Urgent Warfronts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elijah Seed, May 10, 2021.

1. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I'm just curious - this is not a complaint - how difficult would it be to have the episodes listed be listed in order of release instead of in alphabetical order as they are now? Maybe simply add the episode number at the beginning of each entry to make it easier to more quickly port to the episode content we want. There are 40 now even though I don't see 40 listed. Right now, I have to go to the FEATS window, scroll to EPISODES and then look for the episode I want to content there and then look for that in the Urgent Warfronts lists.

Since I am not well versed in DCUO content it's fairly tedious to get where I want to go.

A minor issue to be sure. Still, including episode numbering in the Urgent Warfronts list would be a NICE QoL change.

Thank you.
    • Like x 5
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It used to be that way, listed in order of release...people asked for it to be in Alphabetical order. Years later we finally got it. The way it's listed now is Alphabetical order with the last two or three episodes listed in release order at the top. According to the Devs it's not an easy thing to do...which is why we still haven't gotten Bases listed in alphabetical order.
  3. kingmonkey Active Player

You're half right, Khalon. Most of them were listed by release, with a chunk of them separately alphabetized on top of the list. I'm happy they went with any kind of absolute order (alphabetic is fine by me) rather than the mix of the two that didn't work before.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While it wouldn't be a bad thing, I'd guess if they did put them in by episode order, some people would be confused by that and want ti in alphabetical. Personally I like them in release-reverse order, so Lightning strikes at the bottom....Flashpoint, Legion and WV at the top. In theory, that's where much of the playerbase is probably going to do 'current' missions.

And you don't see 40 listed as some DLCs didn't really have a 'warfront'. Many of the monthly eps especially, but BFE, HOF, HomeTurf, Last Laugh, Origin Crisis had none, or some like AF1//2 shared the same spots.
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Yes, please. I've been meaning to post about this.

I don't know how it was sorted but the order before was all over the place. But the new alphabetical order isn't as useful as it could be either because it's forcing us to scroll all over the place depending on how the location is spelled. I'd like to see the order changed from current to latest at the top and appending episode # to the beginning of the location.

So instead of:
    31st Century Metropolis
    xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx

It would be:
    Episode 40: Flashpoint Gotham
    Episode 39: 31st Century Metro
    Episode 38: Patchwork Themyscira
    and so on.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Let's extend this request to allow us to filter all teleporter locations however we choose. Want alphabetical? Done. Want release date? Done. Want to Alphabetize bases based on User or Base Name? Want to filter bases by League-Members-First? I would give Daybreak 50$ now to be able to filter players bases today and forever. Why don't you want my money?
    • Like x 3
  7. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

This is what I had in mind except I would abbreviate the word "Episode" to "Ep. X." But Apollonia's example is what I had in mind - simple and straight to the point.
    • Like x 1
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Short forms would work for me also. :)
  9. Moira New Player

More proof that they care about "convenience" for older players than new players. I'm sitting here regretting spending my points on this teleport cause I'm so confused to which warfronts are for my level... it doesn't even have a level to tell me which one so I go to one, waste my time cause it's like level 40 grrr.

I shouldn't have to sit here trying to figure out where to go and the wiki pages for these areas are not helpful at all and don't say what CR it's for either so I have to like dig even deeper.

I really want my daybreak coins back cause this is literally a waste for me

Everything is catered to older players, heck a new player cannot even go into a dang mission without some level 340 carrying the whole thing and you're just standing there basically cause by the time you did like 1 attack this level 340 has cleared the whole room.

THIS GAME IS SO ANTI-NEW PLAYER ITS UNBELIEVABLE.
  10. Moira New Player

By the way, here is a list I complied after a few hours of research, I hope it helps you and anyone else who reads this thread in the future.

I put them from lowest starting SR, to the highest according to the research I did. Sadly was unable to find the max level for some of the Warfronts, if anyone knows feel free to reply to help others who are struggling with this :)

Doomed Metropolis (10-262)
    Central City (CR 43-64)
    Gotham Wastelands (CR 84) no info on the max level, assuming 104
    Metropolis Battlezone (CR 84-104)
    Mogo or Ranx Command Center (CR 84) no info on the max level, assuming 104
    Gotham Under Siege (CR 100) no info on max level, assuming 116
    Themyscira Command Post (CR 100-116)
    New Genesis (CR 111-148)
    Typhon's Monster Invasion (CR 166-198)
    Time-Torn Area 51 (CR 186-218)
    War-Torn Village (CR 186-218)
    Amusement Mile's Gang War (CR 197-227)
    Earth 3 Gotham (CR 207-239)
    Central City Starro Deluge Zone (CR 218-250)
    Titan Island (CR 230-262)
    Atlantis (CR 241-273)
    Chaos Gotham (CR 253-285)
    Metal Gotham City (CR 264-296)
    Thanagar (CR 276-308)
    BoP: Metropolis (287-321)
    Patchwork Themyscira (299-331)
    31st Century: New Earth (310-342)
  11. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Shame. I really wish bases were broken up on tabs or something.
    1. Your Bases
    2. Bases you have access to that aren't yours
    3. League Bases.
    It's such a haphazard list to try and navigate as it is now. :(
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Dunno if this page would help https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/The_DCUO_Ladder or if you already used that to compile your list. Either way great list and thank you for sharing!

Maybe the urgent warfronts list just needs the relevant cr range listed after the name instead of being reorganized. I do find alphabetical very nice.

You know there is another side to this coin. I always ask in duos, if the person is lower cr than I am, if they'd like me to just kill stuff asap or hold back so they can actually experience the duo. Know how often I actually get an answer? like 5% of the time. People just won't open their mouths and say anything at all!
  13. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Gotham Under Siege has an area for what you think but it also has an area that's equivalent to Typhon's Monster Invasion (if you're not careful exploring). Themyscira Command Post connects to both areas due to the fact that Gotham Under Siege is used for multiple DLCs (all of Amazon Fury, which starts as low as around CR 100 for Part 1 but ends as CR 166+ for Part 3).

