Task Force X

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zZzTorrOzZz, Apr 28, 2021.

1. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

I am sick of cross faction gameplay in alerts and raids.

The easy solution, or so I thought, is to turn OFF the "enable Task Force X" setting.

I did so and restarted the game. Que up for content and right off the bat the Task Force X

window pops up. I left the alert and checked my setting. Yep, it was still set to "OFF".

Maybe I have it backward, I think, and change it back to "On" and restart game.

Restart game and come back queing an alert again.

Right off the bat in the alert once again the task force X window pops up indicating villain's are again

in the alert.

What am I doing wrong?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That option prevents you from getting grouped into a villain operation, it does not prevent villains from being grouped up with you in a hero operation.
    • Like x 4
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The task force x setting determines whether YOU can be placed in the other faction's version of the instance or not. It does not affect who you can be grouped up with.

The demon's pit duo illustrates how this works very well.

If you are a hero and have task force x on, you can end up in the version where you fight captured heroes (the hero version of the instance) or captured villains (the villain version of the instance). You would only end up in the villain version if a villain queued before you, there is no other villain queued, and possibly no other heroes queued. If you got the hero version, it would either be you with another hero, or with a villain that queued after you (with no other heroes or possibly villains queued).

If you have task force off, you can only get into the hero version of the instance (fighting captured heroes), but you can still be paired with a villain if there are no heroes wanting to do the instance.

Expanding that to larger group content, I don't think it's necessarily who queued first, if someone has task force x off. If there is a 7 person mix of heroes and villains queued for a raid, all with task force x on, and you (as a hero) queue with task force x off, the game may force a hero version of the instance even if a villain queued first. But you would still have villains in your instance.
    • Like x 3
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Dude Why does it matter if they are villains
    • Like x 1
  5. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

I see and thanks.

They don't or cannot revive which completely nullifies "Co-Op".

They intentionally mess up feats.

They kick because they can.

I hate cross faction, opposed from the beginning.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They can revive you, what are you smoking? I’m having a hard time believing every single villain you get matched with is messing with you for no reason. Are you sure you’re entirely blameless here? You can always use LFG if you don’t want to get matched with them.
    • Like x 2
  7. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

I have no villian toons, and don't want to play with them. It's really that simple.

No need for the condescending attitude either, I don't need your toxic ********.

And as far as I can tell they do not and won't revive. Big part of the reason I don't

want involve in content with them. I'll continue to leave when task force x window comes up.

Bump
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t know what’s toxic about suggesting a solution to your problem but okay. Like I said, form a group rather than just queuing.
    • Like x 2
  9. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Villains say the same thing about heroes. :rolleyes: Truth is, there are a**holes and noobs everywhere, no matter if hero or villain.
    • Like x 3
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I think your the toxic one, maybe a little more on the weird side too.. how can you even tell whos a villain? Besides the yellow ring

I personally wish theyd give waller a dlc, shes not popular by alot of people on here,, is it a race thing? Because she pops up just as often a oracle and nobody complains...
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So what you want to do is go through LFG channel and build a group.
    • Like x 2
  12. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Look fact is I ask a question and it was answered.

I didn't ask for the condescending "What you been smoking" like I am a stoned idiot and I didn't ask for game advice been here longer than most of you probably.

Settings have been set a long time and I find no need to be in them. I was bored started looking in them and noticed the task force x setting resulting in my confusion.

Should have remained silent. I'm done here.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The difference is that the oracle(or calc) messages are part of the mission. The Waller message is an overlay. When it used to be vocal it would overlay whatever was being played for the mission (calc OR oracle...or whoever), and now that it's an on screen pop up, it overlays the actual mission text.

Neither one is a big loss as we all know the missions after the 1st run or 2, but it is an annoyance when it really makes no difference that a hero joined a vil run or vice versa, so why any message at all. It would be just as easy to have some quick 1 line popup say 'task force X' or 'suicide squad' under the players name. The player who's entered sees they are on an opposing run....the people in the proper run see nothing. There are a few runs where being on the opposite side does make a difference due to feats...that's the only reason I could see anyone needing to know this info....otherwise the objectives are the same and for that run everyone is a 'team'.

But I'd highly doubt it's racial....that's grasping a bit. I actually used to love(sarcastically) it when she'd over-talk on herself if you queued into belle reve stabilizer run with an opposing player. It was just a jumble of Waller chat.

If you were just referring to why she doesn't have a DLC? Not sure. I can honestly say I had never heard of her before this game, but I was out of the comics game a long time at that point...dropped out in 90 or 91. I think she came on the scene later or about that time. I'd figure if we got an actual suicide squad type DLC, she'd be in there a lot, but a whole Waller DLC...might be stretching it a bit.