So why Circe never got her Rebirth look when she got updated?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Apr 30, 2021.

1. ACLife Active Player

quote from above: "While on this topic of Circe - I don't think Michelle Forbes has done any new dialogue for her since 2016. I think the dialogue used in Wonderverse and the Anniversary Raid were just generic unused pieces of dialogue or maybe taken from another part of the game that I just don't remember. I also question if Susan Eisenberg did all her dialogue for WW for pre-pandemic. It just seems weird that they would have the voice actors voice one line or two and not do more unless of course they have a set up to do it at home. I know some voice actors have actually been doing this for years. The reason I bring her up is also is if you read a comic with Circe and don't picture her voice then it almost feels silly."

Michelle will always be The Official DCUO Circe to me. I loved watching her evil ways in Guiding Light. She was spectacular in "24" and then having her in DCUO just was icing on the cake.

" I know your name, I know your Face, and I Know Your Days ARE NUMBERED!" My favorite lines in all of DCUO!
    • Like x 6
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

I loved her in Battlestar and True Blood too. Ugh - such a fan boy. I admit it.
    • Like x 8
  3. ACLife Active Player

Same!
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

If it could be a feature they let you chose what era model you wanted for npcs that youve encountered (or beaten)
    • Like x 2
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Henchmen uplink Device: Coven of Circe ? :oops:

I suppose that this one ( https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-gotham-starter-pack-july-2019 )did not sell well ... but it would be great for an analogue for every pair of mentors ... damn it, for a similar device, but with Circe I would pay twice as much as for Batman or Joker ...
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Ensign Ro *cough cough*
    • Like x 3
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I just don’t understand how at dc harley went from the way she looked in the animated series to how she looks now
    • Like x 1
  8. Starblast Well-Known Player

That was the best season of True Blood while she was in it. Also, you guys are forgetting Durham County, and the Killing.

I think that largely had to do with the Suicide Squad movie and the comics changed it to that. I really don't think the iconic animated look will ever go away from the character. This is also similar to Poison Ivy and Catwoman also ... I really feel like their modern looks were largely taken/inspired by Batman Returns/Batman & Robin etc. Sorta how Catwoman's original purple outfit still pops up ever so often in the comics. although not lately I believe. This could really be said by a lot of the characters.
    • Like x 1
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Wasn't there a classic costume style for Harley during a seasonal or something. I know the modern look was in Birds of Prey and there was the Harlequin Chroma in a Time Capsule, but I'm sure her classic costume or an inspired-by look was a reward during a seasonal.
  10. QBS New Player

Don't forget Star Trek: Next Gen...and ALMOST ST: DS9
    • Like x 2
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

Circe didn't get a full new model made from 0.
    Her old model got new hi-res textures for the body and tights, a new cape, hair and head piece. She looks gorgeous in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  12. Mermaid Dedicated Player

While I do like that style and look overall, to me it doesn't scream Circe and I pretty much prefer her DCUO style. It's so typical vampirish/goth-like. That and her Rebirth civilian-esque don't sit really well with me.. but if we get it as a style, I wouldn't be opposed!

Her purple hair with the Green Gown or DCUO Circe are far superior and they just emit more Sorceress/Goddess-like status.

I miss her voice! She would have been an epic addition in the Wonderverse story... I hope she can come back someday and rightfully with her own Coven of Circes!!
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ensign Ro for the win.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Other than this game, that's honestly the only other thing that I know her from.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

She's actually been in a lot of stuff, but has never been an 'A' list name. I'd guess you've seen a few of her things and maybe just don't remember her. She does get to shine as a voice though as it seems she likes to go over the top (a la Circe).
  16. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Thanks for the list, but yeah, I haven't watched anything else she's been in. lol!
  17. Dark warlorck Active Player

Circe is the dc comics character with the most different outfits. I mean her appearance changes so much that I feel like she becomes a different woman every time. I had said this before when Wonderverse was released, but Circe could easily be her own coven, it would be enough to take her many dress styles or she still looks like another woman and we have a sisterhood of witches.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm hoping we get another JLD episode where we have to deal with witchmarked Wonder Woman and face off against Hecate and Circe.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Dark warlorck Active Player

Yes!!! I also hear Michelle Forbes' voice in my head when I read comics with dialogue from Circe. I think I can't get enough of his insolence. For those who want to see Circe at the height of her power, I advise you to read War of the gods.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Nanak New Player

Superman’s other baby mama..but wait is Circe not magic...how lol. Seriously though I like her non 52 look but this would be a great style for the game has a game of thrones vibe.