I dont know if its good or bad - The Royal War Elite alert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jolaksi, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolaksi Well-Known Player

No thats the thing. Im not going harsh on people who trying to do their job even if they fail. Like I said, the problem is players who intentionally doing the wrong thing cuz they think what they are doing is right. Even after explaining the whats wrong and right to pass "whatever" mechanic they refuse do it or dont want to cooperate.

Yeap. Thats what I do after our first encounter.

Well you are looking from a different perspective then. The point Im making with this thread is they did good job making this elite alert "challenging" enough and with that not everyone can run/beat it until they reach a certain level/experience. That was it.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

All of which could have been said without mentioning players you find too be trash, the point you appear to be missing.
    • Like x 3
  3. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Okay dont twist my words. I like I said theres no issue with player who trying their best but failing on whatever they do. Thats normal.

The ones who ignore, doesnt care or refuse to do whats required to get pass a mechanic, those are the trash ones. And I think telling what they are doing wrong to their face is more constructive than just sitting and shutting up. They need to face it.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I personally think the alert should stay the way it is and hope future elite alerts are just as hard as long as they offer elite raids. With that said, I personally haven’t beat them. I don’t run with elitist players (don’t want to). For the most part I run content with friends in the game. And they aren’t all the best best of the best but they are good people. I’m Mac renown from doing both raids. I did and beat both raids multiple time and finished up my renown from the daily duos. The elite alert I have only gotten to the last boss. Am I gonna stress about not beating it? Definitely not. I’d rather run content with friends than spend time running content with elitist just to prove I’m good.

That doesn’t mean I want the difficulty lowered. I’m ok with not being able to beat it atm. Eventually I’ll get my league to beat it. Until then it’s just a game and I’ll spend my time having fun and letting the elitist enjoy their time too
    • Like x 3
  5. Scytthe Well-Known Player

stop with that ridiculous word that makes no sense « elitist », people want to complete stuff not waste hours in content.
  6. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Oh a struck a nerve with you tough, i'm entitled to my opinion and word usage. If you don't like what I say you can just ignore me, but whatever exactly how hard is it teach a person mechanics in the long run, the playerbase will improve it capability which means less bad groups it simple logic. If you can't understand that then I do weep for community with you leading the helm being the selfish kind don't reply I just won't read it and quite frankly I don't give damn about your opinion in my world.
    • Like x 3
  7. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Cool story bruh
  8. Proxystar #Perception

That depends on how you're delivering that message 'to their face'. With all due respect, if it's anything like what you're doing in this thread then it's probably unsurprising they're reacting negatively.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Elitist applies to yall perfectly. Your attitudes are what people are talking about when they refer to Elitism; you act like your above teaching players when your mad that they don't follow a certain mechanic or asking why they don't learn from leagues or close friends...

Bruh do I need to remind you that this game has....
    Looking
    For
    Group.

All bets are off, your running with regular people; not your mega OP friends that just got off the PC test server and know everything in and out.

If your unwilling to teach players or tolerate them for just running the instance the first time and not knowing what to do, then maybe you should follow your own advice and run this alert with only your league and friends?

Just saying, your own advice applies better to you than it does to these people.

Also: If people want in and out of content, Elite is about the last thing they'll be touching. They'll run the event or Reg if they want to get it done nice and fast.

Further explaining the elitism in this thread:

The OP's thread is titled "I don't know if it's good or bad" but he already confirmed in his post that he likes the idea of Elite gatekeeping these "Trash players" out of his "Beautiful content even if it's free."

Now anyone reading the OP's intital reply would make it seem like he was snubbing people who only ran the normal version of the Alert and not the Elite(Bad Start.)

He later clarified it was him praising the content difficulty because he ran into players whom weren't trying to do the mechanics; which that's less on the content being difficult and just on those players for perhaps trying to burn through everything?

Like the others said, ignoring them and moving on is the better option; but nah.. go beyond and make a PSA about it right?

If you can't make out the snubbing that's going on, I ain't painting the picture clearer for you. Lowkey, yall's replies remind me of this one guy who was all about "ELITE AND COMPETENT GROUPS BRO"..(If you remember him when he was on the forums, ya get a cookie lol.)
    • Like x 6
  10. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Thank you someone who understands and has common sense thank goodness people like you exist in the game(?) and forums makes the community a lot less bleak.
    • Like x 2
  11. Scytthe Well-Known Player

You seem to do not understand one thing, people will not go in elite alert every single day with people who don’t know the mechanics for the alert.

