Dev Discussion Episode 40: Flashtastic Voyage (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

So, there are 2 attacks that are kind of similar. The Earth Wave attack is part of an elite-only combo that doesn't have a red cone tell, and has earth-y looking spike FX that show as part of the attack itself. There's also another cone-shaped attack that's done in all difficulties that has a red tell that plays on the ground before purple wave-looking FX that play as part of the attack. Is it possible you're conflating the two attacks? Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  2. Yaiba Committed Player

Thanks for the info, it was my bad. Also, there are some attacks of The Rogues (especially The Top, Pied Piper) that are really hard to see during the heat of the battle. I think they look like some sort of floating balls, can you make them more visible? My leaguemates died to it by quite alot, and the first impression is always "what hit me" :oops:
  3. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! I've submitted a change to try and prevent those attacks (and one from the Elite Grodd fight) from being invisible, but unfortunately this kind of fix takes a lot longer to make it out to the live server. So, a fix will be out, but likely not in the next few hotfixes. Sorry about the inconvenience.
    • Like x 1
  4. Magnus33000 New Player

Le succès pour le titre "de central city" semble ne pas fonctionner
  5. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! So, did you finish the "Better Together, Again" feat, and the "of Central City" title wasn't granted for you? Or is the issue that you believe you should have gotten the "Better Together, Again" feat, but it didn't grant for you?

Has anyone else experienced either of the above issues?

Regards!
  6. Magnus33000 New Player

Ayant terminé le Raid en battant Les deux boss finaux; abra et flash en moins de 10 secondes entre les deux clairement le succès semble ne pas s'activer. Si j'ai raté un truc dites moi.
  7. JackFrost Developer

Are you trying to complete the feat in the Event mode of Flashtastic Voyage? In the Normal or Elite versions of the Raid, there are 3 final bosses that must all be defeated within 10 seconds of each other. Salut!
  8. Magnus33000 New Player

Ah non je le faisais en évent. désolé du dérangement.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Are we likely to get a fix to what happens when you leave the ship on first boss?

When you leave ship after doing the mechanic you have to move out 2 or 3 times - almost like a time loop since you are moving from the same start 2 or 3 times. Its kinda laggy but most players I run this raid with have the same problem. Especially annoying if you are trying to get back to group and grenadier add in corner gets you when you are in the loop. You can't avoid that attack while trapped in a bug unless the heals are enough that you can survive.

This is from the elite version but may apply to other versions as well.
    • Like x 1
  10. JackFrost Developer

Hey! I believe a fix I submitted this morning should resolve the issue you're describing here, once it makes it out to the live server via a hotfix. I'm not sure exactly when that will be, but hopefully soon. Thanks for the report!
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I've encountered an issue a few times during the Gorilla Grodd fight where after I turn back to human after being a gorilla some of my abilities won't activate properly for a few seconds. I've noticed it on three abilities in particular: Electrocute and Electrogenesis in Electricity and Pheromone Bloom, a Supercharge from Iconics. My character will complete the physical animation, but the ability doesn't activate and the cooldown is instantly reset. No power or SC is consumed when the abilities fail, and Eye of Gemini is also not triggered.

Weirdly enough other abilities work fine, it seems like it's just specific ones that don't activate. Those three are the only ones I've noticed it on so far. It doesn't happen every time so unfortunately I cannot provide steps to accurately repro 100% of the time. It was either in Event or Normal version, I'm not sure.

This is exactly what has happened when it has occurred though:
    1) I get transformed into a gorilla.
    2) I immediately use ability 5 to return to human form.
  12. Halahiiro Well-Known Player

That same thing is happening everywhere where you get transformed in to something or mindcontrolled, when you get your own powers back half of them don't work just goes ding ding ding ding.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh I didn't realise. This is the only content I've experienced it in. Thanks for the heads up. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.