Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dubb Lantern, May 9, 2021.

1. Own Dsg Level 30

You think something ending 9999 grinds your gears?
    Then you gonna hate me.

I only sell items that I have a lot of.
    I'm talking about an abundance of.

So if I list an item at, say, 999999 and when I check on it later someone else has come to list that item at 999998, I will list 5 of that item at 999997.

Then I'll check again later. If someone has put 1 or 5 at 999996, I'll put 10 in at 999995.

Hate me yet?
    • Like x 1
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think we can all agree the OP can be summed up with:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I get being obstinate....I like doing things like that myself sometimes...In the end what does this gain you? Likely you will be eating all but the lowest single one, so you'll eat the listing fee on the other 15 you listed. While it's not a lot at 1 mil, on bigger items or done constantly, in the end you are losing money. Sorry, but when my proving a point ends up impacting me more than it impacts the other guy (with much time and money wasted) it's past the point where I care.

By the way...no one will hate you for doing that...we'll never know it was you in the first place.
  4. Own Dsg Level 30

Oh please, these are items I have a ton xof that people Will buy regardless of how many is there in the broker.

Usually in the scenario I posted above if I list them in the morning, in the evening they'd be All gone.
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Well the two aren't mutually exclusive lol
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Because of this thread, I purposely spent over 400mill in broker fees listing a bunch of items $1 less than the cheapest one. I only expect to recoup about half lol
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So why not list all 16 at once? If they will all sell anyway (meaning that the other 2 undercutters will also sell), why repeatedly go back to the broker to check if you are undercut and re-undercut? Also as they are all going to sell anyway, who cares if you are undercut by a buck...what does it matter?

BTW...I'm not sure the OP was about this kind of bulk selling of regular common goods. I'd guess it was more for when you see something like a top level collection piece at 176,000,000 and then someone pops in with 175,999,999.

Anyway, the good news is that like it or hate it, you do yours...I'll do mine...and the OP can do it how he pleases. If it works for you, super-duper. Free market at it's best IMHO.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I did notice all your $1 less items yesterday and said to myself...."man...that Errl...He's one crazy bastich!...he got us good".

Oh...wait...I didn't even go in the broker yesterday. So... Uh....congratulations? You sure showed us....I guess.
    • Like x 3
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Im showing the world... one dollar less at a time.

By they way...just logged in, I actually got all my money back plus a bill. Still waiting on 3 more items to sell. Im going to do this all the time now. Thank you DCUO community. Your sensitivity is making me even more rich
    • Like x 2
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

all i keep thinking when i see this thread is 999,999 luft balloons.
    • Like x 2
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'll always and I mean always price match the lowest guy. So if the fourth guy is selling the item for 500 thousand, guess what? I'll sell it for 500 thousand. I'll never sell it for 499.999 or heck like so many others do for 450000 or hey 275000 cause why not? Who doesn't like selling stuff for way cheaper to screw the others on top? If you look at a broker listing and see a duplicate price at the bottom it's probably me guys. If there's only one other person who's selling I price match regardless if I think the price is too much or not. I find undercutting pretty annoying. Why can't we all be fair and make money together? Perhaps an item really is worth 1 mil and ten people are entitled to get their million when ten others pay for them. Why make the top guy lose his broker fee when five other jokers beneath him sells it for a fraction cause "hehe breaking DCUO economy is fun"?
  12. Own Dsg Level 30

You're missing the point.
    It's to wind people like OP up.
    Like how it is now winding you up.
  13. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

You’re not winding me up. I didn’t buy a single thing from you.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sure...but you made a thread about this...so just seeing it annoys you. You may not want to give Own Dsg the satisfaction of admitting that he riled you up, but the existence of this pointless thread says otherwise.
  15. myandria Item Storage

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. myandria Item Storage

Oh, well; I guess my bargain bin items will have to be purchased by someone else. No biggie.
  17. myandria Item Storage

Oh, not at all; while you are chasing those nine's and one's around I will have posted the same item for 10k, sold it quickly, and moved on to put more items in my bargain bins while farming for more to sell. Best to keep the inventory space rotated, as we do not get much of it in this game.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

How dare you not lose money by undercutting everything else by more than 50%, you're an awful person :p
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How's it getting me wound up? I actually said "you do yours"...meaning keep doing what you are doing. It's not for me to understand the madness...if it works for you, do it. Feel free to list how you want, no matter how savvy or stupid it is. Again, free market allows that...and it's a good thing, just like Dubb is free to avoid the 1 dollar undercuts. BTW...to wind me up doing it, that would mean that I had to go back in after listing something to see your undercut....I don't. I fire and forget. If I get an item back 3 days later, I relist it...or donate it...or delete it, depends on it's value and my inventory space Undercut me away to your hearts' content...I'll never know...I have better things to do. You are the guy who is going back a few times a day to see if someone undercut you....so who's wound up?

I actually find it funny, not aggravating. Whenever I see something for a buck less and CHOOSE to buy the $1 more, I hope that other seller is like "dang....they didn't buy mine? Whyfor?...it was cheapest after all". It gives me a little chuckle....so 'thanks' if it were your sale....but we'll never know.

It really sounds like the undercutters are more wound up by the fact someone posted the post...Who cares if Dubb doesn't buy your listing on purpose? Dude ranted about something he didn't like...some agree...some don't. Still others *cough* feel the need to come in and 'boast' of how they go out of their way to do it ($1 undercut) or make sure they list items $1 more than the premium cap... And...that all accomplishes...what?

Again I ask...who's wound up here?
    • Like x 3
  20. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

Despite whatever feelings I may have for the anonymous $1 undercutters, this particular individual did nothing to rile me up.