RNG On Gear?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darth_Andrea, May 10, 2021.

1. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

I have a toon that's in the 320's CR and it seems every piece of gear I open, mission award or TC gear box, it's opening at 3 to 5 levels below my current gear levels. What the RNG on the drop rate because I'm getting highly frustrated on trying to raise my CR on this toon.
  2. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Chances are you have some kind of gear holding your increased back, have you checked your rings, neck, face pieces, or even weapon? If those are really low it can hold you back from getting increases in gear.
    • Like x 2
  3. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

I have that happen when I have one or more pieces that are a few levels below the rest. i.e. I buy the newest weapon and say my necklace is still 5 or 6 levels lower as is my shoulders... all the gear will be screwed up level-wise coming from all boxes then. I just hang on to the box now until I replace the "offending" gear piece.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You should only open pieces that replace your worst piece (DPS or Role if you run both). The boxes open to an average, one bad piece can be dragging your average down, especially if it's the weapon, legs, chest or head. It takes a bit to get a lucky drop to get that piece, or you can purchase that one piece you need from the vendor, but there is NO rng for the cr of an opened piece. It scales to the average with Greens being at the average Blues, +1, purples +2 and I believe TC/Avatar(quark) gear being +3. Of course only up until the max cr for the piece....they can never go over that, regardless of the current average.

The good news is that if you open 10 boxes to finally get that say...legs...once you apply it, you will likely already have the next piece you need to replace in the 9 other pieces.
    • Like x 5
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are you wearing the Legion Flight Ring or Speed force Ring?
  6. inferno Loyal Player

I would also check the range of the gears you are opening, it might be capped at the earlier level.
    • Like x 2
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

https://odyssey-gaming.netlify.app/cr-calculator

This will help you calculate the CR of the gear you open. Plug in your overall CR at the bottom and if the box is not going to be an upgrade...hold off on opening it until it will be. If there is a particularly low piece holding you back, you can get it off the vendor and start leapfrogging.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I pretty much have to keep an eye out for what I need CR wise for my gear. As I'm leveling out I make sure to pay attention to what I need. If my waist is the lowest of my gear I keep an eye out for purple loot drops of belts OR when I buy gold gear in the vendor or capsule gear I make sure to get waist first. Also I make sure to concentrate on the big ones like Weapons, Chest, Legs etc. I'll never pick gear pieces of ones I have OP for or break out trinkets or green tier etc. If I have to I'll save a gear box if I know I won't go up in CR yet I'll wait till the others do. You just gotta be systematic with how you gear up your CR. But in any case worse case scenario any gear that's too low in CR at least will be salvaged and put into Augments which I still see as a necessity regardless.
    • Like x 1
  9. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Neither, looking over my gear it may be my neck, but I haven't gotten one to drop in a while .. will try again tomorrow after all my stuff resets >.<
    • Like x 2
  10. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Almost.
    Green is average + 1.
    Blue is +2.
    Purple is +3.
    TC/Avatar Bombardier is +4. Not all TC gear may apply (at some point I was getting different numbers out of regular and enhanced boxes for some weird reason) , but Avatar Bombardier definitely does. :oops:
    • Like x 1