I dont know if its good or bad - The Royal War Elite alert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jolaksi, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

By that statement you call that person that replied to me also salty ?since he „rescued“ you too? Btw im not here,i did not or intented to rescue im saying my opinion, i dont know what your mentality is that you care about winning a argument by having salty people reply rather then giving providing /valuable feedback. But i mean you dont even play the game anymore thanks for the support you provide for the game by not playing the game? Uhm

I dont care about elitists or not lmao you are delusional,
    Is there a specific reason why you leave such a big space when writing your replys trying to make it seem longer then it is?

I guess ill do that too and yea iam assuming that they are average players they are free to proof me wrong.
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Nah. I try to space out my replies to not leave a big wall of text.

It ain't for style points.
    • Like x 1
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Yikes. This is very revisionist and not inline with actual events at all. Origin Crisis and Last Laugh were both proof of the exact opposite; that the players of DCUO are [mostly] casual players and not elite/hyper competitive.

Origin Crisis was created to intentionally be superhard. It catered to the vocal minority of elitists demanding hard content and almost killed the game completely. The DLC failed miserably. It drove most of the active playerbase away from the game and it had to be patched in multiple subsequent difficulty passes to get it back to a normal difficulty level. The Devs were very transparent about the failures of Origin Crisis at the time and even spoke about it candidly at SOELive that year. Spytle even discussed it in some detail during the YouTube livestream from that time which I'm sure people could find and re-watch if they looked for it.

It likely won the bracket for a bunch of unrelated reasons but also because elitists still remember it being hard (memories are fickle); and to the rest of the players, it had a coherent story, and multiple versions of fan favourite Batman.
    • Like x 6
  4. Starblast Well-Known Player

I think aggressive words can spark bad things. For example....call me a prude but words like "Trash" and "Garbage" can just ignite gaslighting. I have been called "how are you so good with Quantum?" and others are like "STOP DYING", then they get fed up or say i have terrible burn. then someone joins and is like..."Thank you so much! :)". Sometimes complimenting their toon makes them like you. Also...these people may not be on the forums, etc. Just be nice, or say "sorry, i'm doing my best :-(" the nicest best player can even be still disliked by others. Sometimes, I see people online often and reach out when in a bind. You'd be surprised, how nice people can be. and the ones can often change their mind and end up liking you. Just...don't ask to buy you a material at the broker that is 50+ million. Just cuz i'm all dazzling with materials/outfits. doesn't mean i'm rich.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

“ average players” hahahaha i swear i stand by they shouldn’t release anymore elite content
  6. Proxystar #Perception

As I said, the content is irrelevant, it doesn't even have to be elite content, in fact at times it purposefully isn't because an elitist will often run normal content to put forth a perception of how godly they are to people they consider "noobs".

"Elitist" isn't a term used to describe a person who runs elite, it's a term used to describe someone who is a narcissistic jerk video gamer.

No one is asking you to teach a player every time you go into an instance and no one is saying your time isn't important, but be realistic, if you're pugging content or using LFG, you're playing in the realms of random.

You don't know what players are like going in, you don't know how skilled they are, you don't know what gear they have or artifacts, with that being the case you can't go in with an expectation the run is going to be 'optimal' that is a horribly misplaced expectation, if you want that run with your league or close friends you know.

You don't have to teach people but at the same time if you're not prepared to do so your choices are to either remove the problem player from the group through the kicking feature if other players agree or remove yourself, you don't however have to be an a-hole, by calling the other player trash or insulting them.

The OP wasnt called elitist because he wasnt helping every time, he was again called elitist because of the way he worded probably poorly so his post which resulted in a very dismissive attitude of players he refers to as trash, which was entirely unnecessary to his point, because it served no purpose to his point other then to unnecessarily dig at other players he sees as trash and unworthy.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Haha well said
  8. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Sure sure lol, and spytle was a disaster for this game what a good example keep it going, he had no idea of what he was doing, perfect example of someone who did not deserve his job.

Oh yeah and check DCUO census to see if fully geared elite players are very small crowd, you’ll have some good surprise keep the nonsense.

The game is low populated and there are thousands of elite players, you have an explanation? The maths are not on your side for sure.

Oh yeah and you are right casual players with 200 sp, 120 artefacts, who barely play the game barely spend money in the game bring more money than players that are here since 6years with 160-200 arts replaying raids a lot because they want the maximum skill points be the most efficient and be maxed on both roles and probably alt characters.

You guys valorising so much the casual players are hilarious, like if the very active and hardcore crowd should be neglected.

You are so right lol, casual players have the whole game for them here, and you are gonna tell me the hardest dlc in the game was bad for the game, your logic is not right.
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm gonna bite on this one.

-If there are thousands of elite players, why not run with them instead of pugs?
    -If there are thousands of elite players, why then does the OP say that this alert is not shouted for very much? Surely the thousands of players would be wanting to run this 'beautiful' alert no? :rolleyes:
    -If there are thousands of elite players; why did you suggest that players need to run with their 'leagues and close friends' back when you first replied to this thread?
    -Your talking about math & the census app to bring up elite players, but you haven't listed one toon; not even one.

