Brawler, the ranged attack is gone...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Why did you remove the brawler's ranged attack?

I want to believe that Brawler is mainly for hand-to-hand combat, but I'm very disappointed not to have this attack anymore, because as far as I'm concerned, it's the weapon I liked to play Troll...
  2. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

Since when?
    • Like x 1
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Do you mean the triangle tap or triangle hold?
    • Like x 1
  4. Heywiar Committed Player

If you're talking about shuriken mastery, you need both brawling and martial arts specced to use it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fwames Well-Known Player

a wise guy once said

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
    • Like x 3
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

There was no need for mastery, it was in the first ranger of the brawler weapon on the right, an attack that allowed you to do a right click + hold right click, it was the brawler attack that was used by many trolls...
  7. Tree Well-Known Player

I think you’re mistaken or your memory of Brawling is not correct.
    • Like x 1
  8. Berza Committed Player

I was checking on Brawling combos, and that one you mention doesn't exist. Brawling has only 2 ranged attacks: 1.Tap range; and 2.Hold range. The only combo on the Brawling tree with a Tap range->Hold range input is, as stated above by other people, Shuriken Storm Mastery.
    EDIT: When I say I was checking the combos, I actually checked the dcuobloguide for the old WM trees. If that combo existed previously to that, it is long gone now.
  9. Heywiar Committed Player

You're definitely talking about shuriken mastery.
    • Like x 3
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

So, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember at all that I was going to look up "martial arts" weapon mastery for that, having mistakenly registered a dps armory on my troll armory impossible to verify that, now...
  11. Fwames Well-Known Player

So the emotional outburst comes first before the logical... hmmmm.. interesting
    • Like x 1
  12. darth_paul Dedicated Player

The ranged shuriken attacks are with Martial Arts.

Brawling's regular ranged attacked by just tapping the ranged attack button is a Hulk style hand clap that sends out shockwaves, and the hold ranged attack is a kick the ground and send a rock flying motion.
    • Like x 1
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

When you know for sure, yes it can happen, remember we are humans not machines ;)
  14. Abel Well-Known Player

You are absolutely correct, "we are humans not machines".

Just like the Devs at DCUO are also humans not machines. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

I would accept this line of thinking from you, except you have longstanding pattern of making these kinds of emotional outbursts over little things and absolutely nothing on the forums on a regular basis, almost like you're a machine programmed to do so.
    • Like x 1