No need to type a wall of text and no need to call me an elitist, first you don’t know if I’m explaining to other players how to complete a raid or how to kill a boss. So once again keep your nonsense word elitist out of this tread, I’ve been facing elitist players who would not take me into a raid because I did not have 200 arts, this is an elitist.

A person who don’t want to waste his time every single day to explain people how to finish an instance or a raid isn’t an elitist, it can be someone who don’t want to spend douzen of minutes or even 1 hour to finish something.

So keep your assumptions for yourself.

Im playing countless of elite raids every week, when I want to run them for the first time, if the group leader tell me he does not want me because I don’t know the mechanics, I’m not gonna call him an elitist like a crybaby like you, I’m just gonna open YouTube or ask friends the mechanics, and magically I can find groups now.

And guess what? I’m not gonna waste people time there, because you know maybe they wanted to complete the raid quick and they did not want to waste time to explain everything.

When you use a word like elitist atleast know what the word means, the word elitist in a video game refers to someone who want to play only with the best players or the absolute fully geared players, so yes you definitely don’t know what elitist means.

Cheers
  12. Proxystar #Perception

BigDad.... I mean what. :D
    • Like x 2
  13. zNot Loyal Player

I find it funny that you as a non-elitists somebody that probably doesnt know the game aswell as „elitists“ do wanna come and put a bad light on „elitists“ meanwhile ignoring the average players on the live servers that curse around when somebody tried to tells them or tries to teach them something because they cant get more dps output then a Troll or avoid mechanics little kids would even react to such average players come in the forums and talk about elite difficulty.

Do you think elitists never help people out? Many people these days are very bad at the game because the content has been made so easy as soon as something challenging comes up they cant even do 1+1=2 tasks and cry for nerfs!

Also dude the content being free has NOTHING to do with the difficulty it has already been confirmed by the devs stop being salty because you havent managed to beat the elite alert yet.

There is a reason why the Episode (Origin crisis) with the 2 hardest raids won the episode bracket list thousands voted for it deal with them facts, because people want very hard (Elite raid) content kinda funny when people that cant finish content wanna come and talk about elitists, average players on the forums= talking much on the forums but low skilled at playing the game.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Actually yes, elitists don't help people out, if you're actually helping people then you're incredibly unlikely to be an elitist.

Not all players that play elite are elitists and not all elitists even play elite.

Elitists are just players who are narcissistic jerks, they wander around lording their sense of superiority over others and looking down on everyone or other people they believe are unworthy of their acceptance for little reason other than wanting to exude their self annointed sense of superiority.

The reason the OP in this particular thread for example was questioned about "elitism" was because of his/her seemingly flagrant attitude towards other players he/she perceived to be "trash" and "undeserving" that is an 'elitist' attitude.

Elitists also don't help other people, certainly not people they don't accept, meaning almost certainly not random people in LFG groups.

You might not be a particularly friendly person, but if you're trying to actually help someone, then there's a good chance you're not an elitist.
    • Like x 5
  15. Scytthe Well-Known Player

People who want to finish content fast, who are themself learning strategies and mechanics before going for the first time into elite content so they are not wasting time of other people are elitist yeah we get you man. Keep your nonsense going m8.

And if you don’t want to go EVERY day into elite content with players who actually don’t know the content doesn’t mean you are not helping and never helping, more nonsense from you. It doesn’t make you an elitist either

I don’t support elitist and I’m not one but they’re are elitist that can help, not helping at all and helping when it’s required but not every single time you play something are different things.

What you are describing are just jerks.

I see you in every single thread about elite content acting like a white knight in favor of ppl who don’t want the game to become harder because it’s already too hard for them, it’s elite content for a reason.
    Due to the fact that you are in every single of this tread, serious question are you playing elite content? I dunno since you are always complaining about it.

2nd question are you playing FFE stage 4 and stage 5? If yes are you going there with people who don’t know the mechanics? Are you going there with players using wrong artefacts, wrong white mods? CERTAINLY not.

If these people end up being in your group for stage 5 are you gonna say hey wait guys I’m gonna explain to this guy wich white mods he needs to use and what artefact to replace? Certainly not.

Do you want to finish the raid ? certainly yes, will you finish stage 5 with people who don’t know what they’re doing and require you to explain them what to do? NOP. Will you finish the raid in less than 1 hour if you have to explain them everything? CERTAINLY not.

Will you do stage 5 and take people that need you to teach them the game and mechanics every time you run the raid? Certainly not.

SO NOW does it make you an elitist the next time you go in a stage 5 raid if you want in your group only experienced players so you can finish the raid in less than 2 hours? The answe is no, then it’s the same for the elite alert.

