A Community Update from EG7’s CEO and Founder, Robin Flodin

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Wondering about EG7 and CEO Robin Flodin's approach to games development? Watch his EG7 Community Update video:

Then read his letter addressed directly to our Daybreak communities here.
    • Like x 13
  2. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

mhm lets hope for an better future of this game
  3. Eve YouTuber

This gives hope and abit of hype as well. I always hope for the best for this game, so let's see what the future will bring with eg7.
    • Like x 5
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Will he remove feats from Time Capsules? :O As that's a problem with this game.
    • Like x 13
  5. Eve YouTuber

Mepps, I don't know how much you can say, but are there some changes we are likely to see soon?
    • Like x 2
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

There are 9 million and 999 thousand problems they should fix before removing something so minor that barely affects gameplay.
    • Like x 4
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Interesting interview though. Sounds positive.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

You've got to be kidding me.
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

This was unexpected, I didn't know EG7 would get so deep in the games. I hope at some point they can put resources on things Dimensional Ink hasn't been able to do so. If they manage to fix at least one of the 3 big issues (Outdated power animations, PvP, outdated textures on OG gotham and metropolis) the DCUO team could barely touch in the past years, they will already be my favorite company.
    • Like x 3
  11. NelielTu New Player

I'm glad to see that Robin comes from a gaming background and understands the communities around games, even trying to learn more about them. I'm looking forward to see how things eventually will actually move.
    DCUO has been running for a decade and it also feels this way. Graphically it's far behind most modern day games and there are also a lot of content challenges- that have been around for very long- that we haven't seen get much attention. For example, you can blast yourself to high CR and then never be able to do old raids again because nobody queues for them. Why not implement a leveling roulette like FFXIV does, or an altered version of it. These are things that, please correct me if i'm wrong, don't seem that hard at all to tackle. Instead of this we get new gear to grind more and new Time Capsule events. I mean no disrespect but why not look at the core mechanics in the game instead? Right now the game feels incredibly outdated. There have been some announcements about this, but we haven't really seen any specifics thusfar.
    • Like x 5
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Why lol?
  13. Eve YouTuber

Time Capsules biggest issue even more than RNG is having feats tied to them. This is a problem and something players complained about for years. Progression should be earned and not paid for.

I support the game, I support the team, but I agree that this one should be addressed as soon as possible by EG7.
    • Like x 6
  14. tiberiusblood New Player

hopefully they will get new powers rolled out. so the game would not be boring for those who like building characters . if DC only had the many power types probably would have never got this far.
    • Like x 1
  15. tiberiusblood New Player

also need animalistic fighting style or what was the reason for the animal skins.
    • Like x 3
  16. Knavion Level 30

The transparency that the CEO Robin Flodin shows is positive. I hope there will be good initiatives and updates to the game in the next months.
    • Like x 2
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Yea good news hope they will give the devs more ressources to provide us bigger and better episodes with bigger raids more bosses and more things to do.
    • Like x 1
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Most of the time capsule items can be easily bought in-game (for quarks and broker) and the ones that are too expensive (auras and materials) won't change your stats by more than 0.1%. I'm not in favor of pay to win and when capsules launched I was 100% agains't them, but there are so many feats in the game you can go untouched even on the emblem feats and won't notice the difference in stats. Even for the top % who run SM round 30 and elite critical mode I think capsule skill points are useless.

I understand your point of view, I respect it and I'd rather have no time capsule feats if it was a possibility, but there aren't many players out there stopping to play because of capsules or not coming to the game because of them, so I don't know how this could be a top priority even more when time capsules are a big source of income for the game right now.
    • Like x 4
  19. tiberiusblood New Player

then styles if you make weapons for back pieces why wouldn't you make same weapons to be used its just lazy to not do so.
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Hopefully DC Universe Online will break out of the beaten path of recycled DLC and boxed content, with a new and beautiful vision of EG7, for the game that everyone has been waiting for, now, for several years!
    • Like x 3