And be dismissive as you will about whether or not OC's difficulty was the cause, the fact of the matter is DCUO was changed from a hardcore game to a much more casual and relaxed one. Capsules & Artifacts are here for a reason; because if you guys came in the thousands and spent as much as your making it out to be, DCUO would still be a subscription based game; but it's not.

You can talk math, but the facts aren't on your side.

Regardless, there ain't a person here saying that Hardcore people like you and the other dudes in this thread should be neglected; even the devs themselves know this.
    They brought back SM.
    They keep Elite Content.

They have everything normal or event wise for those of us who don't bother, and that's fine as is.

We aren't valorizing anything, OC just wasn't that successful and hardcore players aren't this game's saving grace like your making it out to be. It's like how people were voting the Last Laugh in the polls, Last Laugh sold like garbage; but if it were kept in; it probably could've came in 2nd place or've beaten OC.

People have their reasons, but the polling is more indicative of how popular the episode was; not necessarily how successful it was.

As far as Hardcore people go: Yall help a lot, but casuals for as much as you people snub'em; they also help with the game a lot too.

Being dismissive or gatekeeping one crowd of players over the other is dumbfounding. Let the game keep giving everyone what they desire; it's the best route for everyone involved.

Like for me... I don't ever see a reason to run Elite. Because the gear becomes irrelevant as soon as the next episode comes out, why would I bother? Elite & SM has it's perks and it's there for you guys; it just ain't for me.

There's zero valorising the 'casuals' or if there is; it's because you guys keep changing the goal post or definition of what ya originally said.
    ( I mean first it's hundreds of elite players, now it's thousands; and again.. you mentioned people should run with their leagues & close friends; but if there's so many elites that idea and this thread isn't necessary. And there's a lot of casual players, more so than your letting on there.) when everyone is merely asking/telling you and the OP to stop berating everyone else for how they prefer to play DCUO; or if you keep having an attitude towards players like the OP does; you'll reap what you sow and you'll still get called an elitist much to your dismay.

Let people play DCUO how they want. The ignore options there if the experience with some people ain't your cup of tea; there's zero need to be toxic or dismissive about it, this is the forums; not yall's youtube channels.
    • Like x 4
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

To avoid the pissing contest I think the alert is tough but mostly fair. Aquaman is just paying attention to mechanics and positioning and while the Queen Diana and Zoom fight have some rng to them they are doable with a good group.
    • Like x 1
  11. Robotsidekick Active Player

12. Robotsidekick Active Player

Do you think this game has a skill gap? this is not a serious competitive game.. it's beyond my imagination that people are taking it so seriously. There is no "average player" and "elite player" there is guy who paid more and learned pre school mechanics and those who did not.
    • Like x 2
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Im fine with that actually i think trying to satisfy both sides doesnt work just go with the average players and complety remove elite and see how that does if it does well go ahead if it doesnt do well they should know what people want.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

I mean if there are people that can 4 man elite raids and there are people that cant finish it with 8 then yea theres alot of gap
  15. zNot Loyal Player

And what you say has nothing with the elite raid difficulty keep on trying to change the subject since you got no arguments the community voted for origin crisis which is recently its fresh your old info from 8 years ago arent relevant compared to the recent pool votes.

The bugs etc that occured during origin crisis were a main reason the difficulty wasnt the issue the issue was that they did not release 2 difficultys we had only one,if they would do 1 difficulty again the community would react the same way your arguments are actually useless against origin crisis succes, btw what you wrote there has already been said in the past as a argument and it makes no sense the glitches etc have nothing to do with the point im trying to make.

Tell me then why do you think the Episode won?
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You are assuming to much. You keep saying people voted for origin crisis because it was hard. You’ve said that multiple times. Did you actually talk to everyone who voted?

We’re the raids challenging and fun in origin crisis? Absolutely. I loved them. Was the thaw reason that’s my favorite episode? Absolutely not. That’s my favorite dlc because of nostalgia. It’s the last dlc that I remember before gu36 when they tried to force AMs down people throats. It was before they gutted HL where it remained for a while. It was one of the last good raids before they took the easy way out and just added one shots as their difficulty barrier. For a lot of people origin crisis marked the beginning of the new dcuo so for a lot of people origin crisis is nostalgic.

Yes I loved the raids from that dlc but it’s not the main reason I loved it. Nostalgia is a major factor for a lot of people.
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Well proofed my point once agin you admitted yourself despite all of the bugs/glitches it won i guess it did something right?

That episode won the devs probably know why,some people though cant deal with the fact that the episode with the highest raid difficulty won
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again you are very blind. I agree that origin won and you took it as you being right? That’s rather ridiculous. It didn’t win because people liked the difficulty as you said. I clearly said it won because of nostalgia and you somehow ignore all that just to get to the part that you were right about part of it?
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

No salty guy,you admitted you liked the raids thats my point Origin crisis won mostly because of the raids thats how i see it and how most people that i seen agree on this deal with them facts.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You literally have a bunch of people telling you it’s not because of the raid and you still can’t even consider that it might be because of other factors. Yes I liked the raid. But you took that into your mind and warped it into believing that I agreed that the difficulty was why people liked that dlc. You are the one warping what people say to meet your narrative and you say I’m the salty one? You are delusional
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.