Bonus Nth Metal Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 5, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

BONUS NTH METAL WEEK

This week, your chances to receive Nth Metal as drops when defeating enemies is doubled! This means whenever you trigger an opportunity to get Nth Metal from enemies, that opportunity will fire off twice. The bonus begins Thursday, May 6, 2021, and runs through Wednesday, May 12, 2021.

Nth Metal is used to fortify and rank up your Artifacts. This bonus week *does not* grant any bonus Artifact XP when fortifying. This bonus week *does* stack with the Nth Metal Detector in the Marketplace (which doubles again your chances to get Nth Metal.)

The bonus week begins with daily server restarts on May 6, 2021, and ends at midnight PT or GMT on May 12, 2021.
    • Like x 13
  2. Eve YouTuber

Awesome!!
  3. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH:cool:
  4. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Really good timing on this one for me - arts in the high 180s, low 190s on a couple of toons!
  5. QBS New Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
  6. Alpha Fangz New Player

Does this include the nth metal you get from exobits in the open world? That would be nice.
  7. RahRah Active Player

Yes, it does :) Literally any nth metal drops you get are doubled (whether it be Vault, Stab event, Nth Caches, Collections, Exo-bits...)
    • Like x 1
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION: how long is the time between drops, ist the time also shortened and is there a random chance to get a drop each time you defeat an enemy? is there a higher chance to get Nth metal from bosses? or do all bosses drop Nth metal each time they are defeated?
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: i am BACK ^^ deal with it ^^ thx to the snyder cut, wich is totally member berries...
    • Like x 1
  10. Miserable Dedicated Player

Just to clarify, it is the Detectors that drop double the Caches and not the Caches that give double the Nth metal when opened, right?

So any time I would normally get a Cache when on a Detector, I will now get two? But opening a Cache still gives the normal amount of Nth metal?
    • Like x 1
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yep!
    • Like x 3
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Exactly right
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I believe last time I stopwatch'd it. It's at 5 and 10 min. If you go somewhere like outside East End PD or other locations adds continuously spawn and just keep spamming weapon shot or a spammable power (like Flame Cascade or whatever) you will see Nth drop at 5 min (normally 2-3 of the 'small' Nth 20's or 50's) and at 10 min you will see another drop (normally 2-3 pieces of 50's or 100's...occasionally a 200 or rarely a 500). If you sit still for 5 min then throw 1 shot, you will get the same. If you wait 10 min, then throw a shot, you will get a combo of the 1 5min dump and the 1 10 min dump. If you sit still for an hour...or are at the broker...or decorating or whatever and throw NO shots for that time, when you do, you will get the same combo drop with the 1 5 min dump and the 1 10 min dump. They do NOT accumulate so that you'd get an hours worth of Nth all at once.

This is why when I'm expecting a long broker session or deco session, I try to stop every 10 min, pop into a queue'd solo and whack a few adds...then return to what I was doing.

The only difference with this week is for every piece of Nth you'd get, you'll get 2x. If you got a 20 and 50...this week it's 2 20s and 2 50s. Timing is the same, and the Nth selections you get are the same...there will be no extra 'special' drops...just 2x the norm.
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

thx for the infos!