Guess The Next Episode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, May 5, 2021.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

If it is leading to Metal, I'd find it disappointing. More Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman variants. My ideas...

+ Give us a Shazam DLC with a Fawcett City. Have everything look like CC Beck style.

+ A funny animal DLC with Captain Carrot, the Super pets, Ace the Bat-Hound, etc... This could tie in with Mr. Myx and Bat-Mite.

+ A Warlord sword/sorcery type of DLC might be nice. There was even a pretty good storyline when Warlord shows up on Oliver Queen's doorstep.

[IMG]
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Hopefully it’s a Teen titans go episode!!!
  3. Robotsidekick Active Player

If it's as bad as the last two it doesn't really matter. Recent alerts have been shite and super short, weak story, boss fights lazily stitched together.
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I want Mallah & The Brain to make their combat debut in the next dlc :p they’ve been reduced to a sightseeing feat for enough years
    • Like x 1
  5. Panderus Senior Producer

Only if the Ruffles sponsorship goes through.
    • Like x 6
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I'm hoping it will be a Flashpoint proper episode that coincides with a reboot of the open world leveling experience.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Potato powerset confirmed.
    • Like x 1
  8. Wildcat Committed Player

Was hoping for a time travel DLC.. You know... The Flash can travel in time... Reverse Flash too.. better writing?
    Captain Atom and Major Force?
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Henry Bendix has invaded Earth and is manipulating the multiverse for an unknown reason. Using Daemons from JLD to attack civilians. Using brainwashed duplicates of Stormwatch to attack the heroes (and villains) of Earth. The purpose for which is to weaken our Earth and use the forces of our Earth to control and invade his Earth. All of this going on means The Authority has come to us for help. To free the minds of former Stormwatch members and send Bendix packing.
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes, but Emmert is not the man with the money now, is he?
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'd really love a DLC centred around the Tunic of Greed.
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

That would be...
    Kaptain Kopter & Commander Cassidy?????

13. Great Architect Loyal Player

You have to admit that it's now impossible to believe that Batman spends his nights punching the faces of criminals in one city? And that Superman spends his evenings working out how best to lower the crime rate in Metropolis?

These are people that deal with planetary-sized issues.

So maybe they need taking down a peg or two?

I'd love to see a DLC that completely revolves around Luthor. Not as the boss (seriously, give the man a break. When was Superman or Batman an end boss recently?), but as the underlying mind behind a horrific set of mistakes that the players get a *chance* to avoid - and the fewer mistakes they make, the easier the final bosses are. The things you have to do to reduce the final boss will be clear, but not the same each time - which will stop people just googling the best way through.

6 different ways to solve 6 problems makes it overly replayable. But they have to be solvable by playing two out of the solo / duo, alert, or either of both raids.

And this just MIGHT be the villain-centric DLC we have been after. Particularly if Luthor tricks either Supes or Bats into being the bosses in each instance.
    • Like x 1
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

He still is, the new CEO doesnt directly interfere with the studio so hard.
  15. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

In ten years I have yet to see Barbara Gordon get her due. She has always been portrayed as her post injury self. With all the tech available to "fix" her or even the existing exobites that have "fallen" it would be wonderful to see a story as an episode maybe that revolves around her. Pretty much every other beloved character from the Bat family have been laid out in all their glory but "Babs" has always been a broken armchair ridden cyber geek and I don't think it's fair. We haven't even had the honor of her helm gracing us. ;) ( hint hint ) Give her the well deserved day in the sun. Maybe have her "hand off the mantle" to the next gen of hero that takes over her "watch".
  16. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

...........what?

Batfamily (2021):
    Batman
    Robin
    Alfred
    Red Robin
    Nightwing
    Red Hood
    Batgirl / Oracle
    Batwoman
    Signal
    Azrael
    Huntress
    Batwing
    Spoiler
    Orphan
    Ghostmaker

Members who make your "they've all been laid out in all their glory" statement false:
    Alfred (Not ingame)
    Red Hood (Not ingame)
    Signal (Not ingame)
    Azrael (Not ingame)
    Batwing (Not ingame)
    Spoiler (Not ingame)
    Orphan (barely ingame)
    Ghostmaker (New, so understandably not ingame yet)

Wanting a favourite character ingame is understandable. Preposterous statements isn't.

ON TOPIC-
    We already got a hint what the next episode will be. Either the next, or the one afterwards. Cyborg found the clue on Zooms body.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

My number one choice would be for a Doom Patrol dlc. Robotman, Elasti Girl, Negative Man and Crazy Jane with Danny the Street as an open world environment, the Brotherhood of Evil as our big bad and the Animal Vegetable Mineral man and Madam Rouge as our big bounties.

A Super Pets dlc. Seriously. Krypto, Ace, Streaky, Wonderdog, Teekl, Isis and Dex Starr all in one dlc. We can have a raid where were polymorphed into dogs and cats while retaining our powers and loadouts...

I wouldn't mind some sort of break from dlc spanning storylines to have one as an homage to DC comics like Showcase, Brave and the Bold and DC Comics Presents. Just a bunch of random content featuring a broad mix of characters. "Single issue stories". A duo with Hawk and Dove, an alert that brings the Charlton heroes together. Time travel shenanigans that brings us to a silver age styled raid...

The Champions of Angor would be fun to use as villains for a dlc.
    • Like x 2
  18. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Nice idea here. I really wish they'd take this on as a format. When doing serial stories the DLCs would take on that story name and when doing one-shot DLCs they would be Brave & the Bold, etc like you suggest respectively named based on the characters they showcase. This would be such a nice nod/easter egg.

Examples:
    Flashpoint stories would be named; Flashpoint, World of Flashpoint, Metal [I,II,III], Death Metal, etc
    DC Comics Presents: Superman & Shazam, Superman & Phantom Stranger, Superman & Flash, Superman & Adam Strange
    Brave & the Bold: Batman & Green Lantern, Batman & Deadman, Batman & the Metal Men
    DC Comics Showcase: the Creeper, the Spectre, Doctor Fate, Lois Lane[!]

And so on. Would be such a great way to loop in obscure characters.

Actually while just looking up covers and seeing the Lois Lane one it would be a great idea to base a DLC on her. The DLC could be her investigation of some big epic crime and could easily be used to loop in any guest starring characters the Devs could imagine without it feeling forced or contrived. :)
  19. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Nah, Barbara Gordon is a 1000 times more interesting as Oracle than she has ever been as Batgirl. One of the worst mistakes they made was “fixing” her in the New 52. Really undid tons of character development and goodwill built up from the very beginning with the Ostrander run of Suicide Squad.

“broken armchair ridden cyber geek”

You really typed this out and thought it sounded fine?

***Edit***

More to your idea, I wouldn’t object to an Iconic Simulation Solo featuring Pre-Oracle Batgirl or something along those lines, maybe letting us experience an adventure that she is reminiscing about or a Flashback. They would have to make a Batgirl Legend though.
  20. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

What was "preposterous"? My statement was Barbara Gordon as Batgirl has never been done. It hasn't.