Skill points are a pain!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lightnings Revenge, Apr 4, 2021.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Can't speak for KHALONofOGUN, but me? I tend to underplay my characters. I stick mainly to solo content and (unless there's something I really REALLY want) don't indulge much in event versions of new releases because I don't want to skip ahead. I've got about 13 characters that I'm actively taking through tier progression. And given that kind of playstyle I've long since given up on any sort of notoriety or accolades from anyone because I know my playstyle is VERY much in the minority.

Also, that playstyle of mine means I'm NEVER going to have high SP. 13 characters, with each being taken through content runs one at a time and sticking mainly to solo content, means there's a lot of feats I'm leaving on the table. With some stops along the way to camp for Marks (a few times for styles, most recently to improve some Artifacts on each character) I've just started reaching eligibility for Earth 3 content on some characters while most still have Riddled with Crime as their top content. So on average for each character, with seasonal and TC feats included, I tend to be sitting at the high 260/low 270 range on SP for my characters.

So why is a self-acknowledged nobody with no chance of topping the SP charts objecting? Because what you're asking for is lazy. You want the SP, put in the time and effort. With multiple chat channels available for making groups and open episodes still in place, there is absolutely no reason why someone who REALLY wants to get their SP totals increased can't get it done.

My own relatively low SP totals are due to my own decisions, and it's going to stay that way unless I decide to change how and what I play. I've owned what comes with that decision. But with requests like the one that started this whole thread, it's tough for me to think others can or are willing to own their own decisions.
    • Like x 7
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

-bump-

Still willing to help build feat groups to carry yours, and anyone elses, lazy behind.
    • Like x 3
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Us ps?
  4. Cruize Active Player

Gives me confidence that once I re-level my character that people like you exist.
    Thank you.
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

Skill points are "painful" only for the lazy players. Stop asking to have everything handed to you, it's a game, not a charity case.
    • Like x 5
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

dood, how old are you?

your idea / request stinks. it sits at the very core of everything that is wrong with this game. you want sp? earn it. it's nowhere near as difficult as you're making out. form your own groups. or don't. the solution to all your sp worries is right there in-game. it's no one else's fault that you can't be arsed to avail yourself of it but your own. this post here? the one above? it makes you sound like a snotty-nosed entitled little brat throwing a tantrum in the supermarket aisle. " but I want it, mummy! I want it! give it to me now! whaaaaaaaa!!!! "

seriously, man. . .
    • Like x 3
  7. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

sorry to busy grinding feats... come up with a valid reason to not make skill points buyable.
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Ive gotten 40 sp since the formation of this thread, been grinding.

Still see it as an absolute waste of time, as a tank i feel no stronger then i did 40 sp ago. Not worth the grind in my opinion.
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Naturally this is rhetorical, as the premiss is one of the stupidest i have read on the forums ever.....
    • Like x 2
  10. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Feats and skill points are there to give people something to do when they have completed their dailies/weeklies. It gives leagues, pug groups etc something to work towards to playing the game. If you could just buy all the feats, nobody would bother running anything after they are done with their dailies.
    • Like x 2
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

^ this. I can promise you, old content would be done. No reason to ever go back once something is out of relevancy so would just hurt new players even more
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

All you're doing is proving my point. Things are already bad...why make it way worse???
  14. Imaginos Dedicated Player

It's also proving the other point. The pay to win boat has already sailed and there's no calling it back to the harbor. Selling SP would be just the same kind of pay to win thing in a game that has already gone down that route. It would be far less of an impact than you think.
    Game is already pay to win.
  15. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

My guy,

I haven’t logged into the forums in like 5 years... mid February, myself and about 4 friends returned to DC with around 250 skill points. Since then, we’ve all basically doubled them. I’m 4 skill points away from 500. We started up an old league and there’s a dude we picked up who STARTED playing the game in March. He has 275 skill points now. He has put in the time and rolled around with us.

There are many people, including myself, who hunt skill points and are willing to help others. In fact, I enjoy teaching people the ropes!

To the devs, job well done on balancing! THIS is a very solid DCUO.
    • Like x 3
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It would have a greater impact than you think. People already hate that there is a p2w aspect to this game, do you really think going all the way is going to change people's minds? This will just push people further away.
    • Like x 2
  17. Ntwydimela Active Player

So there are acceptable levels of pay2win but only if it benefits you, otherwise new players are whiny or lazy for not making the required amount of time to feat run
  18. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Personally I hate P2W and the direction that the Developers have chosen for this game. They want that cash and that's what they're basing all their decisions on. Until their current business model changes, you'll just see more of the same.
  19. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Hey sorry. Yes I'm on US PC/PS.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fixed that for you. :)