SERIOUS lack of difficulty in the game PLEASE fix

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Scytthe, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Scytthe Well-Known Player

PLEASE just note this is not a bragging thread this is what me and I’m SURE many players and league feel about DCUO Raids.

Ok im gonna be honest, there is a serious lack of difficulty with the Raids in the game actually.

We can clear the new raids even on the highest difficulty without problem, without communication between players, and even with the previous dlc gear, this SHOULDNT be like this, where is the satisfaction beating a hard raid? Where are the strategies, where are the raids where you need 2healers or 2 tanks????

What’s is the reason behind that, why don’t we have some raids variants with mechanics happening randomly, or elite adds spawning randomly where the group would have to react and play smart to face what’s happening? Right now there is absolutely nothing difficult.

There is a SERIOUS lack of challenge actually, elite raids shouldn’t be doable by any random group made in LFG.

What about leagues running premade raids and communicating via voice chat, are they forgotten like pvp?if any single raid is very easily doable by any random group, what’s the point?

Where is DC old days era where if you wanted to complete the hardest raid you had to struggle, make some strategies and try wipe try wipe get better wipe again rise and repeat. hey Paradox, hey Nexus of reality, hey Prime Battleground, hey fortress of solitude 2 I’m seriously missing you.

PLEASE make this game more challenging,this is starting to be seriously boring.

Thank you, and give your opinion people PLEASE people comment, DCUO needs some harder raids, this is a serious problem.
    • Like x 4
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Okay, two things -

First, your personal experience is likely to be very subjective in this game. Expecting the entire game to be altered in order to suit your tastes is a big ask, and also kind of an unfair one.

Second, not everyone out there is a day one rank amateur - it's perfectly possible to beat content no one has ever played before (even on elite setting) simply because some of the people playing it have been here for 5, 7, or 9 years. Assuming that you're the only experienced player seems fairly prideful.
    • Like x 10
  3. Staggiie Level 30

Where are you finding these pugs that you can clear elite content with as easily as you say? Everytime I pug in LFG it's fkn terrible.
    • Like x 3
  4. Crash Test New Player

LoL, I was in a pug group last night with 20 min till the world went down we finished elite if 15 min top a pug group. In the words of Hannibal Smith (A-Team) I love it when a plan comes together...
    • Like x 1
  5. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

People joining elite, usually even pug groups, are going to be be people in suitable gear with suitable knowledge and skill for the most part. The weakest links get kicked. I've seen it happen lots. If this elite stuff is too easy for you, unequip some gear after the raid starts and then go at it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

For most players, the difficulty is fine. If it's too easy for you, spec fewer SP, use lower artifacts, wear worse gear.

ETA: As someone who teaches the game to a lot of newer players, many of whom are comic fans first and gamers like fifth -- this can even be a hard game for many people.
    • Like x 1
  7. Crash Test New Player

All this talk Fos 2 was harder than current content T2 batcave harder than current content. Reason being MECHANIC'S, now if you was to scale those raids to current cr that would be a challenge..
  8. AZPrime Active Player

First off, you shouldn't assume that "many players and leagues" feel the same way you do about content. As an individual you're entitled to give your own feedback, not to be a mouthpiece for everyone else.

Second, I like how you don't offer any proof for this supposed accomplishment of beating both raids on the hardest difficulty without any problems. We have your word alone, and quite frankly it isn't enough.

- What was everyone's CR?
    - Artifact levels?
    - How long did the raids take?

Without accompanying information and proof, for all we know you could just be making all of this up.

Random mechanics piled one on top of another do not make for a good raid. Mechanics should be clear, happen with specific triggers and behaviors that can be learned or understood in a way that the group can overcome with time and/or experience. Make the player play smart; too much randomness isn't fun, and can lead to needless frustration and unfair group wipes.

Here's something that I'm fairly certain is going to blow your mind: DC Universe Online is a casual game. I know, amazing, isn't it? People of various skill levels, artifact/gear levels, and patience levels play this game, and it has to somewhat accommodate for that. If all content was hair-pulling levels of frustrating, no one would get anything done and most of those players would leave and spend their money elsewhere. If you really think all content should be so difficult that only diehard leagues with pinpoint skill levels should beat it, you're playing the wrong game.

Yes, elite exists, but you should realize that a good amount of players LFG into elite groups. Elite should be hard for them, but still fair.

Ah, so this is where the rose-tinted glasses come out.

Of course you're going to remember content from *checks notes* nine years ago as being harder, mostly because the game was very different back then. We didn't have most of the mechanics that we do today, or any of the extra systems that make us much stronger, like artifacts, elite gear and augments, just to name a few, and most of the powers we had at the time were wildly unbalanced to boot.