So don’t forget the next time you go into a very hard raid when you make a group of only experienced players so you can clear the raid in less than 2 hours, just remember proxystar that you are an elitist for not taking people who don’t know the mechanics and don’t know what to do.

Once again the Op doesn’t want to help every single time he goes into the elite alert (he would be really really crazy and sadomasochist), does it means he’s never helping? No absolutely not, so why people called him an elitist in his thread and you agree with that? I’m not sure who’s acting wrong here maybe the one calling him elitist.

Cheers
    • Like x 1
  16. zNot Loyal Player

People are just here to fish for likes and are scared of high elite raid difficulty, its always the same people that defend easy elite content since i joined the forum,meanwhile hundreds on live want it harder and thousands voting for the Episode with the highest raid difficulty (Origin crisis) i guess the devs rate 5 likes on the forums more then the opinion of the twitter poll and liveservers.
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Dude, did you like actually read my reply at all or where you desperately trying to rope me in with these guys in a very awful attempt to strawman me?

Observe.

1.) I've never ever said that every single Elitist don't help people out. In my reply to the other dude, he said "Why don't they learn the content from their league and close friends; not everybody's here to teach."

I responded with "If you think you are above teaching people, why don't you follow your own advice and just run with your league and close friends?"

Bad Strawman, and first sign ya didn't read my reply.

2.) Where am I getting salty that I didn't beat the elite alert? I said if most people want in and out, they'll complete regular.

I also ain't complaining about episodes being free, I'm pro+free episodes as long as they make more MP styles and stuff to generate more revenue.

When I mentioned that, it was the OP's post complaining about players not following mechanics. I specifically mentioned that it was the OP(The Original Poster) whom said that.

Again, Bad Strawman.

"There is a reason why the Episode (Origin crisis) with the 2 hardest raids won the episode bracket list thousands voted for it deal with them facts, because people want very hard (Elite raid) content kinda funny when people that cant finish content wanna come and talk about elitists, average players on the forums= talking much on the forums but low skilled at playing the game."
    Again, I ain't complaining.
    Learn to read and put your ego at the door, your trying too hard to strawman me as someone who's wanting elite to be nerfed or to be easy; when in reality I've argued against players whom were wanting the best rewards from elite without actually running it.
    It's funny because anyone who doesn't think of themselves as an "elitist" then goes to make an ignorant comment like "Average players on the forums=talking too much on forums but low skilled at playing the game."
    Again, snubbing people.
    Again, Naracissim.
    Again, ignorant.
    Again... There's been many people who've 4 manned the elite raid and posted it on here and they deserve credit.

Congratulations man, you proved you know how to put words in my mouth and again prove why we need to label people like yourselves as an elitist.

Because all the things you claimed I said, I never actually did.

Keep Strawmanning people please, I'll gladly debunk more.
    • Like x 5
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

That's not what people are here for.

People ain't fishing for likes because they want content to be easier.

People are going off because guys like you are being extremely toxic with your attitudes.

Ain't nobody here saying we want the content to be nerfed or be made easier, stop posting that strawman; it ain't working.

This thread started out as the OP praising the developers for Elite Content's difficulty, but in reality; It's not the difficulty of the content. It's the fact he was running with players that didn't know what they were doing apparently.

Nobody would have a problem with the dude just running with bad players, but he put words like "Trash." and talked about his "Beautiful Elite Content."

The other dude was suggesting that players should have to learn with their leagues & close friends first, when he's literally running a PUG group. Pug group means you have to deal with random players, otherwise he should follow his own advice.

As for you, your strawmanning all forum players as "low skilled." and are implying that some kind of favoritism is going around here with the forums being preferred over a twitter poll; which has never been the case.

If all of you don't want to be labeled as an elitist, then it's up to you to stop carrying the baggage with your replies.
    • Like x 6
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Theres nobody going off apart from the same person that keeps on replying to me to fish for likes from average players to topics that involves difficulty.

You are a retired player how come you are still on the forums?

Btw you seem extremly salty strawmann.
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm the one who's salty?
    I ain't the one coming to the rescue of those who got called an elitist.

I ain't the one demanding people to stop calling me an elitist.

I ain't making comments about "Devs prefer forum people's 5 likes over twitter polls."

I ain't sitting here calling forum players average.

I'm 'retired' but I still check the forums to see what's going on or see if anything'll get me to come back to the game like I once enjoyed it. People can take breaks from MMOs and come back, it happens.

And if a thread like this catches my attention; I'll give my 0.02 on it regardless if ya see it as "fishing" or not.

Have a nice day.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.