who would like a straight value add (within reason). I'd guess MOST players on the fence about subbing are not teetering between are their mental powers purple, blue or yellow as the primary deciding factor.
    • Like x 1
  16. AruEdu Well-Known Player

NO INCREASE NOTHING ... just add new things. SURPRISES for all .
  17. Talkchowder New Player

I just signed up for membership again after *years*. Mostly on word of mouth that you were revamping it, and making DLC content free. I did it for the power sets etc.

What i find egregious about the membership is the lootboxes, and amount of content still gated behind Daybreak Coins. I will concede to cosmetics toys etc being sold on market, but seeing what little is actually availabie outside of debasing, degrading, and humiliating lootbox systems, that make me feel undervalued as a client and patron of any game that uses said system, devalues my time and money with the game.

I'm not here to argue with anyone else's opinion on what is or isn't gambling etc, i don't care. Debasing myself in a paid game of chance instead of just paying for a product, knowing what im fully getting, and having a open and honest agreement with a company about the product im receiving should be the *base* guideline for a company/customer relationship. I don't hear many companies actually reach out to their customers and ask "What can we change, what would you like to see us do?" "How can we provide a better product to the customer." So here i am giving my honest answer about what gives me guff in this game when i have put in money.

I don't have a better answer for how you would do the loot boxes. An idea would be to possibly provide the membership with a plentiful free access to them or revamp how you distribute a lot of your paid content with your membership and daybreak cash. I don't have a one size fits all solution for that, and honestly im not here to *fix your game* that is your job as a company. I would just like to see positive change on a system that i have seen boondoggle its way into way too many games over the last decade that honestly has left me to echew a lot of games.
  18. NaturesRemedyxX New Player

I'm sure this isn't possible but in general I would love to see character transfer at least for the PC/PS4&5 players. I only mention those two because they are currently the only ones able to play together. I've played since 2011 on Playstation and would love to transfer over to PC. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would pay for this service.
    • Like x 3
  19. superFATIH New Player

Running old content for rewards or the ability to solo old content and make it harder would be a paradise to me.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I have a sneaking suspicion that as a child you asked Santa for things like a pet Lion, an actual F-16 Fighter Jet or a functional Iron Man suit. I could be wrong, but not likely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.