Perhaps, there's been a change with Urgent Warfronts, but it used to be that you didn't have access to areas that are outside of the CR range of the toon. Therefore, it was never an issue of worrying about levels because if my toon couldn't handle it, it wasn't even an option.
  14. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Hey there! I'm the culprit for getting the Urgent Warfront mod ordered alphabetically!
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/devs-choose-one.307337/

well, that's not entirely true, I said the best scenario would be to have two versions of the mod: Alphabetical and Chronological, but if not, just stick to one order instead of the mess back then.
    When I wrote that last year (geez took that long to make it happen!) it was the latest ones in chronological order and the rest in alphabetical:
    Personally I prefer alphabetical since I remember which maps corresponds to which episode but now that we have that, I think other people getting a chronological version would be nice!
    The mod is still functioning as you described, that aspect was not modified.

Still, I did suggest in my link above that the Warp Menu provides access to maps that are within that character's cr relevancy (that aren't necessarily from the latest episode), maybe that would suit Moira's liking?
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes, it's an unbelievable task to think that a new player would try and familiarize themselves with the areas of the game. BTW, as you can only see the Urgent Warfronts you actually can access, that means you likely used a skip to go to higher levels. Otherwise, as you progressed, new areas would show up on the list, so it would not be such a daunting task looking at all of them for the first time, all options open.

While I do agree the list was better in DLC/CR order as it was, a new player just might want to know the areas of the game and what's applicable to them regardless.

Nice list though (2nd post). I'm sure someone is grateful you put it together.
    • Like x 2
  16. Shalayah Committed Player

For players that don’t like to be carried it definitely sucks to run content and you aren’t really useful to any group, and that’s one reason why I was against CR skips. It takes players away from building their characters up and now they can pretty much one shot everything just by spending money to buy themselves to endgame. Now you have all these high CR players running lower end content and not that many low crs running low end content.
  17. Moira New Player

I didn't use a skip, I got all the information for what warfronts are on the urgent Warfront Mod VIA the fandom website and then spent 2 hrs trying to find out the CR max ranges.

My CR is currently about 230 (approx) have not even been buying any gears really with my sourcemarks as someone on the discord told me to save them up (though I used a bunch of my points on a soder someone told me to buy and I ranked it up with those sourcemarks) so I've been leveling pretty slow, but I did buy the teleport when I was around level 200, so there is so many places already on it, which was already overwhelming for someone like me, I have uhm ADHD and Asperger's, which is why I made that list, but I'm sure other new players can be overwhelmed with so much infomation, because lets be honest, most people off the bat are not going to buy the teleport right after they begin playing the game.

Also I didn't really enter any of those teleports at HoD until I was like 80ish CR cause I didn't know there were ones for my levels as I tried so many at the hall of doom and they would always say some insane level.

U can check out my steam account and see my first achievement was back at the end of April 2021
    This week on DC I put over 169 hours in DCUO in the past 2 weeks. and since late april (when I first began playing the game like 6-7 weeks ago I put over 500 hours! cause I'm a no life. I am really a new player, just trying to figure out what stuff I'm doing.
    Sure I'm not a "new player" as in began yesterday, but I consider 6 weeks still new, and i'm still not max level, nowhere near.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Traci/games/?tab=recent
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Congats on putting in the work and joining the 'no life' crew. I just fail to see how looking into where the spots on the mod point to is that much MORE work. I'd guess it took 2x as long to type the list vs look it up. As I said your list was nice, and probably will help someone else out too....so good on you for that. I guess I just don't believe that I'd get that upset if I were in your shoes. Personally I like familiarizing myself with a game I just started, it makes me feel like I'm 'learning' something on my own vs being spoon fed in some way. There are tons of feats, techniques and different methodologies in this game (like CR leveling, loadouts, augments and artis to apply....and yes, locations to go to), so learning what they are and how they are done make you a better player. Enjoy the journey. Sorry to hear about your particular circumstance maybe adding some tension, but you made it through....congrats. Whatever doesn't kill us....right?

BTW. If you were complaining about something I'd have thought it would be the HOD teleporter layout much more than the urgent warfronts. I've been playing the game for 8 years or so and still sometimes get aggravated in there.:eek:

Now, that all having been said, I do think the proper sort for the mod would be back to the DLC order in descending order, newest to oldest. That way, someone like you that has limited access (230 would get you to something like Titans Island I think) would know the top one is 'current' the one below is close, the 3rd one might be still in relevancy, but everything else is probably 'old'. I guess the addition of CR Relevancy numbers would be nice in either format (alpha or DLC order), but alpha alone makes almost no sense. I honestly think adding the abbreviation for the DLC it pertains to might also help (like add AF1/2 to "Gotham Under Siege" or TT to "Titans Island", AOJ to "War Torn Village" and "Time Torn Area 51") as many people will be hitting the mod the first time after using a skip....meaning almost all of it is out of relevancy already.

Either way, all good in the hood, but if you still are feeling like the Mod is not worth the effort and trouble (it's one of my most frequently used ones actually), I'll ship you a new urgent warfronts you can sell to recoup your money AND a "Superman Statue" so you can socket it over the Urgent Warfronts mod you have in now so you no longer need to deal with it. I'd guess you do see the value in it now though, so let me know if you want the mods.

PS...thank your Discord buddy. Yes, save your source, you will need them for things other than power CR leveling...do that with drop gear. And that bottled city soder is a very good place to start. One of the better artifacts they made and one of the easiest to max out quick.