But you know what? If you really think the current content is too easy compared to what it was like back then, there's nothing stopping you from recreating the experience; don't use artifacts, use entry-level gear only (not elite gear from the previous DLC - remember, we didn't have affinity mods back then!), limit yourself to about 100 SP, and for good measure, make sure everyone in your group does the same. Boom, instant challenge.

If the game is so boring, there's nothing stopping you from - wait for it - playing something else. Find some no-nonsense, difficult-as-hell game and go play that to your heart's content.

Content should not be a slog to play, and needlessly excessive difficulty is what will lead to that.
    • Like x 5
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I see this a lot too, but it's just a perceptual bias for the most part. You recall it being challenging because you were newer to the game, not because DLCs were harder. At times, Origin Crisis for example, we've had harder content. But Prime Battleground which people LOVED and found very tough, is nothing but a brawl with the "mechanic" of the spawners.

People often bring up FoS 2, but aside from the bridge nothing about that raid was challenging at CR, nothing except staying awake, that is. FoS 3 was another brawl, with no mechanics aside from reactive ads looking for you to melee, range, and not hit medic shields. It was fast and easy.

Batcaves were never tough, only tedious. No thank you to Neuro-bot thingy stun-locks. Current Elite Alert Zoom is more complicated and more challenging from anything in that time in the game.

And yeah there have been a (very) few exceptions; ToTD-E when it was current, Origin Crisis raids, and even some later content. Many struggled with ZooE at release, for instance. However, for the most part, this game has never been the hardest thing around, and that's ok.

This game is a comic book romp and not a strategic nail-biter. And again, that's OK.
    • Like x 4
  10. Crash Test New Player

Whoa, are you kidding the bridge that's all you remember from fos2 what about the split, The crystals at the Jor-el fight come on need I say more.
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

You can say more if you like, but it's just proving my point. "The Split" was easily overcome by a little thing called Warp Rally... so yeah. Jor-El? That was never hard. Final boss was easy if no one entered movement mode, too. Anyway, nope not kidding. This game has rarely been about the difficulty.
    • Like x 1
  12. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Casual and Event mode where made so all player that put comic first and gamers like fifth can enjoy:) Thank you, for helping this players but elite demographic should be made in reflection of the top 1% of players, this said players that can:
    . Play multiple roles if the situation require
    . Follow room mechanics
    . Coordinate a strategy plan
    . Understand each role purpose
    . Ability/Judgement when to pickup players
    . Capable of using and abusing combat system(Block, Lunge...)
    . Adapt to the situations(Change loudouts, Swap artifacts...)
    And many more...

Mixed feelings about this. The best raids DCUO are all about mixing mechanics and the ability for the group to adapt.
    Example:
    Dox - > Room mechanics, Boss mechanics and even multiple bosses mechanics
    HIVEe -> Deathstroke(Multiple Overlapping boss and room mechanics)
    USEe -> US Pt5 (Aton of overlapping mechanics, bombs, adds, boss mechanics)
    FIe - > Cerb (Multiple of add mechanics+room mechanics)

Barely no mechanics Raids:
    TTBE - > The cake walk
    COUe -> The burn fiesta

Life isn't fair, period. LFG should always be your last resort when forming for an elite raid. I defend you can pull off most of elite raids if you bring 4/8 freinds, but a true elite raid should require an experience lg.
    Another problem is that some casual players refuse to learn, but yet they carried by their tank.
    The current dlc lacks substance, stuff hitting hard on your tank inst skill is just p2w and lame design. A flawed design that keeps proving over and over that it simply does work. I would be so happy to see this raids removed for further adjustments and make everyone forced to run the Elite alert.
    • Like x 2
  13. Crash Test New Player

You just proved my point thanks MECHANICS
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Exactly this. Players can easily add difficulty. And everyone has a bias when it comes to nostalgic perception.
    • Like x 2
  15. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Warp Rally is a challenging mechanic? That's cool, I'm good on this convo now.
    • Like x 1
  16. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

How is that going to work unless the top 1% is spending 99% of the money? 1% is a little slim, don't you think?
    • Like x 3
  17. Crash Test New Player

You rally, just like you popped armory back then when your troll died or did you use your weapon no no you wiped. Content was more difficult due to the mechanics of the game.
  18. Crash Test New Player

Here is a challenge for you we buy cr 70 gear spec no more then 150sp and run fos 1 2 3 just for fun
  19. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Flurry shot nerf, Weapon Pass, Removing Dodge from lunging and much more.
    This were changes made not because of casual players, but because of the top 1%.
    Is not a matter of paying bills, is a matter of game quality.
    Every casual player is free to play the previous elite raids, farm the feats and enjoy the game at their on pace.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, ok... lol
    • Like x 2